I Love You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Love You

How many of you actually say these words to your husband or wife?

Do you feel bad when you don't hear them?

How do you define love?

What does between a husband and wife mean to you?

And is it possible to have that before years of marriage?
    Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Re: I Love You

There was a group of women gathered at a seminar on how to live in a loving relationship with your husband.

The women were asked, ‘How many of you love your husbands?’

All the women raised their hands.

Then they were asked, ‘When was the last time you told your husband you loved him?’

Some women answered today, some yesterday, some didn’t remember.

The women were then told to take their cell phones and send the following text: “I love you, sweetheart.”

Then the women were told to exchange phones and read the responding text messages.

Here are some of the replies:

1. Ah, mother of my children, are you sick ?

2. I love you too !!

3. Did you crash the car again ?

4. What did you do now? I won’t forgive you this time !!

5. Don’t beat about the bush, just tell me how much you need?

6. Am I dreaming?

7. If you don’t tell me who this message is actually for, someone will die.

8. I asked you not to drink anymore dint i ??

9. WHO is that ?
    "This world (i.e., its pleasures and duration) in comparison with the Hereafter is (similar to the amount of water) one gets when he puts his finger in the sea. Let him then see what it returns with".[Muslim].

Comment

^lol. Made me smile after having a really bad day.

Comment

Hahaha #4

Comment

Were these cheesy expressions used before advent of modern media/literature?? like 100 years ago or so??

Anybody heard any real experiences from old folks??
          Insulting and inflammatory signatures are not allowed, but posts are

Comment

^ butt sahib...Ap aur apki butt-ness !!!
            "This world (i.e., its pleasures and duration) in comparison with the Hereafter is (similar to the amount of water) one gets when he puts his finger in the sea. Let him then see what it returns with".[Muslim].

Comment

Originally posted by prototype View Post
              ^ butt sahib...Ap aur apki butt-ness !!!
              Whats so butty about taht post

Comment

lol nothing. what did you understand from butt-ness? let's explore buttism

Comment

i didnt' understand...thats why i asked......

PS: buttism would be another topic altogether.......

Comment

actions speak louder than words...if you love someone, it shows! if you take care of your spouse, it's a loud and clear statement that he/she loves you...

...having said that, saying "i LOVE you" is like the icing on the cake!
                    Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
                    16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Love as an expression of feeling is overused. I love that film, I love this skirt, I love the moon.
                      Love itself, who knows how to define it. I think of it as a kind of mutual belonging/possession/sanctuary sort of set up. There are many ways of letting your partner know they are your love, the 'I love you' phrase is the least of them.

Comment

I think Reha, that love is relative between husband and wife. And being relative, it grows over time. So yes, there is love before years of marriage, it is just more immature and less solid than the love of maturity. It has its own peccadilloes, its own idiosyncrasies. For some, it entails saying I love you daily, for others it could be receiving a flower, cooking a nice meal, taking a long drive, laying out clothes, taking care of someone when sick. Various forms, various expressions. I think it is important to hear/say it and act upon it too.
                        I'm sarcastic because it is the body's natural defense against stupid.

Comment

Perfectly round crunchy paratha and a cup of chai................... without asking for it.........now that is real love..

Comment

Originally posted by el topo View Post
                            Love as an expression of feeling is overused. I love that film, I love this skirt, I love the moon.
                            Love itself, who knows how to define it. I think of it as a kind of mutual belonging/possession/sanctuary sort of set up. There are many ways of letting your partner know they are your love, the 'I love you' phrase is the least of them.

Agree. Sometimes I feel like the three words are abstract/vague and in comparison receiving a compliment that is more specific and has substance....can have a greater impact than an "I love you." The sentiment can be expressed in so many ways, even in seemingly mundane ways that we take for granted. Subtlety in expression has its own special charm/magic....one that the more showy, blunt, let-the-whole-world-know type gestures can lack.

Comment

Hmmm

Comment

Working...
                              X