Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clueless about what to do with this!

Assalamu'alaykum everyone!
    Haven't opened up a thread here in ages, but I need your help!!

Here's the deal:
    I've bought this fabric because I was going gaga over the sparkly dots on it. Thought it looked kinda nice, but now I'm pretty clueless as to what to make out of it! I'm going to Pakistan next month, so I need ideas fast.

So please, help a sister out?

w'salam!
    The crap you hear about me might be true.. but then again it might be as fake as the beach who told you.

Re: Clueless about what to do with this!

i say get a peshwaz made out of it, with long sleeves(which are see through) get kaam done all over the chest and back and then have it slightly pleated from right under the kaam. also have kaam at the bottom of the peshwaz and at the end of the sleeves, make the kaam a random color like green or baby blue, and whatever the color of the kaam, make the dupetta the same color. so an all black peshwaz with a random color dupetta.

Comment

I'd make an anarkali out of it...with a black and silver fitted top and churidaar sleeves...and this can be the botton (flared) part of the anarkali...I'd make with it a churidaar of the same jamawar used for the top. And prolly a plain chiffon black dupatta with a "banarsi" patti...
      ..all you need is trust and a little bit of pixie dust!

Comment

i dont know what they are called but like what men wear those sharvaani types long shirts with the collers and long sleeves with churridar would look good

Comment

Something like this

Comment

saree
            The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

heyy ive got this, i dont know if urs r, but my dots are embroidered on
              my mum made mine, and did what she liked with it, and it looks really nice, and everyone who seen it likes it

the kameez is long with a band collar, churidar sleeves, and silvery jamavar churidar, the duppata came with it

Comment

i bought the same glittery fabric in black and i made a cowl-necked fitted shirt with pleats and zip paired with straight black pants and a flimsy black dupatta with it.
                "Are you Laiiiiike .....Chaaicking me Aoout?"

Comment

D840 Black Chiffon and Banarsi Jamawar Hand Embellished Dress Party Wear
                  ..all you need is trust and a little bit of pixie dust!

Comment

Thank you girls for the lovely ideas, I'm going to draw them out as soon as I get some time.
                    Really appreciate your help!

In the meanwhile, if you come with more ideas, please do share and keep 'em coming!

& oh.. some of you were mentioning churidaar sleeves, it's the same idea as the churidaar pijama right?
                    The crap you hear about me might be true.. but then again it might be as fake as the beach who told you.

Comment

Oye chimmy.. agar is kapre ka kuch bachega na.. toh mere liye kuch banwa lena..
                      ..Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.. ~IK~

Comment

^ PM me about it and don't flood this thread

Comment

U really need a pm..?? :halo:

Ok.. this time.. I wont flood..
                          ..Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.. ~IK~

Comment

something like this with red piping around....
                            ~~Be strong now, because things will get better.... it might be stormy now, but it can't rain forever...~~~

Comment

Originally posted by eastern11 View Post
                              Something like this
                              pretty
                              Blessed, happy, and content. Alhumdulillah.
                              :)

Comment

Working...
                              X