Mingling with other parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mingling with other parents

Do you mingle with your childs peers parents?

that prob doesnt make sense

what i mean is, lets say if your child goes to daycare or school, do u know the others parents there? do you converse with them?

I find that i want to, but dont get a chance to, or people dont quite approach me..

a lot of the parents are a lot older than i am.. there are SOME who are prob my age, and the only reason i know is cus i knew them outside of the daycare, but most others are much older... but even then, our kids are the same age, so I really wouldnt mind mingling with them..

I really ought to make more of an effort.. how do u though?

Munckins birthday is coming up in a months time Inshallah, so i'll arrange for goodie bags and cake at the childcare.. i think that'll help with the mingling.. i dunno?

I guess cus my parents were never really into it (cus of work and stuff) but I do recall in Taxila, my parents knew everyone.. and most of my school mates lived in the same colony and all their mothers were friends with my mother, cus my mother was friends with the principal... lol
    happy happy happy... happy happy happy

Re: Mingling with other parents

just go over and introduce yourself, simple.
    ...baat jisame, pyaar to hai, zehar bhi hai.

Comment

Yeah, Im going to.

We usually pick her up at odd times so dont get a chance. And everyoe just wants to get home at that time... i hate stopping people from getting home. Cus i'd hate that

Comment

You can initiate a emailing list or phone list. In grade schools some volunteer takes the initiative to collect this information from parents who want to share this info and it is used exactly for this purpose for inviting people at each others houses or just for gossiping.
        Fools never disagree.

Comment

yeah, thats a good idea.

I dont want it for gossiping...

My daughter is finally making 'friends' so it seems. So I thought it would be nice to know the parents as well

when i was like in nursery (back in pakistan) my mum and the mothers used to mingle so much.. go on picnics and watever.. but i guess they were stay-at-home mums back then, so it was different..

Comment

Originally posted by sadzzz View Post
            yeah, thats a good idea.

I dont want it for gossiping...

My daughter is finally making 'friends' so it seems. So I thought it would be nice to know the parents as well

when i was like in nursery (back in pakistan) my mum and the mothers used to mingle so much.. go on picnics and watever.. but i guess they were stay-at-home mums back then, so it was different..
            Gossiping is good for maintaining sanity.
            You would be surprised to find our shortly that things are not much different here either.
            Fools never disagree.

Comment

I like Mirch's idea...the emailing list would help make you break ice with parents who are probably looking for the same but dont know how to approach you either.
              Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

I mingle A LOT, infact ppl come to me and start conversating, mostly about kids stuff or the day care center generally. I have made some good friends and the good thing is that some live where we live so we see them quite often.

So far I have been invited to their homes/birthday parties .. one was even asking if we can do a pre christmas at her place, which I politaly declined.

Comment

you're from Taxila....nice place.
                  I'm quite illiterate, but I read a lot.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you. My son's b-day is next week & I want to send some treats for the kids but not sure how other parents, if they want their kids to have cake or not...etc. Also I want to make at least small talk with other parents, esp of 2 kids that my son really gets along with...but I feel awkward in just approaching them. Hmm I think I will discuss with the teacher tomorrow if its OK to bring in something to the nursery.

Comment

I'm usually the only FATHER who picks up their kid from day care or even in other situations, like at the grocery store, it's rare to see a father with his child without the mother around, freaking soo many people come up to me and say awwwwww are you babysitting, and I'm like fcuk you, I'm not baby sitting, I'm providing care for my child you douche, you women are always complaining about how fathers take an inactive role in their child's life but when you see one, you automatically assume that we're baby sitting or we're bumbling idiots when it comes to child care, it's such bakwaas.

Even the magazines like parenting magazine has the quote below "What mothers want" or "Mom's perspective", they don't even talk about the dads in those fukking magazines, if they do, it's the same bumbling idiot picture they paint usually accompanied by a picture of a dad with his child and the whole house a mess WTF...

OK, my rant is over...

Comment

lol aahmed.. haha... if only someone would sit up and take notice of dads eh.. but kudos ot u for being such a loving pa.. 'taalia'

i would just approach them sadzz... emailing is something i wouldnt do with strangers.. face to face contact is way better i think.. what do u have to lose.. just do it
                        standing alone on a street of broken dreams

Comment

lol aahmed is turning into one of us!
                          I love children and old people. Its everyone in between I can't stand - Don Imus

Comment

Originally posted by Afro-Sheen View Post
                            I'm in the same boat as you. My son's b-day is next week & I want to send some treats for the kids but not sure how other parents, if they want their kids to have cake or not...etc. Also I want to make at least small talk with other parents, esp of 2 kids that my son really gets along with...but I feel awkward in just approaching them. Hmm I think I will discuss with the teacher tomorrow if its OK to bring in something to the nursery.
                            Talk to the teacher. They give you advice and ideas.
                            Fools never disagree.

Comment

My aunt sometimes goes ahead of time to pick up her daughter. That way she can talk to the parents who are there waiting to pick up their kid.
                              "Common sense is instinct, and enough of it is genius."

Comment

Working...
                              X