Waxing --- by ~MuNiYa~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waxing --- by ~MuNiYa~

~MuNiYa~ posted 08-05-2002 07:41 AM CT (US)

Salaam Ladies..
    I dont know how many of you wax eyebrows and so forth.. but I've heard so many women saying they make thier wax at home with honey lemon and sugar. Does anyone know how to?
    Sounds good esp. since its all natural.

------------------
    Jaan LeY Hi JaUn ViChoRay

===============

Faatma Habeeb posted 08-05-2002 07:58 AM CT (US)

walekumsalam muniya
    here's the method:

take an equal amount of lemon juice and sugar in a cooking pot and start heating on stove and stirring

soon it will start changing into a coca cola type color and boiling quite a bit

it is cooked only after it has reached that dark coca cola color

once that happens, leep boiling and at intervals take a butter knife and check its consistency

if you put a drop on the kitchen counter, it shouldnt be too liquidy but shouldnt solidify immediately either

add water/lemon juice to make it thinner or heat more to make it thicker

you can store it and reheat it as many times as you want, wont make a difference. we usually make a big pot of wax and keep it in a big degchi in our house

never put hot wax on your skin....and i would say don't use wax on your face yaar...

happy waxing and lemme know how it works out

===============

~MuNiYa~ posted 08-05-2002 08:02 AM CT (US)

Why thank you Lady!!!
    No not the face.. just the legs.
    ------------------
    Jaan LeY Hi JaUn ViChoRay

===============

CocoNut posted 08-05-2002 11:54 AM CT (US)
    1 word
    OUCH!!!

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

===============

^DerVaisH^ posted 08-05-2002 12:01 PM CT (US)

hehe

thanx 4 sharing kakiz...

God bless u all...

fully-waxed
    DerVaisH

------------------
    Ai khuda jazba-e-ehsaas na bakhsha hota...
    Acha hota ager pather ka tarasha hota...
    Waja-e-tehQeer hon insanon mein insan ho ker...
    Pather ka hota to inhe insanon ne pooja hota...

===============

Faatma Habeeb posted 08-05-2002 12:49 PM CT (US)

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by ~MuNiYa~:
    Why thank you Lady!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mention not

===============

ShiNoO posted 08-05-2002 12:53 PM CT (US)

Ok, I read all that stuff abt sugar and lemon.
    Now my question is, How will I take the wax off (my leg)?..Cuz applying sounds easy but when u buy those ready made wax they always give you those 'paper' strips to take off the wax..right?

===============

Faatma Habeeb posted 08-05-2002 12:59 PM CT (US)

quote:
    Originally posted by ShiNoO:
    Ok, I read all that stuff abt sugar and lemon.
    Now my question is, How will I take the wax off (my leg)?..Cuz applying sounds easy but when u buy those ready made wax they always give you those 'paper' strips to take off the wax..right?

yaara koi purani jeans ya khakis pari hayn?? or some other material of that thickness and stiffness?? make pieces/strips out of those

===============

~Sehar~ posted 08-05-2002 05:50 PM CT (US)
    I got a slightly different recipe from a friend.
    WAX:
    -1 cup sugar
    -3 Tablespoons water
    -3 Tablespoons lemon juice

Put the ingredients in a chai wali pateeli over LOW heat until the sugar melts...Then you can raise it too medium heat to make the mixture thicken but don't over do it...and then check for the consistency as Fatima said above. Put a drop of the mixture on counter top and it shouldn't be too liquidy, neither should it solidify immediately. Wait till it cools down completely. Microwave it at about 10-20 seconds, it should be warm and applicable but not Hot.

For the strips:

Trust me on this one. Use the basmati chawal bags (the cloth ones obviously) from the local desi store. Udhair kar, make strips out of them. You can wash them, so they are reusable.

===============

Faatma Habeeb posted 08-05-2002 06:13 PM CT (US)

quote:
    Originally posted by ~Sehar~:
    I got a slightly different recipe from a friend.
    WAX:
    -1 cup sugar
    -3 Tablespoons water
    -3 Tablespoons lemon juice

Put the ingredients in a chai wali pateeli over LOW heat until the sugar melts...Then you can raise it too medium heat to make the mixture thicken but don't over do it...and then check for the consistency as Fatima said above. Put a drop of the mixture on counter top and it shouldn't be too liquidy, neither should it solidify immediately. Wait till it cools down completely. Microwave it at about 10-20 seconds, it should be warm and applicable but not Hot.

