marriage for immigration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marriage for immigration

So do any of you know someone who got married to a UK/US nationality holder for immigration purpose? Do you know any case where already married men from Pakistan marry nationality holder ...I know this has been going on these losers from Pakistan want rich , settled widows or divorcees to adopt them to get immigration.......what happens if the first wife has not given any permission? Do you think legal action can be taken against him?
    God Made The Land, God Made The Sea, God Needed A Princess So He Made Me!

Re: marriage for immigration

Originally posted by stylobabe View Post
    So do any of you know someone who got married to a UK/US nationality holder for immigration purpose? Do you know any case where already married men from Pakistan marry nationality holder ...I know this has been going on these losers from Pakistan want rich , settled widows or divorcees to adopt them to get immigration.......what happens if the first wife has not given any permission? Do you think legal action can be taken against him?

Most western countries don't allow polygamy existing wives can let the authorities know and he might not get entry.

Comment

Originally posted by stylobabe View Post
      what happens if the first wife has not given any permission? Do you think legal action can be taken against him?
      Polygamy is illegal in the U.S. It doesn't matter if the first wife gives permission. If a man has a wife (outside or inside the U.S.), marries a 2nd woman in the U.S. and applies for immigration through the 2nd wife, he will be charged with immigration fraud if USCIS finds out that he's already married. Not only will the application be denied, if I remember correctly, being charged with immigration fraud carries a lifetime ban from the U.S.

Comment

Marrying for immigration is illegal so reporting them for fraud with evidence of previous marriage certificate is enough to stop them completely.

Comment

I know a case with a very close friend of mine. She met a guy online . Fell in love . He was from Karachi . She and her family went over to Karachi and met the guy's family. They insisted on a quick wedding . Nikkah was done without rukhsati . She came back and put in the papers for spouse visa . Soon they recieved it and she went back to karachi within weeks and got married . The guy arrived , spent 5 years and applied for nationality .

It was then that he went to Pakistan in all these years . Never took his wife from the UK back to Pakistan to visit family . It was purely by chance that she found out he left another wife and two kids back home and kids are Ma Shaa Allah all grown up ( one of them in early teens )

She was heart broken , mainly because she thought , all these years she was happily living in an illusion , a fraud , a web of lies . Problems began . The guys offered divorce happily. She accepted and then met a solicitor and put a case on him for fraud .

His passport was withheld and he was asked to leave the country . ( within 5 months of getting his passport , he was stripped of it )

So yes fraud happens , sometimes you catch it , sometimes you dont . If a little more time had went by , she wouldnt have been able to take much action against him .
          The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post
            Most western countries don't allow polygamy existing wives can let the authorities know and he might not get entry.
            oh ok
            Originally posted by Paheli00 View Post
            Polygamy is illegal in the U.S. It doesn't matter if the first wife gives permission. If a man has a wife (outside or inside the U.S.), marries a 2nd woman in the U.S. and applies for immigration through the 2nd wife, he will be charged with immigration fraud if USCIS finds out that he's already married. Not only will the application be denied, if I remember correctly, being charged with immigration fraud carries a lifetime ban from the U.S.
            thanks for the info

Originally posted by StrangeOne View Post
            Marrying for immigration is illegal so reporting them for fraud with evidence of previous marriage certificate is enough to stop them completely.
            ahan but one doesnt get nationality as soon as they marry and reach there right it takes time?

Originally posted by Chicken Biryani View Post
            I know a case with a very close friend of mine. She met a guy online . Fell in love . He was from Karachi . She and her family went over to Karachi and met the guy's family. They insisted on a quick wedding . Nikkah was done without rukhsati . She came back and put in the papers for spouse visa . Soon they recieved it and she went back to karachi within weeks and got married . The guy arrived , spent 5 years and applied for nationality .

It was then that he went to Pakistan in all these years . Never took his wife from the UK back to Pakistan to visit family . It was purely by chance that she found out he left another wife and two kids back home and kids are Ma Shaa Allah all grown up ( one of them in early teens )

She was heart broken , mainly because she thought , all these years she was happily living in an illusion , a fraud , a web of lies . Problems began . The guys offered divorce happily. She accepted and then met a solicitor and put a case on him for fraud .

