Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats more difficult? Finding a good Job or Rishta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats more difficult? Finding a good Job or Rishta?

The processes seems equally excruciating.......what you say?\1. Job2. Rishta
    Insulting and inflammatory signatures are not allowed, but posts are

Re: Whats more difficult? Finding a good Job or Rishta?

Job

It's easy to get one and easy to quit.

Marriage on the other hand, not that easy to get out of (that is if something is wrong).

Comment

I wasn't talking about leaving......just getting it

Comment

I guess it depends what job and what type of rishta. too many expectations can make it equally hard but I would say job then rishta.

Comment

rishta, because even if you find what you want does NOT guarantee what you'll get...in case of job, at least you know what you applied for and what you will get.
          Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
          16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

not always mr.kkf....... a lot of times you don't know what you are getting yourself into......like the kind of environment the company has, the work ethic, the nature of job etc etc........

Comment

Originally posted by ButtSb View Post
              not always mr.kkf....... a lot of times you don't know what you are getting yourself into......like the kind of environment the company has, the work ethic, the nature of job etc etc........
              i was talking about the job as compared to the girl...not it's or her environment.
              Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!

Comment

Job. Rishta comes with it.

Comment

Job is easy if you have talent, rishta is easy if you have money.

Comment

Yes! Good job brings good rishta!

Comment

Originally posted by Hinamajid View Post
                      not really! not in my case at least!!

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer View Post
                        Job is easy if you have talent, rishta is easy if you have money.
                        money - are u sure? what abt if one has money but bad character? i rather someone with less money but gd character. money isnt every thing.

i feel a rishta is harder to find.

Comment

Both are difficult for us who fall smack-dab in the middle of Gaussian distribution, aka the average folks. Now if you're a beauty queen/greek god or Einstein's progency then either of the two, or if you also happen to be extra lucky then both, would come easy and my following pointers can be ignored by you oh-so-blessed souls.

1. Both require you to sell yourself (why you make an ideal candidate for the job, their beta or their beti)
                          2. Both require you to put your best foot forward (Nice suit, sell steeped tea, nazaraain neechee)
                          3. Both require a helluva embellishment on resume/biodayytaa
                          4. Both has certain criteria that need to be met before you can be even considered for the opening/rishta
                          5. Both require tremendous networking efforts (rishta aunties, alumni, headhunters, quran khawanees)
                          6. Both are made somewhat easy (or some would say fraught with fraud) through online presence
                          7. Both require you to blow the competition out of the water
                          8. Both require a significant effort on your part to not let the rejection get to you
                          9. Both require you to be at the right place at the right time
                          10. In the end, both can be decided for or against you over something as subjective as likeability/chemistry

Comment

I think it is harder to find a good rishta than jobs. There are a lot more people involved in rishta process/decision making. With jobs, usually it is 1-3 people who will be deciding whether to hire you or not. Also, if you have the right credentials/contacts, it isn't so hard to find the right job. But with rishtas, sometimes you have everything and even then it doesn't work out.
                            For a lot of people, a job is not a lifelong commitment so the stakes are lower. Even if you end up in a place that you absolutely hate, it isn't the end of the world and you can get out without much loss. However, with shaadi, there are a lot more people involved who can be affected by the breakup and it will also be much harder for the couple to re-marry, especially once kids are in the picture. So I definitely think a job/promotion can come and go. It isn't that big of a deal. But there is a lot more vested in a relationship and you can afford to lose a whole lot if you are with the wrong person.
                            Kabhi kahin lag jaaye dil to, kahin phir dil na lage.

Comment

Originally posted by Hinamajid View Post
                              No! Good job only brings lalchi rishta!
                              RV is BA!

Comment

Working...
                              X