Making Friends at Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making Friends at Work

For many people, a lot of time is spent at work. Over half the day often. Often, the entire day, so that the only time you spend home is when you get home to sleep.

So in situations like this where your life is predominantly work, what are your thoughts on making friends at work?
    I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Re: Making Friends at Work

Last edited by RocketSocket; Aug 17, 2013, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Make friends at work but realize that work friends are not the same thing asREAL friends....... dont confuse the 2.
      The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

^ Agreed. I hang out with co-workers during lunch and after work sometimes....but always watch what I say. I don't say anything to my co-workers that I would not want to repeat in front of my boss or a future employer or a client.

Comment

Well make frnz at work
          Thats a good thing n u'll enjoy ur time while working but dnt mix those with the oldies or real best frnz as they r diamonds
          My Attitude :
          If you want to say bad things about me behind my back,
          Come in front of me, I'll tell you more 3:)

Comment

I can understand people saying to make friends but to also be careful what you say around them...after all these are people you work with so you must keep it professional. With that said, I don't think you should dismiss the opportunity to make long lasting friendships at work. Some of the closest and longest lasting friendships I have today are with friends I met at work.

Comment

Work has a whole different set of challenges as opposed to school. I know for a fact, one of my closest friends is one that went through a ton of crap with me at my previous job. If we did not have each other to lean on and support we both would have literally gone to the loony bin....our boss was seriously the biggest most evil whack job dictator in the world.

Comment

Look for company rules. It's a corporate world so don't get sentimental either. Just Hi/Bye and some small talks are fine.

Comment

Some of my bestest friends are ones I made at work. I mean you spend half your life at work and the rest with family. How else does one make friends if you're not in highschool or college?

My friends from work and I do a ton of stuff outside of work, skiing, boating, one friend has carte blanche at my house, he has keys, he comes and goes as he pleases and I have the same privilege at his house.

Not sure why people think friends made at work are not "real" friends.

Comment

I made a lot of friends at work.

Comment

Originally posted by aahmed View Post
                      Not sure why people think friends made at work are not "real" friends.

I guess it depends on your own experiences, no?

I mean you can be friendly, outgoing and all but if it came down to it I just wouldn't trust a coworker the way I'd trust a friend I"ve made outside of work.
                      The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Depends on the person.
                        Insulting and inflammatory signatures are not allowed, but posts are

Comment

make friends at work. its good. adds spur to the work life.
                          however, if friends at work can be your best friends or not depends on you and on them.
                          generally i am friendly with my co-workers, with my juniors and with my seniors too but have only one friend from work who i count as one of my bestest buddy.

Comment

It's the work place, so I would tread with caution ...especially in my field which is predominantly female and tends to be fraught with drama.

Comment

I met some of my closest friends through work.

Comment

Working...
                              X