Men's Wedding Wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men's Wedding Wear

please post some examples of extravagant attire for desi dulhas.....

Re: Men's Bridal Attire

sorry i dont know how to post pictures in here but a while back i found an
    amazing website www.diwansaheb.com
    One day I woke up and found myself famous....

Comment

^nice site!
      I love this color for saris and salwars but if a man wears it would it look good with all the zari on it. When will a man ever wear something like this again. I personally would love it if my man would wear this during a very very special occasion but most men just wear boring shirt and pant for special occasions.

Comment

Love the clothes that site, really nice work on the outfits =)
        Give Credit Where Its Due

Comment

Originally posted by Mallika
          ^nice site!
          I love this color for saris and salwars but if a man wears it would it look good with all the zari on it. When will a man ever wear something like this again. I personally would love it if my man would wear this during a very very special occasion but most men just wear boring shirt and pant for special occasions.

thas coz men are more practical
          For wedding day/baraat, it wouldn't hurt to go all out and wear a sherwani and topee/pagree The only time something that elaborate and heavy kaam is ever appropriate is onyour own wedding. otherwise, a simple sherwani/kurta or suit, depending on how close u r to the bride and groom
          The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mallika
            ^nice site!
            wat the hell! did tht guy get tht sherwani sewn frm his mum's old saree! lol....just a bit tooo effeminate there! the colours are minging- but the sherwani itself is aight!...
            PakiBoy
            'Put aside your pride, Set down your arrogance, And remember your grave'-
            Ali Ibn Abu Talib (radiAllahu anhu)

Comment

@ mums saree!
              *Kya us manzil tak.... pohanchun gi kabhi...*

Sometimes our vision clears only after our eyes are washed away with tears.

Comment

I also think its cute when the bride and groom match, just a tad bit (like if she wears a pink jora, and he wears a pink tie).

I like this:
                Online Mens Clothing, Men Ethnic Wear, Indian Designer Wear, Italian Mens Suits : Diwan Saheb India

This is so cute!

this is a classic:

Last edited by mahismart; Jan 5, 2010, 07:16 PM.
                The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

^^ NOW tht one looks smart...i cud go for tht....but my missus wud have to wear a grey-ish lengha!...LOL...she'd have to match me and not me matching her, as was the case of the lavender sherwani! LOL!
                  PakiBoy
                  'Put aside your pride, Set down your arrogance, And remember your grave'-
                  Ali Ibn Abu Talib (radiAllahu anhu)

Comment

lol.. i dunno abt greyish black lenghas
                    I think that if you go all out on wedding day, u dont have to match. besides, most stuff for guys are in classic colors like black or gold or white or off white.
                    Its probably easier to match on the valima, when guys mostly wear suit and tie.

Comment

Okay....I asbolutely love this one:

Just remove that checked, gawd-awful scarf, please.

And I have a sari that is greyish....more like steel grey with black and a hint of gold embroidery. It's one of my most favourite saris cuz it's so gorgeous. If the work on it was heavier, I could see a bridal lehnga made out of it.....

And is this all we can come up with?
                      I once saw a red kamkhaab/jamawar sherwani.......now I have to find it.

Comment

i like this:

for myself...hehe....

what guy would wear that on???
                        "Seek Allah's help with patient perseverance and prayer. It is indeed hard except for those who are humble." (2:45)

Comment

Junoon se Aur Ishq se Milti hai Aazaadi

Comment

I like all of'em...specially the white one with red scarf!

Comment

OK, I normally don't have opinions when it comes to desi fashions, however, in March this year, my brother got married and the two of us bought our first ever sherwanis in Toronto. Here's the problem, an overwhelming majority of Sherwanis out there, in stores and on the Internet, are Indian Sherwanis. The difference is that in a Pakistani Sherwani, the shalwar is a real shalwar with 'gher', you know the poofy looking shalwar.

In Indian Sherwanis, the shalwar is the 'choodi daar pajaama' which is not poofy at all, very fitted and in my opinion looks very gay. Secondly, in Indian sherwanis, the 'jacket' comes down to your shins, way past the knee and that looks very weird. A classic Pakistani sherwani looks MUCH better, the 'jacket' only comes down to the knee which looks better. Also, in my opinion, the Indian sherwanis have too much 'kaam' on them, a sherwani is for men and men's clothes shouldn't be overly ornate, it's the bride's day, she should have the ornate clothes.

Here are the pictures, my brother and his bride, and myself and my bride.

Comment

Working...
                              X