For the strips:

Trust me on this one. Use the basmati chawal bags (the cloth ones obviously) from the local desi store. Udhair kar, make strips out of them. You can wash them, so they are reusable.

haan yaara this will do fine too...

thanks for the basmati rice bags waali tip khamakha hi apnay bhaiyon kee jeans phaar phaar kar mein ne hashar kar rakha hay been throwing away those basmati bags till now but i'll put em to use now

===============

Anchal posted 08-06-2002 01:59 AM CT (US)

Muniya try Nads. All natural. I find it much better then home made waxes out of sugar and honey because for one thing Nads washes off very easily with warm water. I'd recommend Nads for waxing otherwise buy an epilator.
    [This message has been edited by Anchal (edited August 06, 2002).]

===============

~MuNiYa~ posted 08-06-2002 05:04 AM CT (US)

Thanks guys!!
    Anchal... I loveeeeee all natural stuff.
    Nads is cool but it hurts more then warms wax.
    As for how to get the wax off..
    well there is a lil trick to it..
    Apply the wax the same direction as the hair growth and pull the opposite way. Not only does the wax come off but every lil itty bitty hair does too..

[This message has been edited by ~MuNiYa~ (edited August 06, 2002).]

===============

Hinna posted 08-06-2002 05:11 AM CT (US)

quote:
    Originally posted by Anchal:
    Muniya try Nads. All natural. I find it much better then home made waxes out of sugar and honey because for one thing Nads washes off very easily with warm water. I'd recommend Nads for waxing otherwise buy an epilator.
    [This message has been edited by Anchal (edited August 06, 2002).]

Anchal..I've been using nads..but I've noticed that after using it a few times..the nads has lost its consistency. I'm not sure if it's because the stuff in the jar's been exposed to the air or whatever....

------------------
    "O people! Muhammad has no sons among ye men, but verily, he is the Messenger of Allah and the last in the line of Prophets. And Allah is aware of everything." (33:40)

"The Hour will not come ... until nearly thirty "dajjals" (liars) appear, each one claiming to be a messenger from Allah." (Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim)

===============

Anchal posted 08-06-2002 05:38 AM CT (US)

Hinna yeah, i've noticed it too, I just throw it away and buy a new one. But I only wax during the summers. Winters i get by usually on epilators.
    I used to use Hot wax when i was living with my parents. Mum's got this whole machine for hot wax so you can never get wrong with the temperature. I wouldnt dare to use the hot wax on my own.

===============

~MuNiYa~ posted 08-06-2002 05:41 AM CT (US)
    yeh.. the machine is awesome and quite inexpensive.. like $34 compare that to paying $40 for leg waxing once.. .
    Hinna posted 08-07-2002 03:45 PM CT (US)
    I've got the hot wax machine at home..it's pretty convenient.
    Anchal..does the epilator make your hair grow thicker?

------------------
    "O people! Muhammad has no sons among ye men, but verily, he is the Messenger of Allah and the last in the line of Prophets. And Allah is aware of everything." (33:40)

"The Hour will not come ... until nearly thirty "dajjals" (liars) appear, each one claiming to be a messenger from Allah." (Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim)

===============

gooni_2000 posted 08-07-2002 04:19 PM CT (US)

quote:
    Originally posted by Hinna:
    I've got the hot wax machine at home..it's pretty convenient.
    Anchal..does the epilator make your hair grow thicker?

I think they are so much better than wax and quicker if you are immune to the initial pain.

But still i have to thank seher and fateema for sharing the recipe...... I was thinking about it for so many days and look where i found it....!!

i guess gupshup is becoming a solution to all my problems.

