Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nikah

Hello.
    When you have your Nikah done what does the molvi ask you to pray?

Re: Nikah

i think if ur a gal he just asks u kabool hai or nt ...n sign th epaper......if ur a guy i think he makes u read after him a few verses of quran or the kalma etc.....
    i may b wrong tho ....

Comment

i'm female, i'm pretty sure you have to pray the first 3 kalimah..what else?..i so am going to blank out and make a fool of myself.

Comment

Darling, he doesn't ask anything else then your consent in marriage three times, that it . Its up to you what ever you wanna pray for............In the dua, the molvi makes it himself after nikka. Mind you the girls consent and signature is taken first, then he asks the guy,and then makes the dua for happy marriage, life and understanding etc etc. The audience and bride and groom pray with him.

There is nothing else. And even if you pray something else at that time, why should you share it with anyone. Prayers are between you and God.

And you don't have to read any Quranic verses, the molvi does it himself.
        Last edited by fati123; Nov 16, 2008, 12:05 PM.

Comment

[quote=bookend;6145399]Hello.
          When you have your Nikah done what does the molvi ask you to pray?[/quote]

He tells you to pray :

Dear God! please make my photoshoot come out brilliant that my 75 k lehnga looks superb on my 25k makeup and 250k worth jewlery.

ps. Why all newbies post in this forum
          Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

i dont think the molvi even saw me, it was my father who came and asked for my permission and he did mention haq mehr and if it was okay...(it was kind of a funny moment)...
            Last edited by Sara516; Nov 16, 2008, 01:11 PM.
            The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

here's what happened at my nikkah- the Imam came to the room with my dad, and my two witnesses (uncles).. he explained to me the hadiths, etc related to Nikkah and asked the witnesses to ask me if I was whole heartedly getting married and not under any pressure. then he himself asked me three times and I said yes. right after, we all gathered in one room with my husband's family and mine, and that's where he asked my dad to read durood shareef and kalma and asked about accepting the marriage on my behalf (i was sitting next to him). then he turned to hubby and did the same again.

i have seen nikkahs happening differently though, ours was a bit changed because the Imam wanted both me and hubby present in one room.. he said in islam, it's a woman's right because women can be easily oppressed so she should be present when her father and husband-to-be are saying qubool hai.. while in our family, the girl doesn't see the guy until after. so we decided to do the 'witnessing' ceremony (asking for my consent) seperate and then together, where only dad and hubby spoke.
              Blessed, happy, and content. Alhumdulillah.
              :)

Comment

I dunt know why you ppl get your knickers in a twisst ...*sorry to say it so bluntly*

For a Gurl.. she duntsay anything except Yes or a No .. or just makes a somesorta sign of approval or stays quiet ..meaning she accepts .. THATS IT !!!!!

For a Guy.. If the Guy dunt know anything what the Molwi tells him to read .. which is usually Imaan e Mufassil and the FiRST 3 KAlmahs.. and if he dunt know it then the molwi reads it and the GUY follows ..then his permission is asked ...and he has to say yes 3 times or a no once... once hes done .. the final Dua is made by the Molwi ..

Thas it!!!!
                "My dear heart never think you are better than others. Listen to their sorrows with compassion. If you want peace, don't harbour bad thoughts do not gossip and don't teach what you do not know." [Maulana Rumi]

Comment

I was asked if i accepted nikah with my husband under the decided haq meher. I think he asked me three times and that was it.
                  I love children and old people. Its everyone in between I can't stand - Don Imus

Comment

I think in a Shia one the girl does read something, I attended a friend's nikah but it was all in Arabic since they are arab so there was no translation like they do in desi ones, but both the Groom and the Bride read behind the 'Sheikh' I think in a Sunni Pakistani wedding I've never heard the girl do anything but agree to the match by saying Yes (or I do ) and signs someone does read the whole thing to the girl.

Comment

useful informaation for future chaloo ame say to training nahi lainee paray ghee

Comment

Originally posted by shay9164 View Post
                        here's what happened at my nikkah- the Imam came to the room with my dad, and my two witnesses (uncles).. he explained to me the hadiths, etc related to Nikkah and asked the witnesses to ask me if I was whole heartedly getting married and not under any pressure. then he himself asked me three times and I said yes. right after, we all gathered in one room with my husband's family and mine, and that's where he asked my dad to read durood shareef and kalma and asked about accepting the marriage on my behalf (i was sitting next to him). then he turned to hubby and did the same again.

i have seen nikkahs happening differently though, ours was a bit changed because the Imam wanted both me and hubby present in one room.. he said in islam, it's a woman's right because women can be easily oppressed so she should be present when her father and husband-to-be are saying qubool hai.. while in our family, the girl doesn't see the guy until after. so we decided to do the 'witnessing' ceremony (asking for my consent) seperate and then together, where only dad and hubby spoke.
                        thats how its in our families too.

Comment

Originally posted by fbi786 View Post
                          I dunt know why you ppl get your knickers in a twisst ...*sorry to say it so bluntly*

For a Gurl.. she duntsay anything except Yes or a No .. or just makes a somesorta sign of approval or stays quiet ..meaning she accepts .. THATS IT !!!!!

For a Guy.. If the Guy dunt know anything what the Molwi tells him to read .. which is usually Imaan e Mufassil and the FiRST 3 KAlmahs.. and if he dunt know it then the molwi reads it and the GUY follows ..then his permission is asked ...and he has to say yes 3 times or a no once... once hes done .. the final Dua is made by the Molwi ..

Thas it!!!!

Quite frankly, I don't know if you are a girl or a guy, neither do I care, but that's the stupid-est thing I have ever heard in my life.

If a girl makes 'some sort of a sign or stays quiet' does not mean she accepts. She also has to say kabool hai 3 times, atleast loudly so the witnesses and the molvi hear her... I don't know what kind of a religion you practice, cuz a girl remaining quiet during her nikkah isn't referred to as a 'yes' in Islam. And you don't need to be an expert on Islam to know that... sorry to say it so bluntly.
                          I purposely made this bright to annoy you.

Comment

i was there for my bf nikah, this was in San antnio Tx and no desi (urdu/hindi speaking) molvi was present in the town for the nikah...it took place in the only mosque that was in town and she actually had to repeat after the molvi almost everything in the paper work (in english of course) and thn say "I Do" three times...(she was sad that she didn't get to say "kabool hai")
                            bottom line is i thinks nikahs r done a little differently everywhere...but i have to agree with sumorani that u have to say the words not just give a sign.

Comment

Originally posted by sumorani View Post
                              Quite frankly, I don't know if you are a girl or a guy, neither do I care, but that's the stupid-est thing I have ever heard in my life.

If a girl makes 'some sort of a sign or stays quiet' does not mean she accepts. She also has to say kabool hai 3 times, atleast loudly so the witnesses and the molvi hear her... I don't know what kind of a religion you practice, cuz a girl remaining quiet during her nikkah isn't referred to as a 'yes' in Islam. And you don't need to be an expert on Islam to know that... sorry to say it so bluntly.

thats not tru actually ...cos it says in quran that the silence of the girl is also a yes.....

the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No previously-married woman (widow or divorcee) may be married until she has been asked about her wishes (i.e., she should state clearly her wishes), and no virgin should be married until her permission has been asked (i.e., until she has agreed either in words or by remaining silent).” They asked, “O Messenger of Allaah, how is her permission given (because she will feel very shy)?” He said: “By her silence.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 4741)

Comment

Working...
                              X