If your dad took a second wife..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your dad took a second wife..

..whilst still married to your mum what would you do? How would you deal with it?

(and no, this is not happening to me)
    Confidence is silent, insecurities are loud..

Re: If your dad took a second wife..

Hypothetical vs. reality is totally different.
    Say no to 'islamofascism'..

Comment

My mom's a terror I totally get it.

KIDDDINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG - sorta
      I have OCD: Obsessive Cullens Disorder
      Bite Me! -- Please
      I like running with scissors...makes me feel dangerous

Comment

Depends on if your mum was okay with it. I know a few people with two wives and it's usually cos the first wife couldn't have kids. otherwise...dunno
        It's all fun and smiles until you get bitten by a shark.

Comment

Allah na kare...to answer your question i would say depends where we live.

if we live in a country where polygamy is illegal, i'll inform the authorities and take him to court.

if we live in a country where it's legal, i'll give him a choice...either he does NOT marry another woman, or he must divorce my mom. if he chooses latter, i'll take my family with me and just chuck him out of our lives for good.
          Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
          16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Even if my mom was okay with it I would find it weird.
            Last edited by Ramsha; Nov 17, 2011, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeba1234 View Post
              ..whilst still married to your mum what would you do? How would you deal with it?

(and no, this is not happening to me)
              because second marriage is not as horrible as we made it sound (because its much better than someone's dad sleeping with another woman, which btw happens so often in our society), i say that it depends upon the reasons of that second marriage.
              People are afraid of what they don't understand

Comment

^In theory it's not as bad as adultery but the way a lot of men practise it in real life can be worse (eg first wife and family being totally neglected in favour of no.2, constant lies and little to no financial support with possibly a whole life ahead of that for them as opposed to maybe a short fling or affair.. swings and roundabouts really I guess)..

I wonder how many women could forgive or get over a single short affair as opposed to a permanent 'other woman?' Esp if lies are involved in both cases..

To those who are fine with it (or even encourage their husbands to go down that route) good for them..
                Last edited by Deeba1234; Nov 17, 2011, 06:58 PM.

Comment

i wouldn't acknowledge her. they can live in their own little world. can't really stop adults, you can reason with them i guess.

Comment

^What about the kids.. new half-brothers and sisters? Do you think you'd acknowledge them or keep a distance?

Comment

^i'd be cordial or indifferent. they have nothing to do with others actions..

Comment

Originally posted by Doppleganger View Post
                        Hypothetical vs. reality is totally different.
                        What do u think would happen in reality?

Comment

My friend's dad took a second wife nearly a year ago ( they all live here in uk )
                          and has kids with the first wife who are all grown up.

At first the kids didnt want to know him and felt betrayed,hurt even hatred for him.
                          But the first wife even though wasnt happy or in agreement wanted her husband to fulfill his responsibilities as a father
                          to his kids so made sure he did all the things he did before like trash out, pay their bills ( some of ) drop off/pick up kids from college

The kids now have to go along with their mum's decision to have him there doing his job and only speak to him if they have to
                          In a way why give him the easy way out and swan off with the 2nd wife? make him feel the stress of running two households...

Now though that anger is back as my friends dad has now had a baby with 2nd wife - and they don't know how to feel
                          should they feel resentment? should they ask how the baby is?as this was bound to happen one day or another...

Dont know what i would have done if it was my dad....but for sure would give hubby hell and he knows it so wouldn't dare
                          Dream as you'll live forever...live as you will die today....

Comment

this is one of those situations where no matter what you say, it wouldnt be how youd actually act in that situation
                            I'm sarcastic because it is the body's natural defense against stupid.

Comment

i would feel bad.
                              very bad.
                              very hurt.
                              and i would hate him.
                              'werent we enough for him?' this question would bother me alot.

Comment

Working...
                              X