jacket style dresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jacket style dresses

hey guys...am new here but hav been following the convos regularly...quite helpful when planning a shaadi esp!

needed to ask u guys some thing regd the new "jacket style" line that has been launched by bunto kazmi...how would it look if i wore it on a shirt, about knee high or longer shirt with mid calf long jacket and straight pants?

Last edited by rockon; Nov 18, 2008, 05:47 AM.

i have added 2 pics of jacket style dresses to my album...do take a look

Comment

Re: jacket style dresses

Its also called gown style in Pakistan.Its usually worn with a short shirt inside and alonger gown/jacket on the outside with either capri trousres or staright pants.

Comment

lol this is sooo random but priyanka's outfits in Drona were just like this, but the jacket was full length and the shirt underneath had slits in it so the trousers just stuck out a little when she walked.... looked really nice!

I can only find this pic but this is one of the best ones in the film

Comment

i love this style! its so elegant and chic- i'd wear something like this in a subtle shade to my work christmas party too!
          also, if you're preggo, the jacket style is awesome to wear something that is stylish and lovely without being tent'ish as a lot of maternity wear tends to be.
          Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.
          - Nehru

Comment

that's so true! it's really elegant and depending on the fabric/kaam its not very typical desi either so it would look good at a gora party!

Comment

This is exactly what i want for my brothers Walima
              once when i have my 25 posts i'll post some pictures too insha allah ..for you guys to see..what i have in mind...so that you all can comment and suggest

Comment

yeah...that was my 25th post woohoo

Comment

The look sooo good
                  The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

I love this one, especially the trousers. I have a pair of h and m trousers like that they are really in style where i live right now. this is such a cute one!! i need this

Comment

i hope yours are low rise, cos these high waisted ones aren't flattering on her, and she's a model! the colors, however, are stunning.

i have a question, would this look work with a slightly longer shirt and a churidar?
                      or should i stick to mid length shirt and pants?
                      Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.
                      - Nehru

Comment

Pants or rather capris would look better I think. Are you getting a camisole for underneath the coat?
                        Blessed, happy, and content. Alhumdulillah.
                        :)

Comment

i would do more of a longer shirt, i think than a cami- either just under my hips, or even longer like in the pic of the red bunto outfit above.
                          basically i want to combine this style with the HSY jacket with the ribbon tie in front- the ivory one? its posted around here somewhere. and i want it in the ivory/pale blue color combo that the bunto sari for her daughter in law is in.
                          - Nehru

Comment

^ I love that HSY one, the material makes it look so elegant and lush. Im not really feeling these ones, except for the red and orange Bunto one, except Id like for the pants to be tighter and shorter and the shirt a bit shorter as well

Comment

^^that would be so beautiful

do a cami under and have the jacket tie up in front with a ribbon rather than hanging open cuz that might be bit of a bother. and definitely do the long coat, that's what's in now.
                              Blessed, happy, and content. Alhumdulillah.
                              :)

Comment

Working...
                              X