Makeup Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makeup Products

I have never bought makeup from the branded makeup places like MAC , Estee Lauder, etc. I stick with drugstore products. Lately, I was on a group on facebook regarding makeup and browsed through different pictures. It seems like branded makeup does its job well. The products I use are not pigmented enough so they dont make an impact.

What are the best makeup brands out there for someone like me. I wouldnt like to spend too much if possible.

Re: Makeup Products

I love love love MAC everything. Estee Lauder shadows have nice pigments too. If you wouldnt like to spend too much, for eye shadows have you tried ULTA brand and the HIP duo (by Loreal or is it Maybelline?). They are decently pigmented for the price.

If you have an outlet mall nearby with the Cosmetic Company store in there, they have a lot of brand name makeup on decent prices.
    I love children and old people. Its everyone in between I can't stand - Don Imus

Comment

Eye shadows by HIP duo work really well. LOVE THEIR SHADES!

I bought 3 of them for a family wedding and they work as well as MAC ones
      A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Comment

drugstore brands or less expensive brands have good make up too..and their colours r nicley pigmented as far as i know..u need to know how to put on make up and wht colours to use .every brand has their own different colours....and remember u cant find bold colours in every single expensive brand.....

i have seen soooo many beauticians in pk and their party/bridal make up....i dont think they use branded make up..infact most of them use local made stuff and the results r still pretty good...

btw i love mac studio tec
        ***Behekti Chokri***

Comment

Bourjois has really nice eyeshadows.. and so does Revlon.
          ..all you need is trust and a little bit of pixie dust!

Comment

victoria secret.
            I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

The products I use are not pigmented enough so they dont make an impact.
              Using a primer does help to enhance the colours and make them more vibrant and longer lasting

Comment

^i agree, just invest in a good eyeshadow primer such as Urban Decay primer potion. It will make a big difference!!

Comment

can someone guide me about how to use cream eyeshadows...i use them with eyeshadow brush but they make a crease on my lid after sometime and if i powder my lids and then apply the cream eyeshadow then the look is not that stunning and sharp,,...i bought mine from mikyajy...and the applicator which comes with it doesnt work well

Comment

^ Use u're fingertips! Creamy eyeshadows wont adhere to a powder shadow brush..
                    ..all you need is trust and a little bit of pixie dust!

Comment

Gina, I am thinking of getting new eye shadows.. I am thinking of this

Bourjois Paris | UK SITE

I tried and liked "Or Extensible" its more gold than it looks in the pic. Didnt like the green and the blue.

which colour would u recommend for brown eyes ?

Comment

^Saadia, I think green shadow looks good on almost everyone or maybe more on people with yellow undertone but I don't like the one on that page. Gold one looks nice, I think you should maybe try using a cream shadow base before applying green one. You might like it!

Comment

njgal, i LOVE loreal's HIP duo's too! they are awesome- so far i have the teal and navy blue, and the green and brown one. seriously the coolest. i do the navy on my lid and line my under eye with the teal- such an electric pop of color.
                          i am waiting for the brown and gold one to show up.
                          oh, and i also bought this amazing silver shadow from Rimmel- its really very, very nice. it can go on sheer or full strength.
                          Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.
                          - Nehru

Comment

man this thread is going to kill me =/
                            The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Originally posted by somegroovychick View Post
                              njgal, i LOVE loreal's HIP duo's too! they are awesome- so far i have the teal and navy blue, and the green and brown one. seriously the coolest. i do the navy on my lid and line my under eye with the teal- such an electric pop of color.
                              i am waiting for the brown and gold one to show up.
                              oh, and i also bought this amazing silver shadow from Rimmel- its really very, very nice. it can go on sheer or full strength.
                              A stupid question but how are we suppose to use the duo's colour ? both of them the same time and if yes which colour comes where ???

Comment

Working...
                              X