Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longest lasting nail polishes..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Longest lasting nail polishes..

    Any suggestions?
    Confidence is silent, insecurities are loud..

    #2
    Re: Longest lasting nail polishes..

    in Pakistan i found luscious nail polishes has good lasting ..

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Longest lasting nail polishes..

      Mavala, they're very popular here in France and I think i saw them at John Lewis but the choice was very limited whereas they normally have a shade variety that's comparable to Essie or OPI.

      It's my favourite brand and it's like 4€, it can last a whole week without chipping with just 2 coats.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Longest lasting nail polishes..

        O.P.I and use a clear over coat will make it last longer
        khud bighaari hui taqdeer ka shiqwa na karo..

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Longest lasting nail polishes..

          O.P.I. I always use Nailtek as "base", apply 2 layers of O.P.I., and Seche Vite dry fast top coat afterwards.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Longest lasting nail polishes..

            Originally posted by Cinnamonroll View Post
            Mavala, they're very popular here in France and I think i saw them at John Lewis but the choice was very limited whereas they normally have a shade variety that's comparable to Essie or OPI.

            It's my favourite brand and it's like 4€, it can last a whole week without chipping with just 2 coats.
            Where did u buy them in France?

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Longest lasting nail polishes..

              ^drugstores or pharmacies

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Longest lasting nail polishes..

                Mavala can be found on Beauty Bay

                http://www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/mavala/



                My favourites are Moon Grey, Mauve Cendré, Blue Curacao, Lagoon, Marron Glacé, Khaki vintage, Ruby

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Longest lasting nail polishes..

                  Originally posted by Cinnamonroll View Post
                  ^drugstores or pharmacies
                  Well, in pharmacies the price is too high. I'll buy them online. Thanks again

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Longest lasting nail polishes..

                    ^no it's between 4-5€ depending on where you go so i personally don't call this too high given the great quality but it's up to you

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Longest lasting nail polishes..

                      OPI is nice. I've had good experiences with Rimmel as well.

                      I don't know if applying a base coat prior to the nail color and then following that up with a top coat or clear varnish will prolong the staying power of color polish? It might. Try it out.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Longest lasting nail polishes..

                        ^i think it does, especially with OPI, i find they don't last more than one day without slightly chipping.
                        by the way, Rimmel have a nice base+top coat, like a 2 in 1 polish

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Longest lasting nail polishes..

                          Originally posted by Cinnamonroll View Post
                          ^no it's between 4-5€ depending on where you go so i personally don't call this too high given the great quality but it's up to you
                          If it's 4-5€, it's great. But, I saw in pharmacy it think it was like 8-9€, i'll check in another one.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Longest lasting nail polishes..

                            wow really, well maybe it depends on the places, but i've been in a lot of pharmacies in paris and around and they never were that expensive, so maybe you live in a place where they don't have many retailers, i don't know.. if you go to a drugstore called Monoprix they're like 5€ something

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Longest lasting nail polishes..

                              Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
                              I don't know if applying a base coat prior to the nail color and then following that up with a top coat or clear varnish will prolong the staying power of color polish? It might. Try it out.
                              Personally, I like to keep my nails a bit long and they're NOT naturally strong. I use Nailtek b/c for my nails, I notice a big difference on the growth/strength of the nails when I use them. But even without that "issue".....I find that for me, using a "base" keep the polish color from staining my nails.....and it also gives the polish a totally smooth "surface".

                              As for top coat.......now this in my experience does help with staying power of polishes regardless of brand (other than OPI, I've also tried Essie, China Glaze, and Revlon). It also helps with the "shine" factor in my opinion.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X