His passport was withheld and he was asked to leave the country . ( within 5 months of getting his passport , he was stripped of it )

So yes fraud happens , sometimes you catch it , sometimes you dont . If a little more time had went by , she wouldnt have been able to take much action against him .
            what an idiot he was ....I wonder if his first wife knew......what she must have gone through....and ur friend must be heart broken.....unable to trust ppl anymore.......
            God Made The Land, God Made The Sea, God Needed A Princess So He Made Me!

Comment

I really don't know any

my uncle is a British and he has daughters , he may be interested in rishtas but both his daughters and my cousins are not ready
              meri ankhoon ki siyahi ; piya deti gawahi :)

Comment

it is common these days. I have heard many stories. a guy in my extended family married a gori for immigration purpose. he never let her know about his intentions even. but after few years when he got nationality he divorced her. they also had a child. gori kept the baby. the guy remarried right after the divorce to a paki single girl. now they are happliy living in uk

Comment

How horrible of your relative- what a life to give an innocent child and what a thing to do to a wife. I hope family members expressed that to him and others in similar situations will prevent such marriages.

Originally posted by HSN05 View Post
                  it is common these days. I have heard many stories. a guy in my extended family married a gori for immigration purpose. he never let her know about his intentions even. but after few years when he got nationality he divorced her. they also had a child. gori kept the baby. the guy remarried right after the divorce to a paki single girl. now they are happliy living in uk

Comment

Originally posted by whiterice View Post
                    How horrible of your relative- what a life to give an innocent child and what a thing to do to a wife. I hope family members expressed that to him and others in similar situations will prevent such marriages.
                    Many people have no empathy, morals or conscience they design a value system where women and children are just there to satisfy their needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken Biryani View Post

ChickenBiryani,

I am going through exactly the same thing and am looking for a lawyer to put a case of fraud on my husband. PLEASE will you be kind enough to get me details and PM me?

Comment

OP,

like other posters have mentioned, pologmy is not allowed therefore should not warrant any further leave to remain. I am currently going through the same issues. I married my husband 2 years a go, spent a lot of money and effort on getting him sponsored and since day 1 in the UK - things started going wrong. I realized pretty soon that he only applied for nationality and then I started uncovering evidence which proved that he had DEFO married just to get into the country. He has now left me as soon as I had my baby and is starting a new life on his own. I am so upset and torn apart and I feel so used, I do not wish him to stay in this country 1 day longer however immigration is so complicated and deporting them so hard.

I wish this was made clear before hand that once you get them into the country - getting them out is impossible whether or not they are in their initial days of staying here or a couple of years down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeegirl View Post
                          ChickenBiryani,

I am going through exactly the same thing and am looking for a lawyer to put a case of fraud on my husband. PLEASE will you be kind enough to get me details and PM me?
                          You can just get in touch with the immigration office and report fraud. They can do a lot of investigation.

Comment

I hate these type of scum bags and Pakistan is full of them.

We assume the first wife is innocent but sometimes they are just as bad as the guy. My aunty was interested in marrying this dhead from Karachi who claimed he was never married before despite being 40 I think. My aunty insisted on visiting him in Karachi to get to know him and his family as she met his ''relatives'' (his mother, a woman and kids) on skype. Long story short, those woman and kids were his and luckily my aunty was able to dump him before sponsoring him and bringing him over to Europe.
                            Last edited by Paheli00; Apr 8, 2017, 09:47 PM.
                            Pyaar waliyan nu nayio vekh sakda zamaana..

Comment

Originally posted by coffeegirl View Post
                              I wish this was made clear before hand that once you get them into the country - getting them out is impossible whether or not they are in their initial days of staying here or a couple of years down the line.
                              This does my head in.

I'm sorry you're going thru this.
                              Pyaar waliyan nu nayio vekh sakda zamaana..

Comment

Working...
                              X