Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Manage Your Household Chores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do You Manage Your Household Chores?

I mean as a couple.

If you've got children or not...do you guys divide things up or do the women take care of most?
    Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Re: How Do You Manage Your Household Chores?

Well, I'm a stay home mom with a part time teaching job. Hubby works fulltime. We've learned to work as a team.
    Don't be hurtin' and hatin' cuz my phone is so cool!

Comment

^ you mean he handles out of the home stuff and u handle the home part ??
      Marr te gaye aaN ........per Chassss aaa gai A

Comment

i m a house wife i do household work myself but huby helps a lot in handling r baby he l make her feeders ready making her sleep all stuff other than nappy change beside working in office
        Meri hasti may ANAA hay meri masti may shaaoor ...

Comment

We are self employed so I am a housewife too as well as working in the business. It's a joint team effort with my hubby and I, I do the main things like cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming but he will help out by putting things away, general tidying up. When we have eaten dinner/breakfats I go into the kitchen and he clears the table , he does alot at home I wouldn't moan about anything.

Comment

I am working man. My wife is stay home mom. She takes care of most of the household chores. I do help her out as best as I can . I cook , I clean , I help out with raising the kids. We have two kids at home, they help out if asked , they do not volunteer their help.
            Fools never disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by NomiCA View Post
              ^ you mean he handles out of the home stuff and u handle the home part ??
              Pretty much yes. But when needed I do what he does and he does what I do.

But for the most part, all household chores, kids activities are in my area of duty. That doesn't mean that if I'm busy with something, he wouldn't take the dishes out of the dishwasher, or if he's busy, I won't go get the oil changed.

Comment

Now all of that sounds pretty old-fashioned all that you people have mentioned

Comment

^^ It works for us.

Comment

^but doing that..doesn't that make one paindu and backwards n stuff?

Comment

Perhaps. But I like the paindooness .

Comment

^

Paindoos FTW!

Comment

if somebody is a stay at home mom/wife , it kind of justifies if she's doing most of the household chores.

Am not working at the moment, so I manage most of the household stuff by myself. But he does help me out whenever he's free and he can. He's a great cook as well so at times on his days off we both whip up a meal together or do the groceries together as well.

Cleaning is one thing he runs away from so sigh it rests entirely on my poor shoulders esp when he manages to make a mess within no time!
                          Train this chaos, turn it into light . . .

Comment

Im not working so I do take care of most stuff, including doing the groceries, cooking, cleaning....though there are times when he will do the dishes as a favor to me, or take out the trash.....

when I am working, things are more split down the middle in terms of chores
                            The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Originally posted by Niksik View Post
                              That doesn't mean that if I'm busy with something, he wouldn't take the dishes out of the dishwasher, or if he's busy, I won't go get the oil changed.
                              Originally posted by NomiCA View Post
                              ^but doing that..doesn't that make one paindu and backwards n stuff?
                              You should note the entire post, not just the bits that make you guys happy
                              Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
                              X