X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expensive addictons

that you have had to say goodbye to due to rising costs

I swapped $30 Shampoo or a $5 one

And Using Olive Oil as a body moisturizer instead of BodyButters from BodyShop

Re: Expensive addictons

I haven't so far but I need to now after a lesson learning incident at Sephora- Last month, I went there with my devar because I just wanted to 'look around' and whaddaya know.. I ended up buying so much stuff that when I went to the counter, the girl looked up my beauty-insider points and told me I had scored a present based on the thousands of points that had accumulated on my account in just 2 months My bil couldn't stop laughing, he was feeling oh so amused at his brother's future bills
    So yeah, time to cut down on all of it.. I am going to start by avoiding trips to Sephora!
    Blessed, happy, and content. Alhumdulillah.
    :)

Comment

Sephora is to us what a bar is to alcohlics...
      The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Sephora is a DANGEROUS place to be! Everytime I go in there, I spend AT LEAST $150 easily! I mean, its like being a kid in a candy store...so horrible.

My most expensive addiction is Amore Pacific Skincare.

I guess my addiction could be Sephora as well...lol
        Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

Thank God we dont have Sephora down here :halo:

Do you guys hunt for Bargains, I bought Maybelline's Shadow stylists in 3 shades and the 3 together cost me what one would cost me if i'd buy it from a Maybelline Counter in a Dept Store.

Comment

Perfumes...i luv them and i have a huge collection already but i keep adding to it even though i have more than enough to last for atleast two years. And mostly i end up liking the most expensive perfume in the shop

Also, i dont know if this is an addiction or more of a mind thingy but i do spend alot of personal care things like the products i use. And even getting threading, waxing done cuz though there are places which offer these services for 1/5th of what i have to pay at a better salon but i have an issue about getting it done from those not very proper salon lookin places...hmm i guess its hard to explain but like my frnd, colleague got hers done from a nearby place and she was like come on its just threading get it done but i cudnt do it though i was tempted cuz i really needed to get my threading done as cudnt go to this other place cuz of busy schedule....but in the end i prefered to look like a churail for another day instead of going for that place. But i am not sure if its addiction!?!.

Comment

Originally posted by adrasteia View Post
              Do you guys hunt for Bargains, I bought Maybelline's Shadow stylists in 3 shades and the 3 together cost me what one would cost me if i'd buy it from a Maybelline Counter in a Dept Store.
              Well i would like such bargains but i would also wonder why is the other place selling it for less and that would make me think alot (cuz its not at their own counter) and i would probably end up buying 1 instead of 3 cuz atleast i wud know its the genuine product.

Comment

oooooooo! I never realised that I was addicted to shoes and handbags until i got married and strted working!!!! more than handbags, its the shoes i jsut cant resist. I havent spent a fortune on one pair or anything. whatever catches my eye, i buy it. but the most expensive thing i ever bought was a shirt from 'promod' for 220 dhs! that was v expensive for me!!!
                the only reason i end up spendin so much money on shoes and handbags is only cus i m a freak when it comes to matchin accessories and stuff with my clothes. the end result is beautiful so i dun care as long as i look fit!

Comment

Originally posted by adrasteia View Post
                  that you have had to say goodbye to due to rising costs

I swapped $30 Shampoo or a $5 one

And Using Olive Oil as a body moisturizer instead of BodyButters from BodyShop
                  awww! thaz so sad. from $30 u landed on $5!! i can imagine the pain

Comment

^ Yay, thats the spirit!!!

Comment

u talkin to me?

Comment

^ yup, i like it when people pamper and take care of theirself .

Comment

Eye makeup ruins my budget everytime! Thank yew Sephora, Areej, Paris Gallery, Saks Avenue!
                          ..all you need is trust and a little bit of pixie dust!

Comment

Normally a sensible person when it comes to these things, but perfumes and handbags are my weaknesses. I don't go for designer bags etc normally, just if i c a decent bag that looks really good, i feel the need to add it to my collection. But really am trying to stop.

And then the perfumes,which i don't feel so guilty about buying bcos I use them alot. But i have to stop that until i use up a good few bottles bcos i dont have run out of space on my little dressing table.
                            One must make a mark in this world, if I am remembered for anything, let it be cheese and crackers...

Comment

Originally posted by Maham S View Post
                              Perfumes...i luv them and i have a huge collection already but i keep adding to it even though i have more than enough to last for atleast two years. And mostly i end up liking the most expensive perfume in the shop

Could you please recommend some nice women perfumes ??

Thanks
                              Man can tolerate the thirst for one week, the hunger for two weeks, and being homeless for years, but he cant stand beingALONEeven for a second. Loneliness is the worst torture and the worst kind of pain.

Comment

Working...
                              X