Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pakistani Matrimonial Services - Money Making schemes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistani Matrimonial Services - Money Making schemes?

How much money do these matrimonial services make? I'm sure Shaadi and some of these online companies are making a lot of money, and the few that are free are pretty limited. No one has heard of this one, but Marrymax.com is free, and ISNA matrimonials gives you free access for a week, so you can build some connections if you try in one week. Ironically, the free ones have fewer people, and the expensive engines like Shaadi are probably making a crap load of money.

And rishta aunties and uncles - are they charging and making a business out of this?? I just came across one guy who flies around and makes connections with different families in different cities, and he charges 10,000 ruppees for you to file a profile with him, and then 50K if a nikkah results in Pakistan, and 100K if the nikkah results with US/UK families. !!! I mean think about it. I checked out that guy's website, and in the last week or two alone, he gathered profiles of about 5 or 6 girls, and so that's 50-60K in just putting names and demographics of people on a cheaply made website!!
    I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Re: Pakistani Matrimonial Services - Money Making schemes?

These websites earn a lot. Most of them revenues of $100m+. As for those aunties and uncles, it depends on where they are. In Pakistan, someone working in middle class can earn Rs. 50,000+ a rishta. The rate is charged according to the social ladder and the location. In USA/UK they are mostly 800+ again depending on the circumstances.
    Edit: It's mostly a second job for people as the work is very rocky.

Comment

i would never ever take that route to find a wife! it's disgusting as far as i'm concerned because you never know who you are going to end up. rishta seekers sound so desperate. in this era of fraud, you never know who is seeking rishta for what purpose. i even worry about terrorists out there looking/trapping bhole/bhaale OR bholi bhaali boys/girls.
      Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
      16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

There is an arrangement in our local mosque where people register themselves or their relatives for rishta purpose. They just once have to pay hundred rupees, that too for documentation expenditures. This setup has been working for a couple of years with twenty something success stories to date.

A neighborhood guy in his early thirties works part time as a rishta broker. I will ask him about charges details, agar mulaqat hoi aur mujhay yaad bhi raha..

Comment

That's good naiki ka kaam, I think some masjid Imams have a book where they register your names and will have you exchange contact info with someone compatible. I haven't tried it. Maybe I need to start emailing some masjids.

Comment

^ Haan na aur kia. Start sending them from now. Naik kaam main der nahi karni chahiay

Comment

Originally posted by PyariCgudia View Post
              I just came across one guy who flies around and makes connections with different families in different cities, and he charges 10,000 ruppees for you to file a profile with him, and then 50K if a nikkah results in Pakistan, and 100K if the nikkah results with US/UK families. !!! I mean think about it. I checked out that guy's website, and in the last week or two alone, he gathered profiles of about 5 or 6 girls, and so that's 50-60K in just putting names and demographics of people on a cheaply made website!!
              Wow, that is quite a lot of money! In India a lot of my friends used this rishta aunty. She has a small office where you go and register, provide details about yourself and your desired spouse. She actually does one on one interviews with the family. She has a good rapport with all her clients and is 100% trusted. The fact that you have to go and register eliminates a lot of creepy profiles. She operates on a monthly fee model. I think it's about 1-1.5K Indian rupees a month. She's very very careful about her reputation, because that's how she gets her clients. Yes, she charges a fee, but it is just enough to ensure that only people seriously interested in a rishta enroll, and the trolls stay out.
              There is no one like me. There's only me.

Comment

Woah, that Rishta uncle just posted an ad about every day for the past few days. That's about 50K in one week.

Comment

Originally posted by PyariCgudia View Post
                  Woah, that Rishta uncle just posted an ad about every day for the past few days. That's about 50K in one week.
                  Is that guy in Pakistan or is he based in USA?

Comment

People will pay for services as long as there are people who are willing to offer them.

Comment

If society wasn't so Victorian, I don't think these services would be financed. It's highway robbery taking advantage of families that value segregation as an Islamic virtue. Well, the girls and guys can't meet, so now let's charge them an arm and a leg so they can exchange pictures without feeling like whores/harlets.

Comment

The mosque near us does a rishta service as well. Also heard of this aunty who has a rista business but she doesn't take everyone on. She chooses the people she has after interviewing them. Money wise she has packages and helps choose a package best suited to you and doesn't take the money until a rishta has been found for you. She also accompanies you to meeting each other first and then to each others homes as well.
                        From what I've heard her services are really good and she finds really good matches for everyone.

Comment

oh that's nice.

Comment

If they didnt charge some money we'd get all these random trolls doing these rishta ads for fun. A certain amount is needed to lift the standard but not an excessive amount.

Comment

I met the rishta aunty I was talking about and I have to say the service she is giving is definitely worth the money she charges

Comment

Working...
                              X