Naik n Shareef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naik n Shareef

how can we tell someone is naik and shareef???
    "There are two rules for ultimate success in life: #1. Never tell everything you know." ;)

Re: Naik n Shareef

They have a good reputation within the community. Their words and actions match up. They are considerate of others....and try their best to treat others as they would want to be treated themselves. They apologize when they're wrong. They commmunicate respectfully to all people...even during conflicts. They can maintain the trust of others (trustworthy).

There are many qualities (and they are emphasized in Islam)....besides adhering to religious practices such as namaz/roza/etc.... that make one a naik person/good Muslim. Although I've seen that there are some people who will pray the namaz and fulfill other rituals in a timely manner.....but are lacking in character...especially in their interactions with other people. That said....it's not simple. There are many things that need to be looked at when making such an assessment.

Comment

if someone respect elders, show love to children, polite to parents, good with friends, pray five times a day, do fasting in the month of ramadan, lower gaze when see opposite gender, and pay zakah each year. I will consider him/her as Naik and Shareef.
      and those who say, Our Lord, Give us, from our spouses and our children, comfort of eyes, and make us heads of the God-fearing.
      [25:74]

Comment

you cant unless u get to know them too well.Infact being naik and shareef is over hyped. When people say they are very shareef,i like to say so am i
        Vekh hun.

Comment

When they talk to u, they don't look straight at you or into your eyes...

They are modest ...

They keep the conversation short and to the point...

They show respect to you and others around you...

They don't go clubbing, drinking etc etc

i'll add to the list later, if other's don't do so before me...and some of the above it does depend on the context, like the first one, if the person is talking to their mother or father it would be quite rude not to look at them or in the eyes...but yeh

Comment

you can tell by living with them
            Marr te gaye aaN ........per Chassss aaa gai A

Comment

lobia that would be some one like me.
              ﺃﷲ ﻧﯣﺮ ﺇﺴﻣﺇﯣﺇﺕ ﯣﺇﻠﺄﺮﺾ_ Best cheese-maker of monkVille

Comment

Sharafat is in someone's character...in their heart.

So by looking at them, you cannot tell.

You have to get to know them...see their value system...their treatment of people around them...and much more.
                Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

shareef aur shareef-un-nafs meN farq hai

don't take this in it's literal sense...sharaafat is somerhing one can acquire which is NOT in his genes while shareef-un-nafs has his sharaafat in his 'genes'...

the difference being:

shareef: a shareef is shareef in front of others while in privacy he is NOT shareef...he has to work really hard to stay shareef in people's eyes.

these types of shorafaa can be found easily. they usually loose their cool under pressure and in trying times. they are shareef because it serves their purpose and they do it because it suits them. they are more devilish in their motive.

shareef-un-nafs = he/she is shareef in public as well as in privacy and which comes to him naturally. he/she doesn't struggle to be shareef.

these shorafaa are hard to find. they do it because it's in their chemistry and they do it because they wanna please God as well. they never waver from their up-righteousness even in extreme situations and in ultimate trying times.
                  Last edited by KKF; Nov 14, 2011, 05:36 PM.
                  Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
                  16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

so sharaafat is a genetic trait......
                    Marr te gaye aaN ........per Chassss aaa gai A

Comment

Originally posted by NomiCA View Post
                      so sharaafat is a genetic trait......
                      i said ... don't take this in it's LITERAL sense...nafs is NOT genes...this is the best equivalent word...nafs meN honaa means uskii zaat ke Khameer meN honaa....

...may be someone can translate it in a better way...i should have typed genes as
                      'genes'
                      Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
                      16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Quite simply put. You can't.
                        I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.

Comment

Oh and if they go around telling you/reminding you how they're so naik and shareef....most likely they aint.

Comment

mummy's favourite words 'Naik and Shareef'!

Comment

i love how your posts completely nullify the requirement for me to answer at times. you just say it all
                              Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
                              They have a good reputation within the community. Their words and actions match up. They are considerate of others....and try their best to treat others as they would want to be treated themselves. They apologize when they're wrong. They commmunicate respectfully to all people...even during conflicts. They can maintain the trust of others (trustworthy).

There are many qualities (and they are emphasized in Islam)....besides adhering to religious practices such as namaz/roza/etc.... that make one a naik person/good Muslim. Although I've seen that there are some people who will pray the namaz and fulfill other rituals in a timely manner.....but are lacking in character...especially in their interactions with other people. That said....it's not simple. There are many things that need to be looked at when making such an assessment.
                              I'm sarcastic because it is the body's natural defense against stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X