===============

SAJAL posted 08-07-2002 08:22 PM CT (US)

Could someone plz throw more info on
    epilators
    Faatma Habeeb posted 08-08-2002 03:44 AM CT (US)
    SAJAL baji, epilators = these small machines with minute rotating wheels and u slide them on your skin, so the hair will get trapped in b/w those wheels and get pulled out. so the action is similar to threading/waxing. you can do a search on the internet for epilator and you can see pictures etc. but one thing epilators are soooooooooooooooo PAINFUL
    gooni zikar not

[This message has been edited by Faatma Habeeb (edited August 08, 2002).]

===============

Hinna posted 08-08-2002 06:23 AM CT (US)

quote:
    Originally posted by Faatma Habeeb:
    SAJAL baji, epilators = these small machines with minute rotating wheels and u slide them on your skin, so the hair will get trapped in b/w those wheels and get pulled out. so the action is similar to threading/waxing. you can do a search on the internet for epilator and you can see pictures etc. but one thing epilators are soooooooooooooooo PAINFUL
    gooni zikar not

[This message has been edited by Faatma Habeeb (edited August 08, 2002).]

Faatma...is the pain just like when you wax or greater?

------------------

===============

Faatma Habeeb posted 08-08-2002 07:08 AM CT (US)

yaar hinna, its a different kind of pain b/c in waxing ONE JKHATKA and GONE, but here its but by bit so its more painful....i dont think waxing is painful waisay...but some of my friends think it is...i guess apni apni skin ki baat hay...

===============

Anchal posted 08-08-2002 07:29 AM CT (US)

epilators are great. I love 'em.
    Hinna, you are a med student, you should know the myth behind 'hair growing back thicker'

No it doesnt, its being pulled out from its roots rather then being cut in the middle.

As for epilators being painful, depends if you are ok with threading then epilators are alrite too. I dont find em painful. Also depends on what sort of skin you have. Sensitive skin its going to be a bit painful. This is a Mythical Fact that any sort of method such as waxing, threading and epilators are more painful around your periods.

===============

Hinna posted 08-08-2002 09:35 AM CT (US)

Faatma...true..I guess it depends on how much you can take the "pain". Some areas are darn right painful while others are not...
    hehe anchal..I'm not a med student...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Hinna (edited August 08, 2002).]

===============

gooni_2000 posted 08-08-2002 11:17 AM CT (US)

There are different types of epilators... some of my friends who use braun's silk epil... think that it i smuch less painful... i think so too .... but I have used the philips sentinelle. It is ok ,,, more painful than silk epil!!
    I seriously think that it is much easier and quicker.... no mess with epilators... because your skin gets used to it. They are fine products.... waxes are messy. I prefer using them onlegs though because mine hurt too much with epilators.

yet .... once youreally get used to them .... you will forget about waxing. And hair gets thinner, not thicker!!!

===============

CocoNut posted 08-08-2002 02:47 PM CT (US)
    Whats wrong with depillatory cream?
    ------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

===============

Anchal posted 08-08-2002 03:41 PM CT (US)

Coco, they're evil. They burn through skin.
    !~!ZahrA!~! posted 08-08-2002 03:53 PM CT (US)

i dont think waxing is painful at all...my mom makes wax as faatema said....and i use practically every type of cotton cloth...that works...--
    as for the epilator...i found it very painful....especially on arms...it really hurts....

does anyone do face waxing here?....

===============

CocoNut posted 08-08-2002 04:01 PM CT (US)

quote:
    Originally posted by Anchal:
    Coco, they're evil. They burn through skin.

All of 'em?
    What r other side effects besides that?

Isn't it easier than peeling/waxing your skin? with possible bleeding

------------------

===============

Faatma Habeeb posted 08-08-2002 04:03 PM CT (US)

quote:
    Originally posted by !~!ZahrA!~!:

i dont think waxing is painful at all...my mom makes wax as faatema said....and i use practically every type of cotton cloth...that works...--
    as for the epilator...i found it very painful....especially on arms...it really hurts....

ZAHRA!!!!!! BHOOL KE BHEE MAT KARNA!!! AISAY DAANAY NIKLAY GAE!!! MOONH PAKORA LAGAY GA!!!! seriously i tried it and it was AWFUL thread the face instead

===============

!~!ZahrA!~! posted 08-08-2002 04:17 PM CT (US)

quote:
    Originally posted by Faatma Habeeb:
    ZAHRA!!!!!! BHOOL KE BHEE MAT KARNA!!! AISAY DAANAY NIKLAY GAE!!! MOONH PAKORA LAGAY GA!!!! seriously i tried it and it was AWFUL thread the face instead

i find threading more pianful than waxing...i ony thread my eyebrows...and during the whole time i am like crying...what do u do with ur eyebrows??

