Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do grown up children have a right to use things owned by parents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islamically are grown-up children entitled to use the things owned by their parents without their agreement?
    like can a married son and his wife use the car which is owned by the mother even if she tells them not to use it? likewise what about the things like home appliances, if these things are earned and owned by the parents and they don't want their married kids and their wives to use it then are the married kids still entitled to use it or they will be held accountable for using it.

Re: Do grown up children have a right to use things owned by parents?

Why would you do something that your parents disagree with.

Comment

Weirdest thread starter ever.
      OMG Paki!

Comment

Why bring religion into something that is clearly against basic decency and common sense?
        There is no one like me. There's only me.

Comment

If the mother tells them not to use her car or any of her other belongings, they're not supposed to.
          Tell your assassin to aim for her head...because she doesn't have a heart.

Comment

Originally posted by gudiaali View Post
            Islamically are grown-up children entitled to use the things owned by their parents without their agreement?

like can a married son and his wife use the car which is owned by the mother even if she tells them not to use it? likewise what about the things like home appliances, if these things are earned and owned by the parents and they don't want their married kids and their wives to use it then are the married kids still entitled to use it or they will be held accountable for using it.
            Islamically, to take or use anything without permission is considered to be a ghasib act, no?

Mind you, not being able to use a refrigerator that's in the house means the family relationship has bigger issues.
            You can't buy happiness, but you can buy shoes and that's kinda the same thing...

Comment

My mother tells me I'm grown up but I refuse to start wiping my own butt.
              If a man speaks in a forest and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?

Comment

I am sensing this to be another bahu and saas issue, just worded differently to bait us.

Comment

Like Sehrysh pointed out, there seems to be bigger issues at hand here, than just the use of parental possessions...care to elaborate/tell the real story?

Waisay, on a side note, this sense of entitlement is what is dreadfully wrong with society today. Please leave religion out of it.

Comment

saas bahu issues don't need baiting........
                    Insulting and inflammatory signatures are not allowed, but posts are

Comment

You have a point ButtSb but lately folks on here are going through same ol drama fatigue.

Comment

PCG did bring some 'enthusiasm' back to the place.....but she stopped
                        Insulting and inflammatory signatures are not allowed, but posts are

Comment

Originally posted by gudiaali View Post
                          Err no.. common-sense should tell them they can't just take or borrow things which aren't theirs..

If mother has a problem with them using home appliances might be time to move out as well..
                          Confidence is silent, insecurities are loud..

Comment

if someone requests you NOT to use anything that belongs to him/her, it's morally, legally and ethically WRONG to do so.

i wonder if any parent would NOT want his/her children to use appliances, cars [unless the married son/daughter had an accident]...there is more serious issues between them than just use of appliances and/or automobiles. that demands attention before anything else.
                            Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
                            16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Yes, it would be wrong.

Taking liberty with their things especially after they've made it clear to you that you can't will only worsen relations. So avoid doing so just for this reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X