Michelle William as Marilyn Monroe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michelle William as Marilyn Monroe

Never thought she could pull that off but I think she looks good as Marilyn. I love the dresses and the make-up.

michelle-williams-marilyn-monroe.jpg
    michelle-williams-as-marilyn-monroe-343756.jpg
    article-1333190-0C3ADEED000005DC-920_237x582.jpg
    Michelle-Williams-Marilyn-Monroe-MY-WEEK-WITH-MARILYN-movie-image-slice.jpg
    michelle-williams-as-marilyn-monroe-for-vogue-magazine008.jpg
    I'm quite illiterate, but I read a lot.

Re: Michelle William as Marilyn Monroe

1008monroe.jpg

300.wk.marilyn.1.lc.102011.jpg

Michelle-Williams11-My-Week-With-Marilyn-300x256.jpg

For Marie Claire

michelle-williams-marie-claire-february-2011-cover-picture.jpg

marieclaire-michellewilliams3.jpg

Comment

She looks like a more "older" and harsher (due to the eyes) Marilyn Monroe. The difference is not toooo strong....but it's there, you can see it. I've always thought Michelle Williams looked pretty in her pixie cut

I think that Katherine Heigl....if she were to put on some weight and become more curvier....could also pull it off. Her face/the features (eyes especially compared to Michelle) are softer...and would go well with the wig. But she needs a more voluptuous body.

And the other possibility that comes to mind is Jessica Chastain, who played a Marilyn-Monroe like character in the movie, The Help.

Comment

^Yeah....overall I think it's good for her personal life, it can boost her career which was dead since her husband's death.

Comment

I like Michelle. I have liked her since her Dawsons creek days.
          A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Comment

I remember seeing these! I couldn't really see how she'd pull it off since she's not the Marilyn Monroe type but once in costume and makeup it finally came to life. That picture with her reading a book is one of my favorites.
            "Creativity and originality lie not in the avoidance of established forms, but in the imaginative use of them" Some smart wiz.

Comment

Marilyn Monroe!

hollywood celebs are no longer like her

Comment

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
                She looks like a more "older" and harsher (due to the eyes) Marilyn Monroe. The difference is not toooo strong....but it's there, you can see it. I've always thought Michelle Williams looked pretty in her pixie cut

I think that Katherine Heigl....if she were to put on some weight and become more curvier....could also pull it off. Her face/the features (eyes especially compared to Michelle) are softer...and would go well with the wig. But she needs a more voluptuous body.

And the other possibility that comes to mind is Jessica Chastain, who played a Marilyn-Monroe like character in the movie, The Help.
                Isn't she like 5'10? Michelle's body and height perfectly fits the image of MM.

I think they were looking for a real actress to play a challenging character not just any celebrity to dress up as Marilyn, we've seen that many times before. Michelle's performance has solid Oscar nomination written all over it and now I perfectly understand why the filmmakers didn't go for likes of Scarlett Jo, who I always thought would be an ultimate choice to play Marilyn. Its an actor's role.

As with the differences, its impossible to achieve 100% resemblance.
                Last edited by Jolie; Nov 11, 2011, 07:02 PM.

Comment

MW is unable to pull off the seductive look of Marilyn. But in other shots she is very similar.
                  Katherin Heigal can never pull this off. She is a giant compared to Marilyn and if she put on weight she'll be too masculine and heavy.
                  "And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music" F.N

Comment

^I think it has to do with the roles we're used to seeing Michelle take on. I think in makeup and costume, she fits the role quite well. She is quite dignified and subtle and wouldn't take away from such a role, if that makes sense.
                    "Creativity and originality lie not in the avoidance of established forms, but in the imaginative use of them" Some smart wiz.

Comment

Women need longer hair.
                      Say no to 'islamofascism'..

Comment

Working...
                      X