Should I wake her up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I wake her up

So I am up since 6 am I slept in the tent and she in the SUV she has no fixed time for getting up I would make breakfast and it would get cold. I have the roaring river behind me and I want her to enjoy it with me. Can a husband ask the wife to wake up or is that rude?

Re: Should I wake her up

have breakfast around 9 or something if she is not up by then i guess you could wake her up.

It is not rude it might be inconsiderate if she went to bed late . If that is the case then you should let her sleep :/
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments. ~

Comment

She is up now I will drive her to town for breakfast I wish she had gone on the hike with me I guess sleeping in the SUV could be hard

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post
        She is up now I will drive her to town for breakfast I wish she had gone on the hike with me I guess sleeping in the SUV could be hard
        you wrote something in your blog that there was a mishap while driving home yesterday, is everything alright?
        We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are!

Comment

Thank you for asking we were leaving Hinton and I was changing lanes on the highway and there was a big metal object on the highway that fell from an oilfield truck I ran over it. It felt like an explosion two tires burst and rims bent gmc rims are a thousand each and would be after the weekend to get we got 4 generic rims and tires and stayed overnight at a hotel thankfully everyone was amazing including the RCMP the officers were all young girls. I am thankful the SUV sustained the hit a smaller car would be airborne I am sure my wife's prayers help us

Comment

Close call Young Man! yes that could have been much worse if your vehicle was smaller and closer to the ground! so you are making an extra gift to your favourite charity .... OoperWala was looking after your Family!
            We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are!

Comment

You are correct someone keeps us safe and we should be thankful everyday. It was nice we had CAA gold they towed and paid for hotel meals taxi the young girls located the truck so hopefully their insurance covers the cost. It was 3000 dollar for wheels and rims

Comment

To me it's rare that a husband is actually asking if it's okay to wake his wife up. In my family the wife has to do everything the husband demands, no matter if she is ill, no matter what. Even most of our Pakistani family friends have this same mentality. It is new to me that a Pakistani male would be worried to wake his wife up, because he needs breakfast. That's great, that you are actually worried about her feelings, her health, her well being instead of only your own needs and wishes. I hope you won't change your attitude.
                Well . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Sahdia77 View Post
                  To me it's rare that a husband is actually asking if it's okay to wake his wife up. In my family the wife has to do everything the husband demands, no matter if she is ill, no matter what. Even most of our Pakistani family friends have this same mentality. It is new to me that a Pakistani male would be worried to wake his wife up, because he needs breakfast. That's great, that you are actually worried about her feelings, her health, her well being instead of only your own needs and wishes. I hope you won't change your attitude.

Thank you for your kind words. During our camping trips cooking is my domain. I cooked steak and eggs a couple of times and the steaks need to be perfectly timed as they don't taste good cold. We were brought up to believe that a woman is not obliged to care for the men and if she does cooking or cleaning it should be her choice and not an obligation. My father never ever asked my mother to do anything. I am teaching my boys to take care of themselves also.

Comment

Thank you for your kind words. During our camping trips cooking is my domain. I cooked steak and eggs a couple of times and the steaks need to be perfectly timed as they don't taste good cold. We were brought up to believe that a woman is not obliged to care for the men and if she does cooking or cleaning it should be her choice and not an obligation. My father never ever asked my mother to do anything. I am teaching my boys to take care of themselves also.
                    aare you pakistani ?
                    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Life01 View Post
                      aare you pakistani ?
                      There is a Muslim school of thought that believes that a wife is not obliged to cook and clean for the husband. Unfortunately, the faith has been hijacked by hardliners. My father was an Islamic scholar and a diplomat
                      I have raised my children with mostly western values infused with eastern values of family and commitment.

Comment

Bobby1, your family is special. May you influence many people in a positive way.
                        Well . . .

Comment

There is a Muslim school of thought that believes that a wife is not obliged to cook and clean for the husband. Unfortunately, the faith has been hijacked by hardliners. My father was an Islamic scholar and a diplomat
                          I have raised my children with mostly western values infused with eastern values of family and commitment.
                          Then is the wife supposed to pay the bills?

Comment

Originally posted by third string View Post
                            Then is the wife supposed to pay the bills?
                            No!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sahdia77 View Post
                              Bobby1, your family is special. May you influence many people in a positive way.
                              Thank you so much baita, I post here to provide a different perspective. Many spend a life without knowing the joy of true love. Yes people fear them and respect them as dictated by religion and culture but do they really love them. My children hug me daily, my eldest helps out without even being asked and my wife looks at me lovingly. She was saying before me no one ever did anything especial for her. Love and fear don't live in the same place. Moving around and cooking and cleaning are good for health anyways.

Comment

Working...
                              X