Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant find a good Muslimah wife for my younger brother.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my brother is 27 now, my mom and I have been looking for a wife for him. But its just so difficult. My brother has never had any female friends really. He prays 4-5 namaz a day and follows Islam properly. We are located in Canada. He was born and raised in Pakistan. Now he has a job in petroleum engineering and is making really good money MashAllah. We have been looking for 2 years now and still no luck. One girl came close and my brother even met her but the girl smoked shisha and my brother didn't so he said no right after. Now hes really kind of lost hope in marriage and says kismat mein hi nahi hai. I just feel so bad, hes a nice guy and average looking, follows deen but still cant find a wife who would appreciate such qualities. We have looked in our rishtedar and all still no luck, even talked to a couple of rishta aunties but no reply back. Any advice on what to do or where to look? I was thinking of online websites matrimonial ones, but I have heard some bad stuff about it so I don't know? Please any advice would be good.

Re: Cant find a good Muslimah wife for my younger brother.

Your brother sounds like a molvi type. You have a very narrow pool of eligible chics........ it would be a good idea to register with muslim matrimonial site. I know two canadians who got hitched from the half deen something website.
    Insulting and inflammatory signatures are not allowed, but posts are

Comment

Urgh, plenty of girls out there. Maybe you guys aren't socializing enough. It's more women out there than men, and given that he has a job and he's under 40, he's got a solid chance. Just keep looking.

Matrimonials can be hit/miss, btw. But more normal women on there than men, for sure.

But if he's in Pakistan, there are so many girls there. Just tell him to hang out at a college.
      I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

He may have religious friends- check around if they have sisters, cousins, etc.

Also, looking online is not so bad. I've heard of success stories. I know of some people married off singlemuslim.com. And the guy was kind of religious.
        Last edited by Maria01; Aug 17, 2013, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Where in Canada? I'm guessing Alberta? From what I've seen here, religious guys who are educated are in demand. A friend of mine kept getting proposals weeks after he was already engaged. You brother isn't very old. I got married at around the same age.
          Tell your assassin to aim for her head...because she doesn't have a heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
            Where in Canada? I'm guessing Alberta? From what I've seen here, religious guys who are educated are in demand. A friend of mine kept getting proposals weeks after he was already engaged. You brother isn't very old. I got married at around the same age.

Right because so few of them. Most guys are trolls.
            I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Originally posted by PyariCgudia View Post
              Right because so few of them. Most guys are trolls.
              Do you mean to say that OP here is a troll? I don't get what you're trying to say.
              Tell your assassin to aim for her head...because she doesn't have a heart.

Comment

What the heck is wrong with smoking sheesha. Yo man..i would like that..if my wife smoked hukkah as well..
                "Har Koi Deta Hai Zakham Gin Gin Kay ....
                Mein Kis Kis Zakham Ko Apna Naseeb Samjhoon"
                By Royal Gala

Comment

Originally posted by Khalil KhaaN FaaKhta
                  is sheesha like Huqqa?
                  yes it is the same thing. but generally ppl are not addicted to hookah. it's not like cigarettes although it is believed to be worse than smoking cigarettes. cigarettes are addictive.

Comment

I also fail to see how smoking sheesha means someone is not a good muslimah?

Comment

first of all...no need sound so hopeless: he's only 27. its a good age for marriage but its not an extremely late age to be looking to get married.

- before trying matrimonial sites, why dont you try the nearest masjid in toronto/alberta/wherever in canada you are. I'm sure there are going to be soo many great hijabi muslim girls. The ones that show up to the masjid on a regular basis out of their own accord, dont go to shisha lounges on friday nights so its probly a safe bet. Ask the imam to make an announcement or ask the sister's rep. to recommend some girls.
                      and fyi there's plenty of great muslim girls (as conservative or as liberal as you want em). stop sounding like you've searched the four corners of the earth and there's just no one good enough for your prince charming of a brother. i'm sure he's a good musliim guy but please make sure your standards/requirements are a bit flexible also..there's no such thing as perfection.

Comment

Originally posted by Xtron View Post
                        What the heck is wrong with smoking sheesha. Yo man..i would like that..if my wife smoked hukkah as well..
                        You're inhaling tobacco smoke, whether it's flavoured or not makes no difference. While sheesha is not as harmful as cigarettes, and research is conflicting, they all conclude that you are in fact inhaling carcinogens are harming your body, which, from an Islamic point of view, is not allowed.

I don't see the logic in avoiding alcohol but smoking cigarettes and sheesha. If all things are taken in moderation, the latter are worse imo.
                        If a man speaks in a forest and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?

Comment

^yar..i smoke once in a while..not every week. But you're right though..bro.
                          "Har Koi Deta Hai Zakham Gin Gin Kay ....
                          Mein Kis Kis Zakham Ko Apna Naseeb Samjhoon"
                          By Royal Gala

Comment

The wise poster above has all the answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost14 View Post
                              You're inhaling tobacco smoke, whether it's flavoured or not makes no difference. While sheesha is not as harmful as cigarettes, and research is conflicting, they all conclude that you are in fact inhaling carcinogens are harming your body, which, from an Islamic point of view, is not allowed.

I don't see the logic in avoiding alcohol but smoking cigarettes and sheesha. If all things are taken in moderation, the latter are worse imo.
                              But that's if things are taken in moderation. The short term risks are far greater with alcohol, what if you get carried away, get wasted? Who knows what you're gonna do? Not even talking about religion, with cigarettes you're killing yourself ( fine by me, as long as I don't have to take care of you when you're dying), with alcohol you have the potential to kill me or people I love.

Comment

Working...
                              X