...Men's suits...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...Men's suits...

It is not too often when we see threads about men's clothing, suits to be exact. These days, I am thinking of buying a suit. Here's what I want.

Single breasted (A must)
    2 buttons (3 would do but I would prefer 2)
    Side vents (A must - European style)
    Solid design (A must - No lines or boxes)
    Dark colors (Light would do also, but navy or black preferred)

I think that's about it. Yeah yeah, I know I really pinned it down. The sales associates at Macy's and Dillards gave up on me.

Since it's hard to find a suit with side vents in USA, another option is to buy it from Pakistan or get one stiched from a tailor, as my brothers are going there, and I've told them what I want. But I would prefere to buy it from USA because I would like to try it on and be able to return it in USA if needed, although it'll be very expensive here and cheaper in Pakistan.

So please post any pictures, but most importantly, any websites that sell suits with side vents. Here's a sample (which is EXACTLY what I want) but the problem is this site is British. As I said, I would prefer American, as it'll be easier to contact them in case of a problem.

[thumb=H]untitled14700_9129189.JPG[/thumb]

http://www.charlesgale.co.uk/pages/c...nts-suits.html
    ...I know that which you do not know. (Quran - 1:30)...... Which then of the bounties of your Lord will you deny?...(Quran - 55:13)...
    Shikra was here.

Re: ...Men's suits...

Go for buying it here. Spend the extra money, coz it's worth it believe me. Or can you wait until you go to Pak yourself? I think spending extra money here is worth it because 1) You know what you're getting. 2) if you don't get what you want, you are able to get a refund, or get those fixed. I don't see the difference between that suit you posted and regular american suits...
    The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

I thought people would know what side vent means but I guess I'll have to explain it, but I guess girls will have trouble understanding what I am talking about

If you look closely behind his hand, the one in the pocket, you'll see that the vent (the slit, which is usually in the back center) is right behind his hand. There's a smiliar vent on the other side. Therefore, the suit is not cut in the middle in the back, it has 2 "slits" in the back, more towards the sides. That's called "side vents"

Because of the center vent, a suit has two sides: Left and right. However, because of side vents, a suit has 3 sides, or flaps: right, middle part, then left.

American suits have either no vent or center vent in the back. However, european suits mostly have side vents.

Does that make any sense? And yes, like I said, I would prefer to buy a suit from USA even if i have to pay extra for it.
      ...I know that which you do not know. (Quran - 1:30)...... Which then of the bounties of your Lord will you deny?...(Quran - 55:13)...
      Shikra was here.

Comment

Damn... I wanna be a fashion designer n i dun even know "side vent"

Edit: looked closely and re-read ur explanation. So it's just slits on the side, rather than in the back right? How does the side-vent suit make you look different than a regular American suit?
        The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

I didnt know that american suits didnt have side vents!... i refer to them as "fart flaps" sometimes.... www.paulsmith.co.uk has nice suits in the "london collection" they have stores/stockists in the usa listed on their site.

Comment

^ Thanks for the link but I don't see suits there. Do you know of any that sell suits?

Sara
            Originally posted by Shikra
            I

Because of the center vent, a suit has two sides: Left and right. However, because of side vents, a suit has 3 sides, or flaps: right, middle part, then left.
            I wish I could draw good, I would draw it for you. Try to see in the pic. He has one flap above his hand, then the back one (since there's a side vent on the other side), and then the one above his other pocket.
            Shikra was here.

Comment

It's alright, i get wat ur saying Disco molvi

Comment

well anyone know of any sites in pak for that matter.. i know suits can be pretty awesome if bought from pak .... so give it away

Comment

My brothers are going there and I told them to buy it from Lahore. I also went to a local store here, which is SUITS only (ofcourse ties, shoes, shirts etc. too). They had some nice suits and at very reasonable prices. If my brothers can't find it in Lahore, then I guess I'll find it here, now that I know the store.
                  Shikra was here.

Comment

/\

dont buy any suits in pak. A serious waste of money. The quality of fabrics plus the design is never fitting. ( I v seen plenty people buy it overthere but its just dont have 'it'

Best is to take a day free from work and go shopping for a suit. I myself like van Gils, Hboss and McGregor suits. I would never buy a suit online because its hard to find something completely fitting.
                    There is no salvation for the soul, But to fall in Love.
                    It has to creep and crawl, Among the Lovers first.

Imam Jallal-u-Din Rumi

Comment

side vents arent hard to find. Any good designer will have them (i.e. Brooks Brothers, Boss, Canali, etc) I like my suits with a flat front pant, no pleats..
                      Bang Bang
                      I Shot You Down, Bang Bang
                      You Hit The Ground, Bang Bang
                      That Awefull Sound, Bang Bang
                      I Used To Shoot You Down

Comment

Can you all post pictures of your suits, if possible?

Brooks Brothers? Bhai aik suite aik hazaar ka hai. Abhi meri lottery nahi nikli

DP You are right. Last time I was in Lahore for only a few days, the suits I checked out in Pace weren't that great of quality. I told my brothers to buy the suits ONLY IF the quality is as good as US suits, if that's possible :halo:
                        Shikra was here.

Comment

lagta hai apko interview kay liyay chahiyay

Comment

Interview k liye bhi...........aur shaadi k liye bhi Although koi 2 saal baad hogi
                            Shikra was here.

Comment

hmmm i always thought paki suits were actually better than here...

you have to make sure you get good fabric and a really good tailor...cuz its made for you according to your size...so its perfect.
                              ~**~...A Dream is a wish your heart makes...~**~

Comment

Working...
                              X