Super Successful or Super Sweet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Successful or Super Sweet?

Both are educated and fairly attractive.

But the difference between them is that one is really driven and goal oriented whereas the other is just a plain old sweetheart.

Which one would you choose?

(this is not about me but the concerned party will be reading this thread)
    Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Re: Super Successful or Super Sweet?

all other factors equal?

is the sweetheart unambitious or the goal oriented one isn't romantic or kind?
    The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Plain old sweetheart . . . he'll be good in bed
      -- Nauman --

Comment

goal oriented one is driven but he is all about himself. he just isn't the romantic type.

the sweetheart is okay when it comes to ambition. he doesn't have the same drive.

Comment

sweetheart then.
          The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Success.

Comment

So the goal oriented guy is really truly not romantic at all? Or...are you just guessing that a goal oriented guy would not be romantic? Because it could be argued that if the guy's goal is to get the girl....then he could depend upon romantic acts to help him acheive that and even maintain that goal. Goal-oriented people don't necessarily have to be self-centerd.......but if this particular guy does have this quality.....then it's a relationship killer.

You say the sweetheart is "okay" with ambition. The word "okay" implies average ambition.....that's not so bad. It's not the same as being a lazy bum or a couch potato. It can even be argued that since he's a "sweetheart"..........he'd be more considerate about how his actions or lack thereof will affect his spouse/family (loved ones in general). That said....this considerate nature COULD motivate him to strive for the best for his wife/family. That's another way of looking at it.

But if someone is self-centered to the extent that they lack consideration for others......I don't think such a person would know how to communicate in a healthy way with their SO...as that involves an open-mind, being able to listen, compromising, etc. If you can't do that...that can break trust. It's an issue that can lead to other problems and prevents a healthy relationship from taking place.

So, if I had to pick...I'd go with the sweetheart.....unless he's sickeningly sweet. Chipkoos are not cool.

Comment

Here's another thought that just came to mind. By saying that the first guy is not romantic at all......what does that mean? I think that romance requires consideration/sensitivity/and some spontanaiety..........so does that he mean he's devoid of these qualities?

I'm just wondering why would a person *seriously* consider a guy who is uber goal-oriented, but lacks sensitivty/consideration? Is it because you're more interested in what that highly ambitious nature can get for you? In that case, would you be putting a greater emphasis on materialistic things (that a highly ambitious nature can achieve) than on the quality of the relationship itself?

The person whom this situation deals with...and who will be reading this thread....needs to think about what weighs more to them.

Comment

Which one do you enjoy talking to? Whose company is better?
                  I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
                    So the goal oriented guy is really truly not romantic at all? Or...are you just guessing that a goal oriented guy would not be romantic? Because it could be argued that if the guy's goal is to get the girl....then he could depend upon romantic acts to help him acheive that and even maintain that goal. Goal-oriented people don't necessarily have to be self-centerd.......but if this particular guy does have this quality.....then it's a relationship killer.

You say the sweetheart is "okay" with ambition. The word "okay" implies average ambition.....that's not so bad. It's not the same as being a lazy bum or a couch potato. It can even be argued that since he's a "sweetheart"..........he'd be more considerate about how his actions or lack thereof will affect his spouse/family (loved ones in general). That said....this considerate nature COULD motivate him to strive for the best for his wife/family. That's another way of looking at it.

But if someone is self-centered to the extent that they lack consideration for others......I don't think such a person would know how to communicate in a healthy way with their SO...as that involves an open-mind, being able to listen, compromising, etc. If you can't do that...that can break trust. It's an issue that can lead to other problems and prevents a healthy relationship from taking place.

So, if I had to pick...I'd go with the sweetheart.....unless he's sickeningly sweet. Chipkoos are not cool.

i m impressed with your writing style.
                    and those who say, Our Lord, Give us, from our spouses and our children, comfort of eyes, and make us heads of the God-fearing.
                    [25:74]

Comment

if i were concerned party I select goal oriented. life is tough and it becomes tougher with time and age. i read some weird comment talking about good in bed which is really weak argument.

if guy is proceeding for rishta, its mean he definitely has feeling for his potential SO. I believe many goal oriented guys are more romantic than sweethearts.
                      and those who say, Our Lord, Give us, from our spouses and our children, comfort of eyes, and make us heads of the God-fearing.
                      [25:74]

Comment

Okay so here is what it is:

Goal oriented guy is romantic as long as its about him. I think she means he's a bit selfish.

The sweetheart is very nice but at times gets a little emotional.

Comment

Originally posted by Reha View Post
                          Okay so here is what it is:

Goal oriented guy is romantic as long as its about him. I think she means he's a bit selfish.

The sweetheart is very nice but at times gets a little emotional.

I've dealt with very emotional guys....they can be annoying. But if he's only like that "at times" (which is what you said)....then that's not so bad...cuz it's not happening often. It's not as bad (IMO) as someone who is selfish.

And how can a woman fully enjoy the romance when she well aware that he's mainly into himself. Forget romance...how can you even enjoy the company of someone like that? This situation is just more problematic than the other.

Comment

No super man is good.
                            "Common sense is instinct, and enough of it is genius."

Comment

Successful but kindly keep it in your mind that Success doesn't come to you - you need to go to it
                              Do not judge me by my PAST , I dont live there anymore

Comment

Working...
                              X