Inside Gay Pakistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inside Gay Pakistan

Found this on BBC. Gay right activists planning on fighting for gay rights in Pakistan is interesting.
    BBC News - Gay Pakistan: Where sex is available and relationships are difficult

Not really surprising considering there are a lot of wanabes in Pakistan.

Re: Inside Gay Pakistan

tauba tauba

Comment

I am not surprised either . Its just that now its hitting the fan .
      -- Nauman --

Comment

Liberals and NGOs are trying really hard.

Comment

Homosexuality is a major sin so I am against homosexuality. It sad that this is a problem in Pakistan.

Comment

Originally posted by Areeb55 View Post
            Homosexuality is a major sin so I am against homosexuality. It sad that this is a problem in Pakistan.
            Many things happening in Pakistan are a sin. As long as people do it in their own homes, and it doesn't affect me, I don't care.
            If a man speaks in a forest and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?

Comment

Anyone noticed the billi in one of the pics in article. nazren jhukae huwe billo Rani
              We should care for each other more than we care for ideas, or else we will end up killing each other.

Comment

Whats shocking is how its being allowed to happen in public places. We have truly become a nation of hypocrites. We love to kill and burn when a western author writes negatively about Prophet (saw), but keep a blind eye on the sins happening in our public places.

Writer has mentioned how some of this is related to exploration of one's sexuality in a society that does not allow mixing with opposite gender and the boys will be boys attitude of elders towards it. Certainly mixing of opposite gender would not "solve" the problem, it would just shift it to other spectrum. What other steps can our society take to encourage our youth to stay on neutral grounds. Any suggestions?

Comment

^^ But there must be something that homosexuality is growing and well - established in societies like kandahar and saudia arabia where women are shunned out of public eye? I think that there is a reason that I now see why the Prophet (PBUH) said that women's faces could be uncovered as I bet many of the kids in the closed societies probably have more interaction with people from the same gender sort of like the homosexuality in prison dilemma.
                  Say no to 'islamofascism'..

Comment

I am against an indecent display of affection in public places, be it homosexual or heterosexual.

However, it's amusing that some people think homesexuality is a "problem" that can be "solved". Sexuality is not a disease. Can a straight person be taught to be attracted to someone of the same sex? How then do you expect gay people to make the switch?

As a side note, I actually admire gay people in desi societies who had the courage to come out of the closet despite a suffocating social environment. At least they are true to themselves, and are not ruining an innocent person's life by entering into a "convenience" marriage.
                    There is no one like me. There's only me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost14 View Post
                      Many things happening in Pakistan are a sin. As long as people do it in their own homes, and it doesn't affect me, I don't care.
                      We both know that's not going to happen.

Comment

A gay man with two wives and eight kids?
                        Confidence is silent, insecurities are loud..

Comment

Originally posted by LucyMay View Post
                          As a side note, I actually admire gay people in desi societies who had the courage to come out of the closet despite a suffocating social environment. At least they are true to themselves, and are not ruining an innocent person's life by entering into a "convenience" marriage.
                          Agree..
                          Confidence is silent, insecurities are loud..

Comment

Originally posted by LucyMay View Post
                            I am against an indecent display of affection in public places, be it homosexual or heterosexual.

However, it's amusing that some people think homesexuality is a "problem" that can be "solved". Sexuality is not a disease. Can a straight person be taught to be attracted to someone of the same sex? How then do you expect gay people to make the switch?

There is a difference between this and being gay because someone else is gay e.g. goray people.

Comment

Originally posted by Doppleganger View Post
                              ^^ But there must be something that homosexuality is growing and well - established in societies like kandahar and saudia arabia where women are shunned out of public eye? I think that there is a reason that I now see why the Prophet (PBUH) said that women's faces could be uncovered as I bet many of the kids in the closed societies probably have more interaction with people from the same gender sort of like the homosexuality in prison dilemma.
                              I am not aware of any such saying of Prophet (saw). Only incidence I can remember is when he took the veil off his wife's face so a companion (or some other man) would not think that nauzobillah he (saw) was with some other woman.

And Pakistan is nowhere close to saudi arabia where women are shunned out of public places. In my opinion, lack of discussion between parent and children about their sexuality is the biggest culprit. In pakistan, parents just dont feel comfortable talking to their children (boys mostly) about sexuality, leaving them to "explore" it on their own.

Comment

Working...
                              X