X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Successful career woman = egomaniac and all things selfish

Originally posted by Qaidabad View Post
    Ghar basanay wali.

Egomaniacs, preoccupied with success/power, exploitative, relationship malignant, extremely pragmatic and predators need not apply.

I am in different as far as housewife or a working wife. If Prophet PBUH wasn't bothered, who am I? Since men are not allowed to touch a wife's income anyways, it doesn't really make a difference to me if she does or not. If she shares it with the house, cool, if not, that's still kosher.

I am a Pakistani living in the States, am not married. With my requirements, I probably never will be. That leaves my queen bed aaaaall to my self. Yes!

Rather than take the other thread down a tangent it wasn't intended to traverse, I thought I'd open up a new thread.

And while I'm not trying to misconstrue the poster's intention, I can't help but wonder - why would anyone assume that having a career and succeeding in a career would make a woman:

egomaniac, pre-occupied with success/power, exploitative, relationship malignant, extremely pragmatic (I don't actually understand how pragmatism is a bad thing, btw) and predators.

Is that truly that commonly prevailing belief: that a woman wanting a successful career automatically is a bad woman? Why can't a woman be both an uber-successful career woman and a happy homemaker?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy shoes and that's kinda the same thing...

Re: Successful career woman = egomaniac and all things selfish

Where does the person state that a successful career woman is all those things

Wth..or maybe I misread the post...OK just re read it and still don't see what you see.

Comment

Women should go and earn too. That way I can be the first stay at home desi farigh aadmi with all that paisa
      ''Bohat nazuk surat-e-haal hai''

Check out whats going on in hangout forums. Click to Visit

See whats up in Rendezvous. Click to visit

Head on in to Entertainment. Click to Visit

What are the good folks in Society up to? Click to Visit

What's life without culture? Click to Visit

How is your lifestyle? Click to Visit

Interested in technology and science? Click to Visit

Have feedback or issue on GS to share? Click to Visit

Comment

Thats just your insecurity woman...you missed this.."I am in different as far as housewife or a working wife. If Prophet PBUH wasn't bothered, who am I?}"""....................... PS: in many cases (not all) the association of 'career-woman' with those 'bad' qualities holds true............ a career woman is a career woman because she calls herself that..i.e. she defines herself by her career....get it?
        Insulting and inflammatory signatures are not allowed, but posts are

Comment

She not be a "bad" woman but she is certainly is a tough woman to please. I know that because I am one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sehrysh View Post
            Rather than take the other thread down a tangent it wasn't intended to traverse, I thought I'd open up a new thread.

And while I'm not trying to misconstrue the poster's intention, I can't help but wonder - why would anyone assume that having a career and succeeding in a career would make a woman:

egomaniac, pre-occupied with success/power, exploitative, relationship malignant, extremely pragmatic (I don't actually understand how pragmatism is a bad thing, btw) and predators.

Is that truly that commonly prevailing belief: that a woman wanting a successful career automatically is a bad woman? Why can't a woman be both an uber-successful career woman and a happy homemaker?
            I also don't see him implying that all career oriented women are like that. What I understand from his post is that there are some who do, and perhaps at most that those qualities would be easier to find in career oriented women. Maybe he'll clarify that for us now that you started the thread.
            Tell your assassin to aim for her head...because she doesn't have a heart.

Comment

Originally posted by ButtSb View Post
              Thats just your insecurity woman...you missed this.."I am in different as far as housewife or a working wife. If Prophet PBUH wasn't bothered, who am I?}"""....................... PS: in many cases (not all) the association of 'career-woman' with those 'bad' qualities holds true............ a career woman is a career woman because she calls herself that..i.e. she defines herself by her career....get it?
              I didn't misread what he wrote. I read it carefully. I did add the caveat that I wasn't trying to misconstrue his intentions - I used it an example, which funny enough your post-script sort of validates. There seems to be an assumption that if a woman has a career and she's good at it, then she has certain other bad qualities - and yes I see you wrote "in many, not all cases" as your own qualifier.

You're saying a career woman defines herself as such - that's not necessarily true. Other people might define her as a career woman, but it's one facet of who she is. Here's the flip side - if a man is a career-man and he's succussful in his career, do other assume he has those same bad qualities or can he be both a good father and a successful career-man?

P.S. I had no intention to attack that poster, and if he feels that way, I will apologize in advance - I merely used it as a springboard for a conversation-starter.
              You can't buy happiness, but you can buy shoes and that's kinda the same thing...

Comment

I usually see people confusing an employed woman as career oriented woman which isn't true. Employment is something else whilst building a career is something totally different. One becomes an accepted routine to make a living whilst the latter requires serious dedication, tough decisions, commitment, compromises - it is in a nutshell a very bumpy ride.

Comment

I still don't see why a post that had no bad intentions is being misconstrued this way. We can discuss how people view career women without misinterpreting someone's post.

He didn't even say some career women are like that. From my understanding it had nothing to do with careers.

Comment

As Jolie put it, i was referring to a "Career Woman" not necesarily a working/employed one. ...............My statement was based on an assumption/belief that I hold (which you or others might not have) which is that a woman's PRIMARY strength/importance/role is of caring and nurturing......... there might be women who can manage both career and what i said........but there are only so many superhumans out there......... they would be very few.....

Comment

Maybe I should have quoted you instead of qaidabad - it may have ruffled fewer feathers, since you apparently don't disagree with the the premise of the thread - many/most successful career-women have bad qualities and aren't good homemakers

Comment

You couldn't have quoted me, because i didn't post it when you opened this thread........

Comment

Originally posted by ButtSb View Post
                          You couldn't have quoted me, because i didn't post it when you opened this thread........
                          The comment wasn't meant to be read literally. Gosh, no one allows for any creative license these days!

Comment

Edit , misread something.

Comment

Originally posted by Jolie View Post
                              I usually see people confusing an employed woman as career oriented woman which isn't true. Employment is something else whilst building a career is something totally different. One becomes an accepted routine to make a living whilst the latter requires serious dedication, tough decisions, commitment, compromises - it is in a nutshell a very bumpy ride.

This.

Also, you can't really be the bholi bhali naive simple stay-at-home-girl while having a successful career now can you? I don't think most people are like that in real life--most of the time some personality traits cross over into work and vice versa.
                              The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Working...
                              X