Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longest lasting nail polishes..

Any suggestions?
    Confidence is silent, insecurities are loud..

Re: Longest lasting nail polishes..

in Pakistan i found luscious nail polishes has good lasting ..

Comment

Mavala, they're very popular here in France and I think i saw them at John Lewis but the choice was very limited whereas they normally have a shade variety that's comparable to Essie or OPI.

It's my favourite brand and it's like 4€, it can last a whole week without chipping with just 2 coats.

Comment

O.P.I and use a clear over coat will make it last longer
        khud bighaari hui taqdeer ka shiqwa na karo..

Comment

O.P.I. I always use Nailtek as "base", apply 2 layers of O.P.I., and Seche Vite dry fast top coat afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinnamonroll View Post
            Mavala, they're very popular here in France and I think i saw them at John Lewis but the choice was very limited whereas they normally have a shade variety that's comparable to Essie or OPI.

It's my favourite brand and it's like 4€, it can last a whole week without chipping with just 2 coats.
            Where did u buy them in France?

Comment

^drugstores or pharmacies

Comment

Mavala can be found on Beauty Bay

http://www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/mavala/

My favourites are Moon Grey, Mauve Cendré, Blue Curacao, Lagoon, Marron Glacé, Khaki vintage, Ruby

Comment

^drugstores or pharmacies
                  Well, in pharmacies the price is too high. I'll buy them online. Thanks again

Comment

^no it's between 4-5€ depending on where you go so i personally don't call this too high given the great quality but it's up to you

Comment

OPI is nice. I've had good experiences with Rimmel as well.

I don't know if applying a base coat prior to the nail color and then following that up with a top coat or clear varnish will prolong the staying power of color polish? It might. Try it out.

Comment

^i think it does, especially with OPI, i find they don't last more than one day without slightly chipping.
                        by the way, Rimmel have a nice base+top coat, like a 2 in 1 polish

Comment

^no it's between 4-5€ depending on where you go so i personally don't call this too high given the great quality but it's up to you
                          If it's 4-5€, it's great. But, I saw in pharmacy it think it was like 8-9€, i'll check in another one.

Comment

wow really, well maybe it depends on the places, but i've been in a lot of pharmacies in paris and around and they never were that expensive, so maybe you live in a place where they don't have many retailers, i don't know.. if you go to a drugstore called Monoprix they're like 5€ something

Comment

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
                              I don't know if applying a base coat prior to the nail color and then following that up with a top coat or clear varnish will prolong the staying power of color polish? It might. Try it out.
                              Personally, I like to keep my nails a bit long and they're NOT naturally strong. I use Nailtek b/c for my nails, I notice a big difference on the growth/strength of the nails when I use them. But even without that "issue".....I find that for me, using a "base" keep the polish color from staining my nails.....and it also gives the polish a totally smooth "surface".

As for top coat.......now this in my experience does help with staying power of polishes regardless of brand (other than OPI, I've also tried Essie, China Glaze, and Revlon). It also helps with the "shine" factor in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X