Doli for the bride's entrance - ba'raat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doli for the bride's entrance - ba'raat

ever been to a wedding where the bride entered/left in a dholi? i think its a really cute idea but ive never seen it at any of the weddings ive been to. what did it look like? who carried it? what did you think?

hmmm,so far,i have also not been to such a wedding..
    Success starts with beginning...

Comment

i think its such an adorable idea- i went to my friends wedding from my college and she doesnt have any brothers- but she was carried in the doli by our guy friends and there were three in front and three in back and i think it was soo adorable the only funny part was the doli is heavy wen the girl sits in it with her 1000 pound wedding dress so the guys walk like penguins and u see them struglle walking in with it haha lol but i think its realli cute

Comment

Originally posted by sali786 View Post
        i think its such an adorable idea- i went to my friends wedding from my college and she doesnt have any brothers- but she was carried in the doli by our guy friends and there were three in front and three in back and i think it was soo adorable the only funny part was the doli is heavy wen the girl sits in it with her 1000 pound wedding dress so the guys walk like penguins and u see them struglle walking in with it haha lol but i think its realli cute
        hmmmm,that sounds really cute and interesting...
        Success starts with beginning...

Comment

Re: dholi for the bride

All weddings in my family have brides leaving in a doli, it's a tradition.

I think it's less common nowadays because it's hard to cram a bridal lengha into a doli without crushing it and getting in and out of one is hard to do elegantly too.

Comment

I've only seen that happen in movies to be honest, never been to a real wedding where a doli is used.. seems cute.
            Courage is fear that has said its prayers :-)

Comment

I think its a very traditional idea, as in olden days when there were no cars, brides usually were carried in a doli.

Usually the brothers or cousins of the bride carry the doli.

Its a good idea for these days weddings, if you want people to talk about your wedding, being unique.

The doli is made of bamboos and wood. The inside of the doli is usually lined with foam and cushions. So its not uncomfortable with a net or a thin cloth for the curtains.

Here are some pics of dolis for ideas. You can put a modern touch to it by adding flowers.

Dolis are also good for mayoo or mehndis..

Comment

I've wanted to have the dholi on my wedding since i was a little I think it's so cute! A friend of mine went to this wedding, and the Dholi was totally matched with the bride's outfit! And her 4 brothers ( mash'Allah) carried her...awww
                Let's see who will carry me.. or if i even get the chance to sit in it.. :halo:

Comment

Originally posted by fati123 View Post

who is carrying her??? she seems to be in the air!!
                  but this style of doli is better!!! its easier to get in and out!!
                  "Love for All ---- Hatred for None!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by I*Gemini View Post
                    I've wanted to have the dholi on my wedding since i was a little I think it's so cute! A friend of mine went to this wedding, and the Dholi was totally matched with the bride's outfit! And her 4 brothers ( mash'Allah) carried her...awww
                    Let's see who will carry me.. or if i even get the chance to sit in it.. :halo:
                    LOL!..
                    ANkh ke andhe neeyat ke langre tera kanta hilta nehi petrol khatam hogya to phir yahan kya karne aya hai ? Petrol lehne ay hai .. ABhi to sirf tere petrol ki tanke down huyi hai mere mooh lagoge to sab kuch down kardongi samjhe ? .. Now get out from here !

Comment

i def want a dholi for my mehndi, like when i enter and maybe for my rukhsati too, that would look awesome...i just hope im not heavy and like the dholi falls or breaks haha

Comment

I really wanted one for my mehndi at least...but dint get one. oh well

at my brother' in laws wedding, the bride came in on a dholi (on the wedding day). it was sweet.
                        The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

My fiance loves the idea. I'm not too big on it -- in fact, I don't fancy it at all.
                          Anyway, I'm doing it for his sake and since he knows I like doings things differently, he has gotten me a Glass Doli for the wedding. Its quite wonderful, I admit. Nothing like the flowers and traditional type.
                          What goes around, will come right back around.....
                          ......And bite you in the ass.

Comment

ive been to a couple weddings that have dolis but i lyk the traditional american idea of the father giving the daughter away so im gonna have my dad walk me to my fiance. and besides i have 2 brothers and they are both so young.
                            cute but not for me.
                            ♥ Aisha

Comment

almost all the wedding i have been to had dolis. in pakistan and in dubai.
                              Heart in London. Mind in Lahore. Physically in Dubai. Loving it every millisecond.

Comment

Working...
                              X