Advice for ppl getting married

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice for ppl getting married

Any advice from people who are married to people who are getting married?
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Re: Advice for ppl getting married

Will you really , really follow the advice ?
    Fools never disagree.

Comment

[media]http://ejcross.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/homer_simpson_doh_02.gif[/media]
      -- Nauman --

Comment

Originally posted by Mirch View Post
        Will you really , really follow the advice ?

if it's good advice then yes.. an im sure u can only give good advice....

btw should we call u Mirch Uncle now?

Comment

Isn't it too late for you now ?

Originally posted by njgal View Post
          We celebrate Thankgiving and New Years with our kids.

I don't celebrate Christmas because I feel it is a religious holiday. (or Hannakah, or Diwali) etc

I am teaching my kids about the holidays and they can participate in Christmas parties at school etc but we don't get them a tree or put up lights or anything.

I think every family has to find their own balance.
          Fools never disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Colourful eyes View Post
            if it's good advice then yes.. an im sure u can only give good advice....

btw should we call u Mirch Uncle now?
            Before getting married please make sure that you are marrying a person you want to. Do not give in to any kind of pressure. Love is always blind , so when that love reaches to the point where you want to tie the knott , you need to find out what you like and dislike about the person you love you might find out that there are more dislikes as compared to likes.
            After the wedding , respect each other. Give each other space. Respect each others family no matter what.

Naam main kia rakha hay. I do not mind if someone calls me bhai, uncle , dada , nana etc etc
            Fools never disagree.

Comment

^^ lol mirch bhai @dada nana itne burdhe hogae hain

anyways i dont think ppl really follow any advise or suggestions... only time can teach u..otherwise there wuldnt hve been any divorce cases..any separation bla bla cases...

only a few ppl learn from the examples...most of us learn from self experience..
              ***Behekti Chokri***

Comment

Golden advice Mirch bhai!

and citrine one can also learn much from the sunnah of Prophet (pbuh).
                And never take those killed in the way of Allah as dead. Rather, they are alive, with their Lord, well-provided, happy with what Allah has given them of His grace [Al-Imran, v169]

Comment

surely they can..
                  per how many learn anything from sunnah ?? i guess hardly any
                  ***Behekti Chokri***

Comment

Marry one who you feel will be your true partner in life. Everything else is small in comparison. If you're married to a partner - one who shares the same hopes, dreams, aspirations, expectations then everything else will work itself out one way or another.

I married a partner. We;ve overcome difference in religion and culture - the biggies that many fear in cross-cultural relationships. We've also overcome infertility, difficult family members, difficult family situations.

You can accomplish ANYthing when you have a life-partner and soul-mate.

Comment

my advise~ lov is blind, what u may think is true lov might just be in ur imagination. when picking a life partner u should see if the person is compatible with urself. sometimes the person we lov is not always the right choice for us....

it's best to Marry the person who lovs you, not to the person u lov.....
                      Last edited by CE; Dec 2, 2008, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Never ever ever drag each other's families into a fight!

Family is OFF limits.
                        Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

dont discuss ur personal issues (hubby/wife issues) with ur families. We never discuss our finances or other fights we have with our parents.

Dont bring up the past.. whats the past is past and cant be changed.. so dont bring that into our arguments. U can laugh about that stuff, but dont try to use as points to win an argument.

Be nice to one another, appreciate each other.. let the other know how much u love them. Dont wait for them to tell you. Let go of ur ego.. and be a team. Ur individuals but to make a marriage work, u have to work as one.
                          happy happy happy... happy happy happy

Comment

Originally posted by sadzzz View Post
                            dont discuss ur personal issues (hubby/wife issues) with ur families.

Dont bring up the past.. whats the past is past and cant be changed.. so dont bring that into our arguments. U can laugh about that stuff, but dont try to use as points to win an argument.

Be nice to one another, appreciate each other.. let the other know how much u love them. Dont wait for them to tell you. Let go of ur ego.. and be a team. Ur individuals but to make a marriage work, u have to work as one.
                            Very appropriate points, golden.
                            The Thread Killer!

Comment

Always respect each other and each other's family

Never fight in public and never bring ur day to day issues to parents/families

never cheat.. honesty and loyality is a key to successful marriage, because these qualities build trust between spouses.

Comment

Working...
                              X