Intimacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intimacy

When your married, does the physical and emotional intimacy dwindle after time or does it become stronger?

------------------
    There is a mystic thread of life
    So dearly wreath'd with mine alone,
    That Destiny's relentless knife
    At once must sever both, or none.

It grows with age and gets better and better and better. Like good wine. but dont be in a hurry...

Comment

Stronger...
      but I wouldnt know I've only been with my hubby for two years and in these ithas gotten stronger.. I dunno what will happen in the next 50..

Would love to hear from some of the people married longer..
      I have OCD: Obsessive Cullens Disorder
      Bite Me! -- Please
      I like running with scissors...makes me feel dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Tube Runner:
        When your married, does the physical and emotional intimacy dwindle after time or does it become stronger?

The answer depends entirely on how long the couple has been married. I think marriage is like a new car ... follow me on this one

~ When you first get the car .. there are a lot of oooohs and aaaaahs. Always admiring it's roomy look, how the paint shines, how it smells. It handles awesome on the road. And people passing you on the road will turn and notice, which gives you an odd sense of statisfaction.

- - - THEN - - -

A few years go by... the car maybe has a few dings and dents, the carpet is not as clean as it used to be. You begin to hear small little creaks here and there. And the paint if fading just a bit. BUT .. it's still your car and it rides like a well oiled machine.

- - - NOW - - -

This is the turning point... and how much your intamacy with the car is. Of course, by now.. it holds a lot of sentimental value and it is still the pride and joy of your heart.

The question is .. do you want to put in the work and get it serviced so that it'll keep running like new. Or will you stop paying attention to it and let all the good things about it go.

Emotional and Physical is all up to you.

As a woman, you want to make sure the car get's regular tune ups and has his tires rotated every 3-6,000 miles. The spark plugs need be changed and take all that dirty oil out after every 5,000 miles

As a guy. You need to maintain the car in such a way that it would never feel lesser than any of the newery flashier cars. Tell the car it's beautiful and how much warmth it brings to your heart and that no matter how what kind of engine, horn or shape of a new car you see.... This car is the best baby. It's not an antique but rather a classic.

And they lived happily ever after

------------------
        Share your experiences - they cost you nothing but will make us all richer.

Comment

..interesting analogy. Basically what you're saying is that both parties involved have to continue working at the marriage to make it a success.

------------------
          There is a mystic thread of life
          So dearly wreath'd with mine alone,
          That Destiny's relentless knife
          At once must sever both, or none.

Comment

I am been married for over 2 years and things were more beautiful and exciting then it is now but the fact that Love has grown with in our relationship which matters the most.

As explained above the example of a car is very true. The relationship depands of your understanding and compromise.

Comment

Working...
            X