X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's desi fashion coming to?!

[thumb=H]CL000709225121_3588038.JPG[/thumb]

Re: what's desi fashion coming to?!

This is quite old, good 8 years ago seen plenty of women and mundey dressed like that in Islamabad airport with mesh qemeze's.

Comment

u havnt been in this forum much have u?
      The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

looks nice
        There is no salvation for the soul, But to fall in Love.
        It has to creep and crawl, Among the Lovers first.

Imam Jallal-u-Din Rumi

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ranjhan, I dont think it must have been this obvious.

Did you get it from a Pakistani sight? I don't recognize the model.
              I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

^^ lol omg you can RECOGNIZE models! haha PCG you're like the Queen of fashion designer clothes

Umm, I'm not sure if the site is Paki...actually, I don't even remember the site address.

Comment

straight trousers wid short shirt..out of fashion here ...mostly shalwars r in
                  long live musharraf!..we still love u sir ..ur a survivor..!

Comment

It could be Indian then.

Pakistan only has a handful of models, that they keep using and using over again. Its hard to break into that group. You usually have to be very rich, and really tall. That limits the population right there since most Pakistanis are poor and short.

Comment

I don't know about short. When is the last time you went to Pakistan?
                      This is certainly not the case in Lahore and surrounding areas.
                      [ M ] - Awesome Wedding Photographer + Videographer in Canada

Comment

^ Actually Im considered "average" height over there...not too tall, not too tiny. And i'm 5'2"
                        The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

If it looks nice it looks nice
                          There is no salvation for the soul, But to fall in Love.
                          It has to creep and crawl, Among the Lovers first.

Imam Jallal-u-Din Rumi

Comment

PrinceMS - like I said, there is a minority of women in Pakistan with the typical height of supermodels. Even Amina Haq is shorter than average - I think she is definitely shorter than 5'5" although I don't know the exact measurement. She often says how she is shorter than the other girls, and how some other models are as well.

It doesn't gel well with an international audience to have models of that short height.

Now if you try hard to stop thinking of Pakistan = Lahore, you will see that the majority of people in Pakistan are short on average. The tall heights are concentrated in the north - North Punjab and NWFP. NWFP as you know has more of a conservative society, so pathan girls dont tend to model. And Punjab families are also conservative (not as pathans), so that limits the pool even more.

Add to the fact that the fashion industry is elite and very biased against anyone with a f'ing middle class salary, and that narrows the pool even further. Otherwise, there are plenty of girls who could go into modeling - they just don't have a flying rat's ass of a chance.

Comment

I am a midget in my fmaily at 5 foot 4. My cousins on all sides sans one are 5 foot 9/10 and they are 14.. on my mums side.

On my dads, the cousin s are of a similar height but intheir 20s.

Is it really just MY family :-/
                              rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band

Comment

Working...
                              X