Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overcoming heartbreak..what would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here in life we have a lot of great threads on different relationship/life issues but I couldn't find a general one on heartbreak so I thought i'd make this. I've made friends here who have gone through heartbreaking things like cheating spouses, broken rishtas due to personal/family issues. It would be nice to have a collective positive thread on how to overcome such heartbreak. What have you personally done? What have others you have known done? Has anyone had positive stories when they've given up hope and they find someone amazing? Do you have any words of encouragement, advice and hope for others? Do you have any songs, poems and quotes that helped you there. And most of all let us do dua/prayers for all in this situation or were in this situation. If you have any duas that have helped you please post here. Thanks in advance everyone My duas/prayers for all in this situation. Just know this too shall pass...and there is light at the end of the day. There is a rainbow after rain and day after night.

Re: Overcoming heartbreak..what would you do?

If I can endure for this minute
    Whatever is happening to me,
    No matter how heavy my heart is
    Or how dark the moment may be-

If I can remain calm and quiet
    With all the world crashing about me,
    Secure in the knowledge God loves me
    When everyone else seems to doubt me-

If I can but keep on believing
    What I know in my heart to be true,
    That darkness will fade with the morning
    And that this will pass away, too-

Then nothing in life can defeat me
    For as long as this knowledge remains
    I can suffer whatever is happening
    For I know God will break all of the chains

That are binding me tight in the darkness
    And trying to fill me with fear-
    For there is no night without dawning
    And I know that my morning is near.

...Helen Steiner Rice

Comment

heartbreak can be overcome if you hibernate for a good SIX months! my observation is based on how the bears take it...they sleep it out and when they wake up, they are ever ready to start a new fling!
      Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
      16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Only one thing...........time....
        Insulting and inflammatory signatures are not allowed, but posts are

Comment

Originally posted by Khalil KhaaN FaaKhta View Post
          heartbreak can be overcome if you hibernate for a good SIX months! my observation is based on how the bears take it...they sleep it out and when they wake up, they are ever ready to start a new fling!
          haha true. i'd probably listen to sad Bollywood numbers or sad songs throughout..lol but also some happy ones like this. with no contact with the outside world I will soon resemble a bear. in the end we are alone. lets remember the good memories..forget those who don't deserve our time and throw out the gham till we find someone who values our tears ..someone you can grow old with and love unconditionally Such a love is worth waiting for as it makes the love/rishtas before pale into insignificance.

Comment

Originally posted by ButtSb View Post
            Only one thing...........time....
            truer words were never said BUttsb. Time heals all.

Comment

D2LK, bringing change to GS.

Comment

There is no actual right answer for this. You can over-come heart break by focusing and re-shifting your heart and energy into yourself. Most of us..find comfort in spirituality. Now..yes..as humans..these emotions bother us..but we have remind ourselves that..now we need to be better. Learn from it..and make sure..not to repeat negative stuff..
                "Har Koi Deta Hai Zakham Gin Gin Kay ....
                Mein Kis Kis Zakham Ko Apna Naseeb Samjhoon"
                By Royal Gala

Comment

Chocolate chip cookies and tall glass of cold milk works wonders

Comment

roll around in achar

Repeat the above step until contentment and solace is reached.

Have a few mooli wali parathay on stand by
                    pass de dutchie

Comment

Lol at achaar.

Praying. Driving in the dark. Crying. Thinking and reliving it. Until your mind gets numb and finally moves on.
                      I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Learning from your mistakes, Taking positive steps in future, and remembering Allah more & more. At the end its only HIM.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketSocket View Post
                          D2LK, bringing change to GS.
                          haha thanks yaar. bringing change one city at a time from delhi to Lahore then Karachi. phir uske baad Dhaka and katmandu. jk.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight express 91 View Post
                            roll around in achar

Repeat the above step until contentment and solace is reached.

Have a few mooli wali parathay on stand by
                            wow such a genius idea. never heard it before but its worth a try. im jk.

Comment

Thats a good thread. Some of you might remember me from my posts few months back when i broke up few days before marriage. At that time, i got very pessimistic and yeah it was a really hard time. Hardest things were feelings of humiliation in my social circle, feeling of being betrayed and many other things. At that time i used to think that if my life will not change drastically soon then i ll definitely need psychiatric help. But things got better eventually. I started learning a new language, i excelled more in my work and i started feeling more and more better.

Now, i think i am much more confident and happier than before. Most importantly, i am again in a relationship (got nikkahfied ) and at times i feel like this was the best decision i ever took and my heart is filled with nothing but happiness.

So moral of the story IMO is:

1: Make yourself respectable in your eyes (you think low of yourself, you can never achieve happiness)
                              2: Make your own happiness priority (ofcourse without getting mean to others)
                              3: You cannot achieve success without taking some risks in your life.

Comment

Working...
                              X