Heart vs mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heart vs mind

If your heart says one thing and your mind says another, who should you listen to?

Re: Heart vs mind

Your stomach

Comment

^What our friend, Third String, is inarticulately trying to say is that you should listen to your gut feeling. I think that's what he means by "stomach." Either that or he's hungry...prolly the latter.

Comment

Well this is what I can tell you from personal experience, listening to the heart is great for momentarily happiness but for long term contentment, listen to your brain.
        Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Comment

Mind. Always let your mind win.

Comment

But some people only have heart, the brain cells already regressed due to matters of heart.
            I'm Not The Messiah, I'm A Very Naughty Boy

Comment

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
              ^What our friend, Third String, is inarticulately trying to say is that you should listen to your gut feeling. I think that's what he means by "stomach." Either that or he's hungry...prolly the latter.
              you're the only one who gets me, velvet! I love you!

Comment

Originally posted by lahore2nc View Post
                If your heart says one thing and your mind says another, who should you listen to?
                What are the consequences of listening to the heart or the mind in that situation? What is worse? What can you live with, and what can't you live without? Also, are you being honest with yourself in how you're answering those questions?

Also, no matter which you choose, there is a chance that you would continue to wonder about the other option. There is a reason why your heart and mind are not in agreement. They are both pointing to factors that are important to you.

Comment

Dude if you wanna get screwed listen to your heart

If not

your brain

Comment

If you have enough insight to know what your mind is whispering over the loud shouting from your heart, your mind definitely deserves being listened to.
                    Sadly.

Comment

You should listen to both and ideally both mind and heart should be at ease and on the same page. But I've always believed that one should be truly happy from within on their wedding day....you shouldn't have to feel like you had to internally push yourself to accept something...and we all know when we feel that way on the inside. In this kind of scenario, no matter how much my mind tells me that it would be practical...if my heart's not into it...if I have to internally push myself to accept...then I avoid it.

Comment

That's exactly what I am thinking.
                        If it is not natural and I have to push myself then how it can make me happy.
                        But then on the other hand, maybe it is not making me happy now.. maybe it is good for the future ..but then u cannot live your life with "maybe" scenario.

Comment

Instinct

Comment

Mind. It knows whats best for your heart.

Comment

its better to listen ur mind if u cant then simple eat eat and eat untill you sleep

Comment

Working...
                              X