Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All about Extensions

So who here has extensions??

I got mine this weekend, they cost $300, 20inches human hair which, i can color, straighten, curl, blowdry them.

Had to get mine colored twice to match the rainbow color hair I have.

Those who have extensions, how do you wear 'em?? I wanto wear mine in a ponytail but its so heavy

Re: All about Extensions

Ive always been scared of extensions...do they damage your hair? How do they attach it?
    Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

I got clip extensions they are 18 or 20 inch long. I usually let my hair out when I wear them. I bought them from my makeup artist on my wedding and had them on, on my mehndi. You can style them however you want. I find it impssible to blow dry because they are so long and if you pull on the clips too hard they come off your hair. I don't wear them very often....only if I am going to a wedding or something. I ll post a pic with and w/o extensions =)

Comment

Comment

It looks very nice and natural, PSB..So, how do you put them on? Do you clip them or what? Are they washable?
          So verily, with the hardship, there is relief. Verily, with the hardship, there is relief. (Surat Insyirah 5-6)

Comment

pyari thats the one I have too, i got 20 inches.

If i wear them at the crown they dont look too long but give lots of volume but if i wear them a little bit down around eyebrow length than they add length.

I was scared of the clips coming off to at first but all day yesterday I went around asking ppl to tug at my hair but they didnt even budge.

The place I got them from gave me a mini course on how to put them on and I was told that if you tease the section of hair where you are going to put the clips in then they will stay in regardless.

Comment

Aaaah...so these are clips! I thought they were glued on or something...lol.

I know, I just had a blonde moment.

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

^ i thot they were sewn on

How long will they last? I'd get them but be afraid of the end result, i've heard it leaves the rest of your hair in worse condition plus lots of bald spots.......
                The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

That is just too much work!!! And what if your hair gets caught on to something, i mean you never know, with my luck ohhh godd!!!

Comment

I have in the past, the permanent ones made from real hair. I loved the way they looked, no one could tell it wasn't my own hair, but the maintenance and cost was far too much for me to make it a long term thing.

Comment

No, not the permanent ones, they are clip ons, One piece.

I did a lot of research on permanent and clip ons and the permanent ones just didnt catch my fancy. They are too expensive to begin with than you have to get them put in professionally with either glue or metal clips and then you have to go back in every six months to get them removed and put them in again.

With clips ons you can take 'em off put them in, wash 'em, straighten, curl whatever.
                      Heres how mine look

Last edited by Adrasteia; Dec 12, 2008, 09:18 AM.

Comment

i didnt think us desis used hair extensions..hmm

and $300 danggg woman you already do have pretty hair!
                        KuCh IsTaRah ..Teri PaLkiEN..mEri PalkON se miLaDeY..AnsooO TeRe sAREy MeRi PALkoN pE sAjAdEY

Comment

adrasteia they look awesome! Is that you in the pic?
                          "A woman should be two things: Classy and Fabulous"

-Coco Chanel

Comment

Yes Desi Beauti thats me

Aanaa lol yes 300 is a lot but they are worth it

Comment

tooba tooba...
                              Ewwwwwwwwwwwww

Comment

Working...