How to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to

deal with people who communicate non-verbally more? I mean their body language & those weird faces they make to get a reaction out of you is something I can't take. Then afterwards when you do give a reaction, they are like " hum ne kuch bhi nahi kaha" & all that jazz.

And please don't say to avoid them because it is really hard when you do actually know they are asking for a slap on their face

Re: How to

Punch em in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by tissues View Post
      deal with people who communicate non-verbally more? I mean their body language & those weird faces they make to get a reaction out of you is something I can't take. Then afterwards when you do give a reaction, they are like " hum ne kuch bhi nahi kaha" & all that jazz.

And please don't say to avoid them because it is really hard when you do actually know they are asking for a slap on their face
      Tissues,

What do you mean by "communicating nonverbally more?" If this is their habit or aadat, then it 's who they are and you can't do much about it.

If you know that they are trying to get a reaction out of you, then don't give them that satisfaction. At least don't give them the kind of reaction that they're "hoping" for. Act in a way that is opposite or contrary to what they are expecting.

Another option is that you can have a direct, straightforward discussion with them. When they say, "hum ne kuch bhi nahi kaha"...then say, "Moonh kholne ki zaroorat nahi hoti, insaan ki body language hi bahut kuch keh jaati hai. Khamoshi ki bhi zubaan hoti hai aur ishaaron ki bhi." Talk it out with them. Ask them if you've done something to upset them as they've been distant lately. If they give an explanation, go from there. Clarify the matter and apologize for misunderstandings if need be. And if they don't give any explanations you can say, "Agar mujh se koi ghalati hui hai, I am sorry. And I hope we can move past this and go back to the good relations we had." Sometimes doing this can calm the other person down. We all make mistakes and offend without realizing. It doesn't lessen a person in stature to apologize.

You haven't specified who these people are. If they are immediate family members, then this nonsense is temporary or waqti. If they are extended family members (cousins)...then try to clear things with them. If they're not receptive...then be polite but give them their space. If they are coworkers, just be polite but focus on your work. If they are "friends"....again....try clearing the air with them and if it doesn't help...leave them be and keep yourself busy with other people/things.

Comment

Communicating "non-verbally" can actually end up with something very good in your life

Jesay ke, "ankhion se goli maare"

#DealLikeGovinda
        My degree of sarcasm is directly related with your level of stupidity.
        "Hamari Koi aur branch nahi hai"

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Lota View Post
          Communicating "non-verbally" can actually end up with something very good in your life

Jesay ke, "ankhion se goli maare"

#DealLikeGovinda
          LMAO....that song was the bomb back in the day.

Dhishkiyaaaowwwn

Comment

^ Oh no no, hell no. there is no match to all time great 'Kisi disco men jaen'

Wut da thumkay!!

#MoveitlikeGovinda

Comment

Kisi hotel main khayen....

Nah, doesn't pack the same punch as the goli wala song. It's cuz of the gunshot.

Never liked Govinda. Never liked his dancing. He hams everything. More so than SRK.

Comment

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
                Kisi hotel main khayen....

Nah, doesn't pack the same punch as the goli wala song. It's cuz of the gunshot.

Never liked Govinda. Never liked his dancing. He hams everything. More so than SRK.
                Never met anyone who liked Govinda. But those of his weird dance moves and chichoray jokes like this:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtnG3n9FThc

Ok chalo shabbash back to topic.

Haan to tissue ji, kye kehrai theen aap?

Comment

^Kleenex wishes that her friends were more expressive(khuli kitaab) like Govinda. See, we were always on topic.

Comment

Moment when you start answering and giving non verbal treatment... its non verbal keera will go down to drain....

Comment

Originally posted by tissues View Post

Simple: don't react. You have an open line of communication when you force them to speak their mind; till then, give 'em nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      X