mu dikai rasam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mu dikai rasam

as there is this rusam called mu dikai guyz giving a gift to their wives, how many of you who are married or getting married are thinking of buying their husband's a gift or brought their husband's a special gift and what was it

Re: mu dikai rasam

during muNh dikhaayii rasam...relatives/friends/guests give something of value/cash to the bride and the groom...while couple do NOT gift each other...parents do on their behalf!...as far as i've seen from my childhood up until now!!!
    Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
    16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Originally posted by Khalil KhaaN FaaKhta View Post
      during muNh dikhaayii rasam...relatives/friends/guests give something of value/cash to the bride and the groom...while couple do NOT gift each other...parents do on their behalf!...as far as i've seen from my childhood up until now!!!
      correct me if im wrong ur talking about general wedding families and relitives giving cash, but mu dikai is when the groom sees his wife when she comes to his house and he gives her a special gift

Comment

Originally posted by blue eyez View Post
        correct me if im wrong ur talking about general wedding families and relitives giving cash, but mu dikai is when the groom sees his wife when she comes to his house and he gives her a special gift
        ohhhh you mean suhaagraat par...ok ok! my apologies!

in India "muNh dikhaaii" usually means the ceremony that takes place before ruKhsati whereby the grooms comes inside the house and saali/saalaas play tricks on him...they see each other for the first time in a mirror ...they are covered with a decorative sheet called maHzar...and someone who sings well recites the sehraa [a poem].

...well, i guess a gold/diamond set would be fine...maiN ne to already le rakkhaa hai lol
        Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!

Comment

My mom told me that this rasm was mainly meant for the guy.... that he buy a gift for his wife as "mu dikahi". So based on this I did not buy anything for my hubby. My husband (also clueless about rasms) was told the same thing ... so I was surprised with a gorgeous David Yurman ring So it worked out.

On our engagement, obviously he got me *the* diamond ... and knowing this I also bought him gifts so that later on he could look back and remember i gave it to him on our engagement. I got him cufflinks, 2 cashmere sweaters....and a David Yurman necklace.

Just this past eid ... he took me to see my parents and spend time with them.. my gift to him was a bracelet that matched the Yurman necklace I gave him previously

Other than these things i think the other most special gift i gave to him was I made a photo book complete with captions of his and his friends throughout the years. Photobook of memories. He loved it.

Comment

I bought my husband a PS3 (gaming system), but gave it to him the day after the wedding, cause I didnt think it was a really romantic gift for our wedding night, lol! He got me a pair of Manolo's that I really wanted!
            There is a place you can touch a woman that will drive her crazy. Her heart!

Comment

WOW PSP!!! dont you think the PSP will become a "Sautan" ?

Comment

i gave my huby a shirt matching 2 my dress for the next morning
                Meri hasti may ANAA hay meri masti may shaaoor ...

Comment

Originally posted by devilish angel View Post
                  i gave my huby a shirt matching 2 my dress for the next morning
                  lol good idea
                  I'm sarcastic because it is the body's natural defense against stupid.

Comment

i got him quite a few things but my special gift for my hubby to be is a identity bracelet going to have his name ingraved on it and have a special msg on the back of the bracelet i understand thts mu dikai is what your husband gifts u on your wedding night but i cant help it

Comment

how about a $1 lottery ticket...wedding night is a lucky night so he may be lucky TWICE and may hit a jackpot

Comment

Originally posted by Khalil KhaaN FaaKhta View Post
                        how about a $1 lottery ticket...wedding night is a lucky night so he may be lucky TWICE and may hit a jackpot
                        hahaha yeah he wishes im his big lottery ticket wat more can he ask for

Comment

Originally posted by blue eyez View Post
                          hahaha yeah he wishes im his big lottery ticket wat more can he ask for
                          yup...may be prove to be lucky for him...kam Kharch baalaa nashiiN Good Luck

Comment

inshallah lol thanku

Comment

I've got my fiance a pen set with the date of our wedding day engraved on it!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X