Brains or beauty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brains or beauty?

Would you marry someone who is beautiful/handsome but not as educated vs. average looking but educated? If you had to compromise, which way would you go?
    Life is not happening to you. Life is responding to you.

Re: Brains or beauty?

Education does not neccessarily makes one smart. People have degrees but not smart enough to deal with simplest of issues in their relationships. I always go for smart people, good common sense to practically resolve any relationship issues no matter the looks/education.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy4CadTJ6WCkBUESWotzlwg
    https://www.instagram.com/mystiquepkofficial/

Comment

Mystique pretty much summed up what I was going to say.
      Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Comment

Market value of beauty is supremely higher. I could have never been happy with average looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystique View Post
          Education does not neccessarily makes one smart. People have degrees but not smart enough to deal with simplest of issues in their relationships. I always go for smart people, good common sense to practically resolve any relationship issues no matter the looks/education.
          How do you judge that though? You can't know until you live with them I suppose

Comment

Education. That way he will have greater earning potential and will be able to afford plastic surgery and make himself prettier for my viewing pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
              Education. That way he will have greater earning potential and will be able to afford plastic surgery and make himself prettier for my viewing pleasure.
              haha

Comment

Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

It is a bit of an amature hour here, there are a lot of other things that come into play like how responsible, is the person pleasant, are they lazy, are they dependable etc. A handsome educated person who is slap happy is not worth anything. A good looking girl who is full of herself can't be a good partner either so the equation is a lot more complex. There are ways of analysing and assessing intelligence, social skills. personal traits very quickly. You need to set your priorities and often will have to compromise on a few things. Also I have seen many educated people driving cabs and many trades people and entrepreneurs to be very wealthy. education does not equate to wealth.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post
                    It is a bit of an amature hour here, there are a lot of other things that come into play like how responsible, is the person pleasant, are they lazy, are they dependable etc. A handsome educated person who is slap happy is not worth anything. A good looking girl who is full of herself can't be a good partner either so the equation is a lot more complex. There are ways of analysing and assessing intelligence, social skills. personal traits very quickly. You need to set your priorities and often will have to compromise on a few things. Also I have seen many educated people driving cabs and many trades people and entrepreneurs to be very wealthy. education does not equate to wealth.
                    I should have mentioned considering everything else is the same in both and only those two are variable factors

Comment

Originally posted by Mystique View Post

Very correct so people here are starting to think that EQ is way more important to be successful in every facet of life compared to IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Pisiform View Post
                        I should have mentioned considering everything else is the same in both and only those two are variable factors
                        Never marry a woman who does not take your breath away, it is a long hard life. Nothing is worth waking up next to a person who you are not deeply attracted to.

Comment

Good grief. Mutual attraction has its place but the person you marry....no matter how hot they look...is a still a mere mortal and not immune to burping, passing gas, and waking up with morning breath and the corners of their eyes crammed with eye-boogers (I'm sure Pisi must know the medical term for them). Life is not a bollywood movie and your spouse will not take your breath away every single day...24/7. There will be days you'll find each other annoying and that's why character/personality are important too.

Comment

Good grief. Mutual attraction has its place but the person you marry....no matter how hot they look...is a still a mere mortal and not immune to burping, passing gas, and waking up with morning breath and the corners of their eyes crammed with eye-boogers (I'm sure Pisi must know the medical term for them). Life is not a bollywood movie and your spouse will not take your breath away every single day...24/7. There will be days you'll find each other annoying and that's why character/personality are important too.
                            There are several filters and insane attraction is the first and then you move on to other things. Beauty is hard work, here we dont call mere good genetics beauty. It involves in the person taking care of themselves, brushing teeth, flossing, cleaning the tongue and various other things. Eating apples, fruits and veggies keep skin glowing and breath fresh. We have a girl at our work and she invests in her appearance a few hours a day and the world kneels in front of her. Her beauty gave her everything she desired.

Comment

I think in arranged marriages, men usually go for beauty over brains whereas women go for financial stability over beauty. Whereas in love marriages, neither matter.

[MENTION=159652]Pisiform[/MENTION]
                              Beauty can be enhanced with some grooming or a lot of grooming, depending on what the man likes. The entire personality can change with some posture exercises, good skincare routine, good make up skills and an effort in how she carries herself. But enhancing the 'brain' part is more of a challenge.
                              Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Working...
                              X