Best Thing you Will Learn........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Thing you Will Learn........

Responding Vs Reacting, I see people reacting here all the time to some abusive poster or to a disagreement etc. If we learn to respond rather than react we can take control of our lives and happiness. So the presenter says that if someone disagrees with you and even knows that they might be wrong then they will attack you personally, do some name calling, insults etc like it happens here and if you fall for their trap and react angrily they will make it all about how you reacted rather than what the issue was. So watch the video and share your experiences about this stuff and I will post more videos. I was taught this stuff during my mandatory anger management course.

Re: Best Thing you Will Learn........

She's boring and slow. I fell asleep within the first few minutes of the video. Giving it a try again.
    I feel like telling her, 'lady please speak faster '
    Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

She could have been concise. The message she conveyed was a good one. I don't know how far these videos help people. You were taught this during anger management course, yet sometimes, I see you provoking as well as reacting . I react a lot and self-help videos haven't done much for me other than help me identify the problem. I'm never able to work on the next step of solving the problem.
      Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Originally posted by LP View Post
        She could have been concise. The message she conveyed was a good one. I don't know how far these videos help people. You were taught this during anger management course, yet sometimes, I see you provoking as well as reacting . I react a lot and self-help videos haven't done much for me other than help me identify the problem. I'm never able to work on the next step of solving the problem.
        Online personalities are different, In my personal life with kids I am a lot less reactive than I would have been otherwise, they do stuff everyday that makes me angry but I manage to look at the bigger picture, for eg if i feel the urge to yell at safy my internal dialogue is that my goal is to build him and not destroy him, think about all the stresses hes going thru and that he will be going away soon and the response is of more nurturing and caring. One of my rules in life is to not let people get comfortable with disrespecting you or be passive, you still need to set boundaries and there is nothing wrong with a hard and harsh response if it is well thought out and done with a cool head. I teach safy the exact same thing, he reacted to this old neighbor lady who is harassing the club officials for years now. Both Mrs and I believe that real men are soft at home and tough outside.

I dont really provoke, sometimes truth is hard to handle.

Comment

Also I have seen people go their entire lives without acknowledging the problem so if you have identified that you have something to work on then you are ahead of a big portion of that population. Sometimes I think about how getting angry made me feel after and ask myself if I want to feel chitty again for a long time and that makes it work for me. Identifying the triggers is important also and be prepared for the trigger.

Comment

Here is an Islamic version

Comment

Working...
            X