swimming and hair /complexion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swimming and hair /complexion

hey guys any suggestions on how to avoid damage to hair due to the chlorine in pools; ive read somewhere that washing ur hair with a clarifiying shampoo to get the chlorine out and then deep conditioning it helps; i was thinking how about oiling it well beforehand too to repel the water????

also, is the chlorine in pools harmful for the complexion? anyone has any stories to tell? is there any product to apply to the face for protection? (its a covered pool so no UV ray problem....)

i used to swim everyday in pakistan where they had an open swimming pool for women...because of the sunlight and the chlorine my skin got burned and my hair turned really light (and dry) i wear a cap everytime i go swimming now.
    i only go occasionally so im not sure how damaging it is to the skin. just make sure right after swimming you wash your hair and skin extensively to remove traces of chlorine and use a good moisturizer on the skin.
    "Are you Laiiiiike .....Chaaicking me Aoout?"

Comment

Coat u're hair with a leave in conditioner and when u wash u're hair use a clarifying shampoo! Pantene's Oil Replacement works very well for me..
      ..all you need is trust and a little bit of pixie dust!

Comment

Re: swimming and hair /complexion

wear a swimming cap & use Anday walla Oil...
        Ewwwwwwwwwwwww

Comment

I swim everyday - or try to at least.

I wear a swim cap. My skin has no issue with chroline. But if you are swimming outdoors - do wear a water proof sun block (Aveeno, neutragena, anything would do)

For chroline build up - you can use the aveda Scalp Benefits Balancing Shampoo - but not more than 2-3 times a week - it dries your hair out.
          A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Comment

Always wear a cap!

Comment

Working...
            X