Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foundation Awards!

1.) Best Foundation Stick: Bobbi Brown

Foundation sticks are great for covering blotchy skin and were made for women on the run who need a quick fix. They provide on-the-spot coverage in a flash and there's no better product than Bobbi Brown. Make sure you blend in product after applying.

2.) Best Pricey Foundation: Chanel

Flawless. Chanel products go on smooth and aren't drying (but they also don't add oil to your already oily skin). A plus is most come with an SPF of at least 15 -- a big bonus in moisturizers. We suggest trying out the different versions at the Chanel counter.

3.) Best Inexpensive Foundation: Revlon ColorStay

If you're going to spend money on beauty products, we usually suggest saving it up for a good foundation. But this inexpensive product is worth a try. If you have oily skin, you might want to skip this product, however. Best for women with dry skin.

4.) Best Pricey Foundation Powder: Laura mercier

Powder foundation tends to be more matte than sheer or satin, so it's great for women with oily skin. This product blends well & has great staying power throughout the day mainly because it comes in powder form, which is great for bringing along in your purse.

5.) Best affordable foundation powder: MAC Studio Fix

We've used this powder foundation for years. The trick is to find the right shade. MAC Studio Fix is perfect for women with oily skin who want to minimize the appearance of large pores. Keep in mind you might need different shades for the different seasons of the year -- you're usually a bit darker in summer.

6.) Best Foundation with SPF: Philosophy 'The Supernatural'

This foundation is one of the best rated and most popular on Drugstore.com. We gave it a whirl and loved how light it went on without being greasy in our t-zone spots. No wonder this foundation is much-beloved. Plus, we love that it is SPF 15.

7.) Best Tinted Moisturizer: Clarins Hydra-Care

Clarins consistently impresses. You'll find these light, tinted moisturizers offer great coverage without feeling heavy. And there's no better tanning product out there than Clarins. Here, you'll get the moisturizer and the tan without the need for a heavy foundation.

8.) Best Cream Foundation: Cover Girl Aquasmooth

Cream foundations offer the best of both worlds to women with dry, flaky skin: Total coverage and rich moisturizers.

9.) Best Liquid Foundation for Dark Skin: Iman Second to None

Iman is not only a famous model, she's also the creator of some of the best makeup for dark-skinned women. Her foundation comes in a variety of shades, contains 8 SPF, and it goes on with a semi-matte finish.

10.) Best Cream-to-Powder Foundation: Vincent Longo Water Canvas.

This base delivers a great matte, even finish. You'll find it lighter than the creams so it's perfect for women with normal to oily skin. But a warning: This foundation can show off your dry skin and blemishes. You'll want to apply it with a sponge.
    ..all you need is trust and a little bit of pixie dust!

Re: Foundation Awards!

i think i might have to go out and buy the bobbie brown foundation stick and see what all the fuss is about....

Comment

Gina where can the bobbie brown stick be purchased at. I live in Toronto do u know if theres a store here that sells it? like the bay or Sephora?

Comment

ummmmm i think Gina really likes bobby brown alot! but it sounds really pricey... so i m scared to even think abt it! how much wud the bobby brown foundation cost me G??

Comment

^ These were published in a magazine mall, yes I am a fan as well. Dhs. 180 I blv..

Comment

Okay but who tests and declares that they are the best??

I have tried most expensive and drug store brands and happily settled wtih Napoleon's Water based Minimal Makeup.

Its expensive though, the only one thing I refuse to give up, a bottle is $60 but lasts for around 9 months.

Comment

I swear by Chanel...it's freakin awesome for oily and acne-prone skin. It looks sooo natural once it settles in.
              Gina, thanks for the recommendations on powder...I was looking for one :-)

Comment

Regular people were handed un-labeled samples for various skin-types =) including the most expensive as well as drug-store ones.

Amongst YSL, Lancome, Chanel, Helena Rub, Givenchy, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Iman as the most expensive ones and Almay, Revlon, Cover Girl, Maybelline for the affordable brands.

Comment

Originally posted by naqsa View Post
                  I swear by Chanel...it's freakin awesome for oily and acne-prone skin. It looks sooo natural once it settles in.
                  Gina, thanks for the recommendations on powder...I was looking for one :-)

I TOTALLY agree with u! it works wonders on one's face

Comment

I recently purchased Makeup Forever HD Foundation and it goes on flawlessly. However, now Ive got to thinking if I did the right thing if Bobbi Brown is getting awards for foundation!!!

Gina, do you know much about MUFE? Is it comparable to Chanel or Bobbi Brown? I bought it at Sephora.
                    Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

^ No PS don't get it Dubai perhaps that's why =( I liked a concealer at The Makeup Factory.. I have to update my makeup soon.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick123 View Post
                        Gina where can the bobbie brown stick be purchased at. I live in Toronto do u know if theres a store here that sells it? like the bay or Sephora?
                        Maverick, Holts (Holt Renfrew) got bobby brown stuff. Holts got three locations in GTA.
                        main nay apnay iradoon ke shikasat say khuda ko pehchana hai (hazrat Ali)

Comment

1.) Best Foundation Stick: Bobbi Brown

Foundation sticks are great for covering blotchy skin and were made for women on the run who need a quick fix. They provide on-the-spot coverage in a flash and there's no better product than Bobbi Brown. Make sure you blend in product after applying.
                          I think I'll try that next....but where can I find it, have heard so much about the Bobbi Brown foundation stick and their eye shadow pots but have never seen them anywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by adrasteia View Post
                            Okay but who tests and declares that they are the best??

I have tried most expensive and drug store brands and happily settled wtih Napoleon's Water based Minimal Makeup.

Its expensive though, the only one thing I refuse to give up, a bottle is $60 but lasts for around 9 months.

Yikes... Sephora had a sale on their Napolean cosmetics, for 50% off, so I think tehir foundation was around 25-30....
                            The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

I need to see Napolean cosmetics now...Napolean himself is scary looking (saw him do a shoot for australia's next top model)

Comment

Working...
                              X