my new dress..yay !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my new dress..yay !!

I have just got it back from the tailor. I will be wearng it for my SIL's baraat. I am in a dilemma about the trouser..should it be off white or deep voilet jamaver (which is used for the pipings on the shirt) ?.. i had got a dupatta dyed with magenta borders and got jamaver piping done on all 4 sides and i hit this nice jamaver resham shawl which had EXACTLY the same colours..does it look nice or should i stick to the dupatta.. and hijabans..what coloured scarf should i get with it? off white doesnt suit me..

suggestions/comments ?
    "This world (i.e., its pleasures and duration) in comparison with the Hereafter is (similar to the amount of water) one gets when he puts his finger in the sea. Let him then see what it returns with".[Muslim].

Re: my new dress..yay !!

one word: GORGEOUS! the shawl really matches beautifully with the shirt... so go for it. definitely make your trouser off white (like the color on ur shirt) we cant have too much of color going on in the dress.
    and yeah, i think the color (purple shade piping) will not b a gud choice for trouser.

Comment

Is the kameewz quite long? If it is why don't you have the deep violet jamavar made into a chooridar pyjama or full length capri style trousers?

Whatever you decide to have done, I think purple would look nice for the bottom part. Unless it is a khulli shalwar, in which it might look odd.

The shawl looks very nice. What does the duppata look like by the way?Could we see what it looks like?

Hijab- I will come back to that after you let us know what colour you do decide for the trouser

Comment

gorgeous, i would go with off white trouser

Comment

ooooo how pretty!

Comment

Wow its stunning girl, yes i would go with white trouser!

Comment

thanks all yes the shirt is a long one..46 inches (i am 5.7) .. churidar is a good idea but i am wearing one on mehndi with anarkali style dress.. and i have a shalwar qameez suit for the walima.
              "This world (i.e., its pleasures and duration) in comparison with the Hereafter is (similar to the amount of water) one gets when he puts his finger in the sea. Let him then see what it returns with".[Muslim].

Comment

Nice! For shalwar, go for same colour as shirt. For hijab, since you cant do off-white you said, then the same colour of the workstrip down the middle, with off-white piping or if you can get one dyed, then maybe both offwhite and that pinkish shade, like swirls you know

Comment

beautiful!
                  Blessed, happy, and content. Alhumdulillah.
                  :)

Comment

i have been taking out my very old suits cose they have long long shirts///

they are kinda in ..but with very skinny pants

Comment

very pretty!!!!
                      ~*~*~Hum Kisi Ka Bhi Dil Torr De
                      Kisko Aadhe Raste Mein Chorr De
                      To Usko Bhi Duniya Kehti Hai Ada~*~*~

Comment

since the shawl matches so perfectly, i would use the shawl as a duppatta and use the duppatta as a hijab instead. if the material is light enough and you fold it correctly when you wear it it should look really nice, especially since its already made to match and had the piping in it

Comment

Lovely! I love the attention to detail --

I'd rock it with capri's
                          I have OCD: Obsessive Cullens Disorder
                          Bite Me! -- Please
                          I like running with scissors...makes me feel dangerous

Comment

Beautiful Beautiful dress!!! The pants should be pink for sure! The off white is gonna make it look more party dress than weddingy, the pink is gonna make it stand out more.
                            Last edited by kapracrazy; Nov 26, 2008, 03:24 PM.

Comment

WOW!
                              Beautiful outfil mashallah!
                              Id defo go with off white trousers and perhaps the pinky colour for your hijab....
                              LOVE ur outfit though!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X