This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn Off's for Men

Yes, I'm actually posting this, because I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

So...

Post a list of things that turn you off about a girl.

Thanks.

SO I CAN STOP DOING IT.
    I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Re: Turn Off's for Men

And please don't tell me I need to be giggling and twirling my hair.

SHOOT ME if that's what I need to start doing.

Comment

-men do NOT like seedhii saadhii girls anymore!
      Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
      16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Smile. be approachable. Don't talk about your period or bowel movements.
        The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

There are not many guys on here. Hmmm...

Flirting and giving the guy a clue that you reciprocate the interest is one thing....but let him do the pursuing for the most part. Don't be too aggressive with that.

It's hard to answer this question (I think even for the guys on here) because we haven't witnessed your interactions with the opposite gender. So we can only go buy what we read online....and sometimes there are differences between our real-life and online personalities. But maybe reflect over the content of your conversations with guy. If if includes a lot of profanity or talk about your period, body odor, and bodily issues (vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, etc).....maybe omit those topics until after you're married to the guy.

Comment

The other thing that comes to mind is.....sometimes we might make "jokey" comments where we put ourselves down....and that makes us look insecure and it can be a turn off. So, avoid comments that draw attention to your flaws or your weaknesses. So avoid making jokey comments about the weight you may feel you need to lose, or how you need to freeze your eggs, etc etc.

Apart from that....while you don't need to be decked out and have layers of make up on your face.....be well groomed. As in eyebrows are in shape, no mustache, no garrish makeup, etc. And just be friendly, calm, etc.

Comment

I did not talk to boy number 2 about periods and poop.

I don't think...

Oh wait! Maybe mentioned getting super excited about blood.

Comment

Originally posted by PyariCgudia View Post

Oh wait! Maybe mentioned getting super excited about blood.
                Yeah, you're not a Cullen......so maybe skip that bit.

Comment

Show that you take care of yourself, know how to be presentable, look good, and have a good time, without appearing high maintenance.

And yeah, be open. I think a lot of us get defensive and don't want to seem like we need boys or friends or family, and become unnecessarily defensive and stubborn just to prove a point. i don't know if that's something you do tho, just what I've seen amongst people I know.

Comment

Applicable to both sexes:

1) Get a life. Be interesting. Find your passion. No one wants to be around someone who doesn't have interests apart from the opposite sex/marriage/babies/marriage/babies/marriage/babies/opposite sex/did I mention opposite sex.

2) Don't be desperate. If you feel desperate, at least don't exude desperation. Unfortunately you can only hide it for so long, and eventually you'll have to [see above].

3) Learn to cultivate happiness and laugh a little. No one wants to be around misery personified. If you're unhappy/bored as a single person, chances are you'll be unhappy/bored as a married person.

4) There is no magic formula to becoming irresistible. If you're independently happy, you're automatically attractive. Minus this, you can dress to the nines, drown yourself in a tub of wax, wear makeup and be the most socially pleasing monkey around, but 10 minutes in you'll still come across as predictable, boring, and desperate.

5) Fix any self-esteem issues before getting seriously involved with the opposite sex. Your core identity should remain untouched regardless of who enters/leaves your life. Learn to draw lines in the sand and quit waiting by the phone/checking your inbox.

6) Don't try so hard. Chill the [bleep] out. Life's too short.

7) I deserve consultation fees for imparting invaluable advice.

Comment

Originally posted by chaibiskut View Post

1) Get a life. Be interesting. Find your passion. No one wants to be around someone who doesn't have interests apart from the opposite sex/marriage/babies/marriage/babies/marriage/babies/opposite sex/did I mention opposite sex.

2) Don't be desperate. If you feel desperate, at least don't exude desperation. Unfortunately you can only hide it for so long, and eventually you'll have to [see above].

3) Learn to cultivate happiness and laugh a little. No one wants to be around misery personified. If you're unhappy/bored as a single person, chances are you'll be unhappy/bored as a married person.

4) There is no magic formula to becoming irresistible. If you're independently happy, you're automatically attractive. Minus this, you can dress to the nines, drown yourself in a tub of wax, wear makeup and be the most socially pleasing monkey around, but 10 minutes in you'll still come across as predictable, boring, and desperate.

5) Fix any self-esteem issues before getting seriously involved with the opposite sex. Your core identity should remain untouched regardless of who enters/leaves your life. Learn to draw lines in the sand and quit waiting by the phone/checking your inbox.

100% true.

Comment

just be your self - of course for your loved one be "a accommodating" however in the process do not lose your identity - after all, it is "you" as you are that a man has liked or you wish he would like. I know that some guys do not like "clingy" women...if he shows any disinterest, maybe you should start showing some disinterest as well - guys usually cant stand if someone starts ignoring them!!! lol - my personal opinion!

Comment

you ladies didn't seem to get the point, not even a single guy replied.
                          point is "shut up" and you will find your dream guy.

khe khe khe.
                          I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Comment

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
                            The other thing that comes to mind is.....sometimes we might make "jokey" comments where we put ourselves down....and that makes us look insecure and it can be a turn off. So, avoid comments that draw attention to your flaws or your weaknesses. So avoid making jokey comments about the weight you may feel you need to lose, or how you need to freeze your eggs, etc etc.

Apart from that....while you don't need to be decked out and have layers of make up on your face.....be well groomed. As in eyebrows are in shape, no mustache, no garrish makeup, etc. And just be friendly, calm, etc.
                            insecurity!!! yes. never express your insecurities in front of your man. thats the quicest turn off possible on the earth. Trust me, even your periods and poops wont shoo the guy away if you are rather confident about them
                            Let the Sea be my mother, and the Moon my father;
                            I will swim with the mermaids forever thereafter....

Comment

Originally posted by chaibiskut View Post

THIS.
                              "Creativity and originality lie not in the avoidance of established forms, but in the imaginative use of them" Some smart wiz.

Comment

Working...
                              X