Wedding planning checklist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedding planning checklist

I've pretty much been through all the threads on GS. Whenever I see a new idea, I just paste it into "shaadi.doc". So now I have this list, which I think covers every subject posted in the wedding forum. Tell me if I've missed anything.

Prewedding
    • Wedding ring
    • Invitations-style/wording/decide where to order from
    • Eat well/workout so you look radiant.
    • Skin treatments if needed.
    • Manicure/Pedicure
    • Dental cleaning
    • Gifts for in-laws
    • if it's your friend's wedding, practice a mehndi song for her. she'll be happy even if u jump around like a bandar.
    • Spanx
    • Lingerie aka 'nyt wearrr' on GS
    • Brazilian...
    • Decide if nikah separate or as part of the shaadi.
    • Imam for Nikah.
    • Non-ugly Pen for Nikah (lol)
    • Accomodation for Guests
    • Organize airport pickups/dropoffs
    • maybe..contraception

Mehndi Planning

• Guest List
    • Venue
    • Date
    • Mehndi Artists
    • Mehndi Theme (if any)
    • Menu/Caterer/Maybe Homecooked food?
    • Stage Decoration
    • Outfit
    • Shoes
    • Purse
    • Makeup (can be done by yourself for mehndi)
    • Hairstyle
    • Mithai
    • Photographer
    • Videographer
    • Thaals
    • Dholak
    • Song List on computer/CD
    • Printed lyrics in Roman Urdu if needed
    • extra: jhula
    • extra: paranda

Wedding

• Guest List
    • Bridal Lengha-color/style/designer
    • Shoes
    • Purse
    • Jewellery
    • Makeup Artist
    • Hair-stylist/design/remember u have to wash it out at nite
    • Venue-hotel, field with tents, garden, big backyard, etc
    • Menu-does hotel allow outside food?/presentation: servers or buffet?
    • Wedding Cake
    • Wedding Table Decorations
    • Photographer
    • Videographer
    • Entrance Song (or bagpipes/flute/dhol)
    • Petals (sometimes thrown when bride enters)
    • Car or Limo to Hotel
    • Hotel
    • extra: dhol player
    • extra: wedding favors
    • extra: bhangra dancers
    • extra: DJ

Walima
    • Guest List
    • Walima outfit-color/style/designer
    • Shoes
    • Purse
    • Jewellery
    • Makeup Artist
    • Hairstylist
    • Venue
    • Menu
    • Stage
    • Table Decorations
    • Table Placecards
    • Photographer
    • Videographer
    • Getaway car

Not necessary but some extra functions people do.

• Dholki-idk what the diff is between this and mehndi..
    • Mayoun-when ppl put yellow stuff (ubtan) on your face.
    • Maklawa-Idk much about this; apparently it's a sleepover at the bride's house.
    • Honeymoon (destination/airfare/hotel/car/activities).

Another thing which is not really a function, but it's a good idea. If a lot of the guests are travelling from far away, you can host a very casual breakfast on the first floor of the hotel everyone is staying at. We went to a shaadi where they did this; everyone was in their American clothes getting ready for the airport, and it gave us a chance to all meet and say bye before leaving.

This better not become a thread about how marriages are so ostentatious and everyone needs to get married in a courthouse in their pajamas. pshhhh...some are...but people can pick and choose the elements they like.

Re: Wedding planning checklist

this is a really good list, i printed it out and will be using it to.
    I thght of hiring a wedding planner but thn gave up that thgt...where is the fun in that right?? so this type of list and a binder with everything else printed from gs will be so helpful
    thank u all

