Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Lipstick Brand .. and why??? Also - what is it's negative point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Lipstick Brand .. and why??? Also - what is it's negative point?

Seeing the thread on MAC lipsticks I started wondering what brand of lipsticks you all gravitate towards???? You see yourself purchasing from that same brand over and over again... its your "go to" for lipsticks. The minute they come out with a new lipstick you need to head over and check it out. Now tell me why it is your favorite. And also tell me it's negative point (even though it is your favorite)

I hope this will help guppies get out of their rut and start trying out new brands upon seeing the positives of it!!!

I'll start.

1) MAC - pigmentation is amazing.. the color you see is what you get. Long wearing. Affordable.
    Negative Point: I find most of them too drying....

2) LANCOME- beautiful sophisticated shades, i find them to be super moisturizing, packaging is luxurious.
    Negative Point: Color fades easily ...especially if you do not apply matching lipliner with it. There is a need for touch ups ..

Re: Favorite Lipstick Brand .. and why??? Also - what is it's negative point?

I like MAC but I'm loving Chanel right now. Oh and Ellis Faas, Guerlain and Hourglass are fantastic too. I have a few things on my wish list to buy real soon. >.<
    "Creativity and originality lie not in the avoidance of established forms, but in the imaginative use of them"— Some smart wiz.

Comment

Guerlain lipsticks are good because they feel great on the lips and wear off nicely and evenly, but they can have that baby wipe scent and they cost an arm so I only have one.
      I don't usually wear lipstick but if i do i prefer to use my Korres lipsticks, for a products that's supposed to be natural they feel really expensive, they're long wearing and fade off very nicely and don't have that chemical scent you often get from lipticks
      I'm gonna get my first Laura Mercier lipstick today so i'll report later

Comment

Mac and Estee Lauder. I love EL's formula. I find that their lipcolours aren't harsh.
        Hamain maat dhondna duniya ki bheed main... Hum milein ge tumhain tumhari parchayi main

Comment

I don't wear much lipstick. Most of mine are MAC because the colours suit me, they last and the smell doesn't make me want to vom (I can't wear perfume as it makes me nauseous and headachey). I only find the matte ones get a bit dry on the lips. For sheer colour, I have a Dior Addict, I don't wear lipgloss so this is a happy medium.
          OMG Paki!

Comment

I like lippies that are v.pigmented and don't dry my lips out too much.. Nyx, Barry M and Sephora's own brand are brilliant value and look and feel good, Estee Lauder and Dior ones are nice and creamy and MAC do nice colours tho I'm not quite as keen on the textures/formulas .. Do love MAC lipglasses tho
            Confidence is silent, insecurities are loud..

Comment

Lancome, Smashbox, Guerlain and MAC so far.
              Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

Has anyone tried the insanely hyped Revlon Lip Butters?

"Creativity and originality lie not in the avoidance of established forms, but in the imaginative use of them"— Some smart wiz.

Comment

I like number 17 lipsticks.. They're the only one I've tried and love how they last for ages and don't dry out your lips. Ive tried number 7 lipstick and find they have a creamy texture but they dry out your lips. I prefer shopping in drugstores for lipstick..cant figure out why people can spend over a tenner on lippie?
                  Eat. Pray. Love.

Comment

cost can be such a huge factor in deciding what we buy (obviously) ......

The majority of my MAC and LANCOME lipsticks (only 2 brands i own) ... are all from outlets!!! Thank god for cosmetic outlet stores!! They are cheaper than drugstore brand! I have never spent more than $10 on a lipstick.

So for any ladies lucky enough to be close to an outlet... look into this! I actually just came back from the outlets with some more loot. I bought a lancome "lipstick" which is called "base" ... and it has no color and is basically a glorified chapstick! feels lush on the lips... but prettier packaging than a chapstick. Only cost me $4 due to an enormous sale.

The same shop that carries the lancome products has also started carrying YSL which I am incredibly happy about... i do not own any yet... but will soon. I have heard good things about them as well.

@ Cinnamonrolll - let us know what you thought of the Laura Mercier lipstick! I have heard good things about their lip balms...but again its the price that does not allow me to get it...

Comment

I recently bought "Parfait" from Bare Minerals and I love it. It's moisturizing and the color is this pretty pink that looks natural but still adds that lil oomph to your complexion. Really suits complexions with yellow undertones. I've also tried their lipstick in Bronze..which is also pretty.

I do like MAC colors as well, but I agree that they can be abit drying. I've also bought some from The Body Shop as well.

Comment

I love some of C Dior and Bobby Brown's colours - MAC gives a great feeling when put on - very "smooth"

Comment

I recently tried on this very pretty "natural" pink from Lancome..it was such a pretty color BUT it was $30! and I thought I already had lots of pinks, i went back and checked my stash turns out I don't have THAT shade of pink....they're all on the shimmery side..lol. So I might just pick it up but from Bloomingdales or Macys so at least I can get a free gift or something with it. :halo:

but I have a pretty eclectic collection of lipsticks, I have clinique, revlon, mac, guerlain...as well as YSL and christian Dior, estee lauder, etc.

I would love to get a bobbi brown, I bought a few for my mother and she loves em...she said the texture is very nic eand the colors are gorgeous...

I used sephora ones in the past and absolutely hated them.
                          The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

^I really wanted to like Bobbi Brown lipsticks but they're awful (except for the creamy ones), they feel really dry as soon as you apply them and they're not even that long wearing, such a shame given that the shade selection is great.

Comment

Originally posted by PunjabiRose View Post
                              @ Cinnamonrolll - let us know what you thought of the Laura Mercier lipstick! I have heard good things about their lip balms...but again its the price that does not allow me to get it...
                              I'm also eyeing the Hydratints but i'm waiting to finish all my lipbalm before splurging on it
                              I'm a huge fan of Laura Mercier even though it's so expensive, i just save up and the products have never failed me.

I got a Crème Lip color lipstick in Audrey and it's amazing, it's moisturizing, the finish is smooth and it lasts for a very long time, the website says it's a warm-pink rose, it's a mix between red and pink and you can build up the intensity of the color. I tried it with a lip liner and it lasted forever

For example that's me wearing it :

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2...1418111146.jpg

(excuse the shabbiness, it's sunday!)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                              and that's the blog post that inspired me to buy it : it's in french but she's basically saying the color looks different according to the lighting

Si je devais emporter un seul produit de maquillage sur une île déserte, ça serai sans hésiter, un rouge à lèvres. Encore une merveilleuse ...
                              Last edited by Cinnamonroll; Nov 13, 2011, 06:01 AM. Reason: insert image

Comment

Working...
                              X