Phatkari?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phatkari?

OK i dont know whats the english of this but ya somebody recommended me this to be used as a scrub on my body...cuz i go in deep pain while waxing n she said this would help make nt only the hair less but also tighten the skin as acc to her i have lil too soft skin hence it hurts me more?!

Any idea if its of any help?

Re: Phatkari?

would like to know abt this too......... where can i get it from?

Comment

Is it that clay thing with holes in it they use in Pakistan? It's sort of like a Pumice stone, but made from clay.

Comment

its white-opaque , and looks like rock salt..no holes..
        "Life is too short to spend it hoping that the perfectly arched eyebrow or hottest new lip shade can mask an ugly heart."

Comment

http://z.about.com/d/chemistry/1/0/9/R/alum.jpg

people usually soak the rock in water..and it slowly dissolves..the water can be used as antiseptic, or mouthwash..etc
          "Life is too short to spend it hoping that the perfectly arched eyebrow or hottest new lip shade can mask an ugly heart."

Comment

ALUM

Comment

Yup, it's called alum.

Alum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
              So verily, with the hardship, there is relief. Verily, with the hardship, there is relief. (Surat Insyirah 5-6)

Comment

wow, really?! i have used alum for natural dying of the fabrics....hmm ok that doesnt sound too good.

Comment

It's said to reduce hair-growth and aid in shrinking open/large pores.. doesn't make waxing any less painful though
                  ..all you need is trust and a little bit of pixie dust!

Comment

hmm might try that out, where is it available to buy..? also Gina I wanted to ask you - Can u use the Rose Water (for my face) thats at the normal desi stores...? or is there a specific one to buy.?
                    thanks x

Comment

Originally posted by Maham S View Post
                      OK i dont know whats the english of this but ya somebody recommended me this to be used as a scrub on my body...cuz i go in deep pain while waxing n she said this would help make nt only the hair less but also tighten the skin as acc to her i have lil too soft skin hence it hurts me more?!

Any idea if its of any help?

so she asked you to do the ALUM ritual BEFORE getting waxed or AFTER?
                      - Raaaaaaaaaaaaabert iss kuttay ko microprocessor may daal do ! Bit by bit mar jaye ga saala!

Comment

Originally posted by aali.m View Post
                        hmm might try that out, where is it available to buy..? also Gina I wanted to ask you - Can u use the Rose Water (for my face) thats at the normal desi stores...? or is there a specific one to buy.?
                        thanks x

U shud be able to buy it at u're local grocery store.. any store brand rosewater is good aali, go ahead buy urself one!

Comment

I heard Alum makes your skin darker over long-term use..... anyone knows about that?
                          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by farrah View Post
                            so she asked you to do the ALUM ritual BEFORE getting waxed or AFTER?
                            She just said use it generally didnt mention if it wud make any diff using b4 or after waxing.

Comment

It tightens the pores, if u apply it before u'd have problems with waxing..it's best to apply it after u're done waxing.

Comment

Working...
                              X