Comment

i would love to plan everything the way you guys are but unfortunately i have this thing where if things dont turn out my way i get really angry. I got engaged within two weeks and went completely BRIDEZILLA the second i stepped into the venue everything seemed so out of place. table decorations, all the things we had to give to the in-laws the stage ..you name it and i found something wrong (other then the food which was reallly good tht day). I hated it cause i had bothered everyone for weeks even after my engagment about how much i hated it, even till this day i refuse to wear anything i wore on my engagment days including jewlery....so imagine tht was just the engagment if i plan for the wedding and things dont go my way im going to regret for the rest of my life. thats why i prefer not to plan and let things go with the flow...maybe i wount be as annoyed as i was with my engagment. Obviously there are something you do plan on, im not saying im not gonna plan at all things like the venue will be decided by my parents and chacha , im just going to approve. Ill go to try the food. For my flowers, my friends going to do them i just gave her the colors and my dress has already been ordered.
      so lets see how thigns go . i dont wanna dream to big and then go crazy the night of my wedding. Inshallah everything will go well. those of you who get married before me pray for me !!!!
      ♥ Aisha

Comment

Originally posted by MiamisweetheartX View Post
        i would love to plan everything the way you guys are but unfortunately i have this thing where if things dont turn out my way i get really angry. I got engaged within two weeks and went completely BRIDEZILLA the second i stepped into the venue everything seemed so out of place. table decorations, all the things we had to give to the in-laws the stage ..you name it and i found something wrong (other then the food which was reallly good tht day). I hated it cause i had bothered everyone for weeks even after my engagment about how much i hated it, even till this day i refuse to wear anything i wore on my engagment days including jewlery....so imagine tht was just the engagment if i plan for the wedding and things dont go my way im going to regret for the rest of my life. thats why i prefer not to plan and let things go with the flow...maybe i wount be as annoyed as i was with my engagment. Obviously there are something you do plan on, im not saying im not gonna plan at all things like the venue will be decided by my parents and chacha , im just going to approve. Ill go to try the food. For my flowers, my friends going to do them i just gave her the colors and my dress has already been ordered.
        so lets see how thigns go . i dont wanna dream to big and then go crazy the night of my wedding. Inshallah everything will go well. those of you who get married before me pray for me !!!!
        WOW, i thgh i would be like you too...but i got really lucky cuz one of my cousin in lahore is just like me (at least in planning) and she made sure everything was just perfect at the venue...and now i call her from here almost once a week and talk abt all the new decoration ideas and stuff we have and which once we can use for my wedding and thn hers.

Comment

thats a great list!
          Blessed, happy, and content. Alhumdulillah.
          :)

Comment

^I second that

Comment

Prewedding:

Facials
              Massage
              Oil hair
              Ubtan treatments

Wedding:
              Wedding Night Bag
              Conditioner to wash that hairdo lol

Comment

Top list - most comprehensive & helpful

Comment

Dont forget a nail polish remover, contact lens case, face cream, hairbrush.. and makeup cleanser/wipes!
                  ..all you need is trust and a little bit of pixie dust!

Comment

^^oh yeah!! for the hair detangling--gina...u hd mentioned it coems out with only conditioner right???????

Comment

^ Apply conditioner to damp hair..so u don't tug and pull-out too much! And work out all the back-combing using a wide-tooth comb!

Comment

I used a wide tooth comb for my hair after my wedding. I did not wet my hair or use anything in it because wetting hair makes the tangled hair to fall even more. You can use a bit of oil instead of conditioner. The comb worked perfectly and once my hair was detangled, I washed it like I normally do with shampoo and conditioner. I would have oiled it too (which I did the next day) if I had the time but our reception was in the afternoon so couldn't.
                        Blessed, happy, and content. Alhumdulillah.
                        :)

Comment

^^ thnxxx guys!

Comment

It's best to try on u're dresses and check for "lastick" and hooks etc..I get brides that have had problems in the past (lol)

Make sure u have a lipstick and tissues and even a mini-perfume in ure bag.

Remember to apply perfume BEFORE wearing u're clothes so u dont stain them.

Wear u're heels/shoes when u have slightly damp feet..this will stop u from slipping and prevent sores.

Carry cotton-wool in u're overnight bag as well as a nail file!

Comment

Wear u're heels/shoes when u have slightly damp feet..this will stop u from slipping and prevent sores.
                              Interesting, I never knew that! Gina you're so full of cool tips!!

Comment

Working...
                              X