Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birds of a feather

There's a saying: "Birds of a feather flock together."

How much do you judge people by the company they keep?
    Do you think it's fair?

Let's say there's two people (let's keep it gender neutral for argument's sake) who are very good friends with each other.

One person is someone most people would consider.....not a very decent person, while the other one has a better reputation.

Let's say you're good friends with the non-creep....they have all the traits that you consider in a good person.

Would you still judge them for being friends with the "creep"?
    If you know that people lump them together ("Oh they're both 'bad'"), do you think you owe it to the "good" one to tell them how their reputation may be?

I have lots of mixed thoughts on this, so wanted to discuss this I guess.

Re: Birds of a feather

No

Comment

I wouldn't care at all...just because I don't like someone doesn't mean everyone has to.
      Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

Yes, if you hang out with bee jamalo's, I will think you're one too and stay the hell away from you.
        I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

On paper no one would really judge you for hanging out with the non-creep (i would prefer not to call any one creep or non-creep though) but the fact of the matter is, you'll be judged. There are very few people who'd actually mean it when they say it won't matter to them.

Having said that, I have made and retained friends with people with not-so-good reputation in some aspects (not necessarily objectionable character) so I'd understand if other people don't want to be friends with me because of them.
          The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not of those who earned Your Anger, nor of those who went astray. (Al-Fatihah)

Comment

Working...
          X