Islamic Fashion Festival!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islamic Fashion Festival!!!

It's really cute and makes me think maybe i should do somethng like that myself...hmmm

Let me know how you guys like these;

A model showcases a creation with theme "The Journey" by Indonesian designer Ronald Ghagana during the opening of the Islamic Fashion Festival in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. For many, Islamic fashion might seem synonymous with strait-laced garments that leave everything to the imagination, but some Asian designers are trying to equip modern Muslim women with a wardrobe that obeys both sartorial trends and spiritual dictates.

Re: Islamic Fashion Festival!!!

I like the flowers and the lace in front of the hijab - very pretty
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Comment

do you have more pics...
      I'm quite illiterate, but I read a lot.

Comment

i wish we have more designer work for gals like us who wear hijab but still wear something that is in fashion.....

i always have a hard time ............. specially in summer..... though i love summer but with pardah and coat i always wish its winter....

Maham do u have any suggestions???
        i wear scarf and some kind of knee long coat is must.....
        in summer i also wear skirts and its really comfortable but i dont feel i am doing a proper pardah....

when i wear jeans/dress pants i have to wear a coat on top of shirt which makes it so hard to survive in summer
        ๋● ღBefore anyone else can love or respect you, you must love and respect yourself. ღ ๋●

Comment

Jilbabs or Abayas! Alhumdulilah, you always feel like you're properly covered and they have SUCH beautiful abayas nowadays it doesn't even feel "too covering" or "unstylish" etc. etc. as some people say.

=]
          Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, but wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by chandnix0x0 View Post
            Jilbabs or Abayas! Alhumdulilah, you always feel like you're properly covered and they have SUCH beautiful abayas nowadays it doesn't even feel "too covering" or "unstylish" etc. etc. as some people say.

=]
            i agree

zilentzpring- i wl give u a detailed reply 2morow as i am not too well today to actually give u reference too along with the idea (which wud be helpful for u) .

Comment

Originally posted by zilentzpring View Post
              i wish we have more designer work for gals like us who wear hijab but still wear something that is in fashion.....

i always have a hard time ............. specially in summer..... though i love summer but with pardah and coat i always wish its winter....

Maham do u have any suggestions???
              i wear scarf and some kind of knee long coat is must.....
              in summer i also wear skirts and its really comfortable but i dont feel i am doing a proper pardah....

when i wear jeans/dress pants i have to wear a coat on top of shirt which makes it so hard to survive in summer
              same here... its very hard

Comment

plz plz plz plz plz let this topic stay on topic..... :halo:
                The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Check this girls, it might give you some good ideas!

Hijab Style: outfits

Comment

Originally posted by Sara516 View Post
                    plz plz plz plz plz let this topic stay on topic..... :halo:
                    i think they are very much on the topic...since there r no more pix or article on this topic i guess we can very well use this for the purpose they want...no harm AT ALL....

Comment

^ main aap ki thread ke liya dua kar rahi hoon...whenever the topic of "Islam" and fashion comes up..well anywhere...huge arguments/debate/fights begin. im just hoping ur thread doesn't go that way
                      The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

^ lol, oh i know get what u probably meant. Hopefully it wont get into all these debates

Comment

pretty stuff!
                          I love the first one. I think its an awesome idea to have an islamic fashion festival.

Maham I believe you said you were a designer. You should totally design clothing according to the islamic guidelines, I'd buy it from you. It'd be such a blessing for the likes of moi

Comment

Originally posted by pyazi View Post
                            pretty stuff!
                            I love the first one. I think its an awesome idea to have an islamic fashion festival.

Maham I believe you said you were a designer. You should totally design clothing according to the islamic guidelines, I'd buy it from you. It'd be such a blessing for the likes of moi
                            i agree...i think it was a fantastic idea to have an islamic fashion festival...

As for me being a designer, well that i am but not a fashion designer but a textile designer. Which basically means that my job is to take care of the surfaces (the designing, colors, pattern, embellishments, etc) and than the fashion designer is responsible majorly for the cuts. But you can say i am half a fashion designer too cuz of my keen interest in fashion designing but hopefully soon i will be able to take few course in fashion and than maybe open up my own boutqiue or something....*fingers crossed*. I will definately let you know . Thanx.

Comment

All this ISLAMIC HIJABI FASHION.. doesn't this go against the spirit of being MODEST ?? I thought that's what hijabis were about MODESTY
                              now they want to flaunt fashion?
                              hypocrazy?
                              I guess people realize the retardedness of religion subconsciously but don't want to accept it... just find ways around it... just like the guys who indulge in ciggs ganja and charas but won't touch alcohol hahahha

Comment

Working...
                              X