Superficiality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superficiality

How much do looks matter in the rishta process & in marriage? What would you do if during marriage your partner gains weight or if their looks change in other ways? For the ladies who have had kids, what would you do if your husband puts emphasis on loosing the baby weight?

Re: Superficiality

Physical attraction is an important aspect of any relationship, but it still does not triumph over emotional attachment.
    I'm Not The Messiah, I'm A Very Naughty Boy

Comment

Originally posted by Rose887 View Post
      For the ladies who have had kids, what would you do if your husband puts emphasis on loosing the baby weight?
      I'd tell him (and did tell him) to kiss off. If he's so concerned about it, then he can carry the kids to term.
      Our backs tell stories no books have the spine to carry - Rupi Kaur

Comment

Originally posted by FreshBakedPi View Post
        I'd tell him (and did tell him) to kiss off. If he's so concerned about it, then he can carry the kids to term.
        Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

How much do looks matter in the rishta process & in marriage? What would you do if during marriage your partner gains weight or if their looks change in other ways? For the ladies who have had kids, what would you do if your husband puts emphasis on loosing the baby weight?
          Depends. Some men are insulting about it and make a woman feel bad.

My husband is a health freak...he goes to the gym regularly, doesn't eat sugar, maintains a simple and healthy diet and rarely indulges. I am the junk food queen in the house and he often has to reign me in but its not about how I look. Its because we have a child together and we need to be there for him. We have a long road ahead of us raising him and giving him a good life.
          Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

They matter significantly when considering someone for marriage. There has to be some attraction. Can't say for sure how I'd feel if my partner gained significant weight. I do like making fun of obese people so it would make things awkward. I can't make fun of the obese lady\dude over there if my own begum weighs more.

Comment

They do matter to keep the partner attracted. The quality of relationships is definitely better when there is both an emotional connection and physical chemistry. So one can choose to give up on it, and it would influence the quality of the relationship unless the emotional connection is strong enough to overcome it. If emotional connection is so strong, there would be no question of a partner pestering the other to lose weight.

However, the other thing to keep in mind is, our looks are not just for our partners, but also the world out there. Unfortunately, better looking people do get treated better. And by better looking, I just mean those who are fit and dress well.

Comment

Looks are important in my opinion and people should try to do their best, regardless of relationships.
                Having said that, I donít make fun of heavy people, having worked in medicine for so long, I know that itís not their fault.
                Grizzly bear

Comment

Working...
                X