Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love in a Time of Rishta Aunties

Love in a time of rishta aunties – The Express Tribune Blog

What do you guys think? Is she depicting the actual climate of relationships in Pakistan these days?
    I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Re: Love in a Time of Rishta Aunties

I think it does show how south asians, including Pakistanis, are obsessed with everyone conforming to marrying at a particular time and there's not that much scope to be individual. Although I think countries in middle east like Saudi Arabia have it worse. The girls there can't even run away if they are made to marry someone they don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by PyariCgudia View Post
      Love in a time of rishta aunties – The Express Tribune Blog

What do you guys think? Is she depicting the actual climate of relationships in Pakistan these days?
      Very well written article
      The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not of those who earned Your Anger, nor of those who went astray. (Al-Fatihah)

Comment

the article as i see was written in 2010. the situation is far worst now. and i wonder by looking at discussions on forums, on comments sections of newspapers, blogs that most people say that it is a sad state of affairs but yet the situation is not improving. the mindsets are not changing and people are becoming demanding day by day.
        seems that all those comments, agreements are just without any spirit.

Comment

Too many cooks spoil the broth. Too many rishta aunties just make things complicated.

Comment

Working...
          X