Married Working Females

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Married Working Females

Those of you females who are married and working, how does the entertainment expense part is managed between you and your spouse.
    When you go out for dinners does your:
    husband pays the bill always or
    At times he pays and at other times you both split or
    At times you pay for and sometimes you split

Also, when you go out for vacation, do you split the cost or the husband pays? or you pay?

Re: Married Working Females

We operate under the assumption that money is a shared resource. There is no he or she, we married, foo. its ours.
    Simple ain't easy.

Comment

it us never pre planned.actually that who z gonna spend money. almost shared

Comment

Once married, every thing is shared, although both of us maintain our banking accounts but that is more to keep our statuses with the banks etc.

Comment

Although all our finances are separate, we treat all money as "ours". Husband pays for all vacations because he's the one who books the plane tickets/hotels etc. Majority of the time husband pays for dinner but I don't hesitate paying with my card if for example, husband isn't at the table when the check is dropped off. I also got a new credit card recently and had to spend a certain amount to get the points so for the last month or so, I've been paying for all dinner/entertainment outings just to hit that limit.

Comment

All $$ is shared.. there is no - your money my money.

Comment

However, i do know of couples who dont share their money but split things up. Some will refuse to even show their bank accounts to the other ..
              For ex, the wife will pay for all household items like soap, food baby clothes, car insurance, etc .. while the husband will pay for dining out, rent ..
              it's really just a personal choice

Comment

Wife's money is only her's to spend as she likes! what I earn we share equally!
                Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

We share. Whatever she makes is mine....whatever I make is ours.
                  The Thread Killer!

Comment

Shared accounts and all money is our money.
                    Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

I've seen it where there are still separate accounts even after they are married because when one person buys something that the other objects to, that will cause arguments over the finances. This way, both have the freedom to do what they want with the money in their own accounts. "Why did you buy this dress or why did you buy such an expensive pair of earrings" wouldn't be such an issue if one is a saver and the other is a spender. This is one of the top 10 reasons for divorce, financially incompatible people.

Comment

I would say if you have to keep your earnings from your spouse, that is as financially incompatible as it gets. How do you plan for all the big things in life you expect to share together?
                        Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Originally posted by fitoor View Post
                          I've seen it where there are still separate accounts even after they are married because when one person buys something that the other objects to, that will cause arguments over the finances. This way, both have the freedom to do what they want with the money in their own accounts. "Why did you buy this dress or why did you buy such an expensive pair of earrings" wouldn't be such an issue if one is a saver and the other is a spender. This is one of the top 10 reasons for divorce, financially incompatible people.
                          Marrying someone with similar financial habits\goals would be a lot more effective than maintaining separate accounts.

I don't think I could live with someone who is comfortable living paycheck to paycheck. Or someone who has a ton of loans but still borrows recklessly (I'm referring to a situation where a person is done with school and has job that pays decent money). That might be socially acceptable but it does not sit right with me.

Comment

OK so it seems that lot of people are okay with sharing finances and wife contributing to pay for vacations/leisure etc as well as for household stuff.
                            i don't know, may be i am still old school and idea of having a wife paying or contributing for things, doesn't sit well with me.

Comment

Originally posted by gudiaali View Post
                              OK so it seems that lot of people are okay with sharing finances and wife contributing to pay for vacations/leisure etc as well as for household stuff.
                              i don't know, may be i am still old school and idea of having a wife paying or contributing for things, doesn't sit well with me.
                              some of my friends and I myself have been contributing equally but at some point in life it seems it is husband;'s responsibility to fulfill basic needs n woman should save for herself or kids but i know thats not possible....
                              God Made The Land, God Made The Sea, God Needed A Princess So He Made Me!

Comment

Working...
                              X