what if ur own kid turns out to be ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what if ur own kid turns out to be ...

we had this pretty interesting debate in class today ..and the prof. asked what if your own kid turns out to be gay/lesbian?..how would you react?..what would you do to make him/her attracted to the opposite gender?.. would u let him/her life the way they wanna live and start staying away from them or wat?...lotsa people had their own opinion..whereas i was speechless since i have never thought about homosexuality from this point...

so ya.. what would u do?..discuss please..
    Patta patta boota boota haal hamaara jaane hai
    Jaane na jaane gul he na jaane, baagh to saara jaane hai

Originally posted by FrozenFire View Post
    we had this pretty interesting debate in class today ..and the prof. asked what if your own kid turns out to be gay/lesbian?..how would you react?..what would you do to make him/her attracted to the opposite gender?.. would u let him/her life the way they wanna live and start staying away from them or wat?...lotsa people had their own opinion..whereas i was speechless since i have never thought about homosexuality from this point...

I will make (my son) watch dostana ...desi girl
    Whos the hottest girl in the world a desi girl
    Love arrives on tiptoe and bangs the door when it leaves

Comment

Re: what if ur own kid turns out to be ...

Another homosexuality thread.

In Western countries, parents do not have a say. They can't force their kids to do anything they don't want to do. So, most desi and Muslim parents don't wait until last minute to convey the wrongs of homosexuality to their children. They start quite early in teaching their kids the right from wrong. However, if all is said and done and the child still feels like being gay - then parents have no say. That is the bitter truth.

May Allah protect us and our offspring from trials like these, ameen.
      Young soul's search has been paused.

Comment

As far as I know and as far as research into the subject goes, if you are gay you are born that way and you can't be 'forced straight' by marriage etc. I once even interviewed a gay prostitute who said people just don't believe how many married men he has as customers, people who tried to hide their sexuality but in the end it always gets the better of you.

I've thought of this topic. I think for a mother it's very hard to turn her child away, at least it would be for me. I'm quite an open minded person, so I wouldn't be upset if my child was gay because I know that's not a choice, like you can't choose your own gender or skin colour. But I would be upset for them, because I'd know that their lives would be so much harder and complicated.

If this happened to my child, I would try to be as supportive as possible and let them know that no matter what, they always have a place at home. Being gay nowadays anywhere, especially in Pakistan, could even get you killed. It would be wrong to turn on your child knowing that the rest of the world is going to turn on them too, you are all they really have.

When I think back to the times I tried to tell my parents something that was really important to me, and how upset and angry they were, and how i then had to conceal my happiness from those who mattered most to me (i chose my own partner, Allhamdulillah all's ok with my parents now) I know that feeling of loneliness and rejection when all you needed was some acceptance. I could never do that to my own child, though I hope I don't have to face this scenario.

Comment

aint nobody like my desi girl
          Sub to suni sadi desi girl

Whoz the hottest girl in the world a desi girl

Comment

Originally posted by FrozenFire View Post

there's not much that you can do about your homo son/daughter but there's so much you can do to have your kids a healthy sexuality [to be straight].
            I'm quite illiterate, but I read a lot.

Comment

uh - speechless I am

..but I know a family who knew about their son being gay... he just got married for the first time at around 35 - 40 yrs old - to a much younger, very beautiful girl (but from poor family) - just to keep his family happy.

Comment

One of my cousins is gay...!!! what a pucker!!!!
                Its bigger on the inside!!

Comment

Originally posted by sameenji View Post
                  aint nobody like my desi girl
                  Sub to suni sadi desi girl

Whoz the hottest girl in the world a desi girl
                  i hear you !

Comment

In 1993, Drs. William Byne and Bruce Parsons, researchers at the New York State Psychiatric Institute, critically reviewed "the evidence favoring a biologic theory" presented by LeVay and Bailey & Pillard.They concluded in the Archives of General Psychiatry that "[t]here is no evidence at present to substantiate a biologic theory" of sexual orientation!
                    Source
                    Last edited by Mirch; Dec 4, 2008, 10:40 AM.
                    Fools never disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight_up View Post
                      Another homosexuality thread.

In Western countries, parents do not have a say. They can't force their kids to do anything they don't want to do. So, most desi and Muslim parents don't wait until last minute to convey the wrongs of homosexuality to their children. They start quite early in teaching their kids the right from wrong. However, if all is said and done and the child still feels like being gay - then parents have no say. That is the bitter truth.

May Allah protect us and our offspring from trials like these, ameen.
                      I agree with you - there is nothing that you could do. But at what age should you start talking to your kids about this? There are so manu images that they see like "Dostana commercials" or shows like Will and Grace or even in school. What is the right age? and What do you say?
                      A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by njgal View Post
                        I agree with you - there is nothing that you could do.
                        There is a lot you can do. It depends on if you have been brainwashed like others by the media hype to this issue or you believe experts of this field.

"Born WHAT Way?" by Dr. Paul Cameron

Are People Born Homosexual?
                        Fools never disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by njgal View Post
                          I agree with you - there is nothing that you could do. But at what age should you start talking to your kids about this? There are so manu images that they see like "Dostana commercials" or shows like Will and Grace or even in school. What is the right age? and What do you say?
                          thumka lagi kay she will rock your world a desi girl..
                          Whoz the hottest girl in the world a desi girl.

Comment

Mirch - what can you do - you cannot the force the child? (esp in western countries - there are laws)
                            A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Comment

I read both of the articles that you sent - To me it makes sense but to most homosexual population it might not.

They way that I look at it that it's an urge - just like you might have an urge to kill someone, or to hurt someone but you don't go exploring every urge that you have.

We can't deny it - it exists in the world around us and even existed in olden days.

My question pertains to children - what age is the right age to start talking to them about this stuff?

Comment

Working...
                              X