smiling at guys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smiling at guys.

As some of you know, I am having a really hard time with finding a suitable rishta ( it tends to be them saying no/being indecisive) of course we have found some people unsuitable too.

My parents are very encouraging or me finding someone on my own and I always say to them but there is no one! which for the most time is true.

I am on a new placement working in Accident and Emergency ( ER/Casualty) for 6 weeks in a new town. The town is full of young asian doctors.

I have noticed something about myself. Whenever i notice a guy looking in my direction or smiling at me I turn away/make a stand offish face/pretend not to see them/always assume they are looking at my friend who everyone seems to like because she is fair and pretty.

I guess I need to change this?

Question : Does smiling come across as slutty/easy etc etc?

(I live in the UK btw so for those in some areas of Pak the culture is a little different and less conservative )

I used to be pretty high in confidence however following bad experiences with guys I guess I have confused myself on female/male interactions.

Re: smiling at guys.

Smiling comes across as slutty?
    Only if you're pulling up on your skirt at the same time.

Put simply, no.
    Look at your signature, now back to mine, now back at yours, now back to mine. Sadly, your signature isnít mine.

Comment

Of course not! If it's not done with your nose flaring and raised eyebrows, it is perfectly fine. A genuine sweet smile is always appreciated and never "slutty".
      "Creativity and originality lie not in the avoidance of established forms, but in the imaginative use of them"ó Some smart wiz.

Comment

I somehow have developed a genuine fear of smiling at guys! I am scared of come across as flirty or something - not that there is anything wrong with that.

I didn't realise I was like this until today

Comment

So what if they think you're a slut, remember sluts always get the best looking guys...smile away!!!
          OMG Paki!

Comment

and those who say, Our Lord, Give us, from our spouses and our children, comfort of eyes, and make us heads of the God-fearing.
            [25:74]

Comment

if you don't get out there.....u won't find a guy
              Marr te gaye aaN ........per Chassss aaa gai A

Comment

I actually make a conscious effort to smile at everyone. A smile on your face makes a person looks happier, more approachable, confident and attractive. It's not a "come hither" look - I smile at women as well - gosh, I smile at the stranger in the elevator and what a nice feeling when the other person smiles back I consider it my "I'm happy to be alive and have the many blessings Allah has given me look".

Mind you, if I'm in a bad mood, I may have a scowl on my face, but that's because I want people to stay away and give me my space.
                You can't buy happiness, but you can buy shoes and that's kinda the same thing...

Comment

Unless you are licking your lips while smiling, you should be fine

PS: no. smiling is not slutty
                  Goyan keshk aqbat taskeen ast...Awal shor ast aqbat namkeen ast
                  Har chanz aasiyat sang zeerey...Ee surat-e-beqrar barbin ast

Comment

Smiling at women and other people who are not showing any interest towards me I am perfectly fine with.

Its when a man who is young/good looking is looking at me ( in a non perverted manner) and giving me a friendly smile - I just look mean and stand offish or completely ignore and turn away or walk away.

Comment

Just don't wink as well.
                      OMG Paki!

Comment

Just because a guy is smiling at you doesn't mean he wants to get with you. Maybe he's wants you to be the sister he never had! A smile is just a smile and just shows you as being friendly. If he's weirded out by a casual smile, then he's got some issues - but yeah your smile has to be a casual smile and not "making cow's eyes, will you be the father of my children" smile.
                        You can't buy happiness, but you can buy shoes and that's kinda the same thing...

Comment

A desi girl Smiling at fobs or freshers as they call them in UK has different meaning as opposed to those who were born and raised in the West.
                          So yes you have to be careful when you smile at a desi.
                          Fools never disagree.

Comment

Inspiron,have tawwakul in Allah
                            may Allah help you in getting a good and loving husband.Aameen
                            I didn't ask to be a princess, but hey if the crown fits!

Comment

fobs might even rape you
                              Marr te gaye aaN ........per Chassss aaa gai A

Comment

Working...
                              X