Comment

===============

Faatma Habeeb posted 08-08-2002 04:24 PM CT (US)

quote:
      i find threading more pianful than waxing...i ony thread my eyebrows...and during the whole time i am like crying...what do u do with ur eyebrows??

haan yaar threading for eyebrows IF i decide to thread them i usually dont coz of the same reason of dard

par face ke liyay usually bleaching JOLEN use karo though now i am planning to thread as some of my friends do that and i think its better..lemme know how it turns out k whatever u do!!

===============

Jal_Pari posted 08-08-2002 05:08 PM CT (US)

quote:

i use threading for my eyebrows and waxing for my upper lips only. I don't think i am very fond of whole face waxing. I used to have threading for my upper lips few yrs back and my skin became very hard, so i quite and used waxing ever since.

===============

CocoNut posted 08-08-2002 05:21 PM CT (US)

this reminds me, I wonder what the Religion section mullah's are saying HARAAM HARAAM FACE THREADING
      ------------------

===============
      hayaa posted 08-08-2002 05:26 PM CT (US)

I'm sorry is it just me or isn't waxing such a hassle!! and takes forever

===============

Faatma Habeeb posted 08-08-2002 05:32 PM CT (US)

quote:
      Originally posted by hayaa:

yup i agree

===============

Paxtani Mentality posted 08-08-2002 06:40 PM CT (US)

quote:
      Originally posted by hayaa:

so yu mean ur always "unwaxed"

suroor_ca02 posted 08-08-2002 07:07 PM CT (US)
      hmm..i use wax to fix my eyebrows.. less painful ..n threading for upper lips cuz well i guess iam used to it...just curious about nads here.. lot of u mentioned it.. can u tell me lil more about it? like how is it better than regular wax?
      ------------------
      ai ajnabi tu bhee kabhee awaaz dai kahee say...

===============

Hinna posted 08-12-2002 12:27 PM CT (US)

with the epil..how long are you sans les cheveux?

===============

Anchal posted 08-12-2002 04:22 PM CT (US)

depends on how fast your hair grows. The same length as waxing or threading.

Comment

doesnt it feel like we're being mocked ladies?
        I have OCD: Obsessive Cullens Disorder
        Bite Me! -- Please
        I like running with scissors...makes me feel dangerous

Comment

hehe muniya
          22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

waxing...hmmmm, id prefer threading. wax is such a mess.

Comment

Man I wish I can learn to thread. I get my eyebrows done by threading and just really wish I can learn how to do it.

Comment

Bluebell, I totally agree with you. Actually I posted a thread (no pun intended) about the topic a while back hoping that I could learn the art but still haven't got the hang of it.

Comment

Re: Waxing --- by ~MuNiYa~

I let threat my lil sis my eyebrows
                  Ya Nabi Salaam Alaika Ya Rasool Salaam Alaika Ya Habib Salaam Alaika.

Comment

threading is painful .. ..

Comment

Why did Don post this though?

Comment

Is tht waxing stuff .....a guy can use for his chest ...kyaaaa

Comment

I know that hair on arms and legs grows back thinner but what about facial hair? My bhabi didn't have much hair on her face but as she bleached, hair on her face grew back thicker. I wonder why that happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Nilu
                            I let threat my lil sis my eyebrows
                            im sooo afraid of threadin ma eyebrows.. im afraid.. ke kahin ghalat baal na saath mein chala jaaye..

tweezers.. zindabad..
                            ..Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.. ~IK~

Comment

Originally posted by ~*Chocoholic*~
                              I know that hair on arms and legs grows back thinner but what about facial hair? My bhabi didn't have much hair on her face but as she bleached, hair on her face grew back thicker. I wonder why that happened?
                              it always comes back thicker..if u bleach ur facial hair..
                              ..Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.. ~IK~

Comment

Working...
                              X